Camara made available for transfer | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Feb 8, 2005
Interesting policy.

Sell with twelve months on his contract, rather than let his contract run out and go for free.

Definite change in policy.

How does that affect those others in a similar position? eg Houghton, although to be fair, he hasn't been offered a new contract.

Reactions: Justin

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
No one is bigger than the club- they gave Pan time to make is mind up but if is heart is no longer in it why keep an unhappy player
The writing was on the wall when he did not commit
He has been a good servant - but we are just a stepping stone
We will no doubt take the undisclosed fee (because all our transfer activity is always undisclosed) & invest it in bringing in a suitable replacement

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Dec 9, 2008
As Green Day once said 'something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you have the time of your life'

Love the bloke to bits, but we can't risk losing him for nothing. Hard to even say we could've sold him in January, what message would that have sent out given the position we were in and the ambition we had? Good luck Pan and we've done all we can on it really.

Reactions: David Doidge
Mar 16, 2009
London
By God we're going to miss him.

However, correct policy by the club.

I think the club have this policy wrong.

Arguably our best outfield player, very hard to replace for pocket money. He clearly likes playing for the club so I don't buy the argument that he won't give his all. Do we now accept a lowball bid?

It makes it very difficult to extract good value from a transfer fee now we've made a public statement.

Feels very naive.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Andy B. and Allanon

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So if we play him for the season we could lose (say) £400k?

His agent has obviously done his homework and said "I can get you (a guess) £15k a week rather than (another guess) £6k a week at Plymouth".

He's bound to ease up, he's bound to go, at least way we can screw a deal with add ons.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
One would imagine his ‘representatives’ are already aware of a higher wage offer which Argyle couldn't or wouldn’t match. A shame but a well done to the club from me - now let’s see a bidding war.

May 8, 2011
I think the club have this policy wrong.

Arguably our best outfield player, very hard to replace for pocket money. He clearly likes playing for the club so I don't buy the argument that he won't give his all. Do we now accept a lowball bid?

It makes it very difficult to extract good value from a transfer fee now we've made a public statement.

Feels very naive.
Interesting policy.

Sell with twelve months on his contract, rather than let his contract run out and go for free.

Definite change in policy.

How does that affect those others in a similar position? eg Houghton, although to be fair, he hasn't been offered a new contract.
It is the same policy that Peterborough has, which is why Broom is available for transfer.
I assume therefore that all the other players in the final year of their contract will also be available for transfer.