Assault, Mayflower gate | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Assault, Mayflower gate

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
I can't believe what I'm reading here. This is not the 80s or 90s...there's hundreds of kids there now at matches...and women too...

What the hell is wrong with people?

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Bring in standing areas soon....then if people stand in seated areas move them to a standing area for the rest of the season.
If they don't observe this rule then throw them out....there is nothing worse than elderly fans being deprived of seeing the full match....standing in restricting seat rows can be very dangerous as you get older and losing your balance.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Alcohol and Heat doesn't make a good mix. Add in a doughnut who thinks he Muhammed "i'm ard" Bruce Lee and stupid things occur. I hope he gets a lifetime ban.

Reactions: Pilgrim
I sit in the front of the Demport End as there are not enough wheelchair accessible places in the refurbished Grandstand. I also recall the 70ā€™s and I am no prude, but I do not wish to hear some grown-up men attending some of the big matches which sell out constantly using foul language in the front of the Demport while sitting next to their 8- to 10-year-old sons or daughters, so I do not attend so many games now. Also, due to people rushing forward and standing up without any respect for wheelchair users. Thankfully, during the Rotherham game last year I was able to sit next to my friend in a wheelchair accessible space in the Grandstand which was so much better. However, not quite hearing some of the chanting at first from some people in the Demport and Lyndhurst during this game to the opposing fans it then got louder and louder from many quarters with the chanting being totally abhorrent. How, Argyle did not get sanctioned for this was very lucky. The chanting could have been akin to racism or any other kind of verbal abuse so I hope some lessons are learnt all round from all clubs and fans should similar occurrences occur in the future.

Reactions: Returnofthepob

leeroy221

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
May 10, 2015
But some behind you wonā€™t be able to see even if they stand.
But they are all in a standing area and are aware of the potential to have someone taller in front of them when they book there. When booking a seat, in a seated area, you expect everyone to be seated no?

Dec 30, 2010
United Kingdom
Was the victim seriously hurt?
I was walking out next to these guys with my 7-year-old son. At first I thought they were mates arguing about the penalty, but it got more heated.

The guy that was hit was clearly annoyed that the other guy had been blocking his view during the match. There swore at each other for a bit, then the guy who had been standing punched the other in the side/back of the head as he started to walk away. Aside from the arguing it was unprovoked. To his credit, the man who was hit, picked up his glasses and with a bit of encouragement left the scene. I hope he was OK.

The chap who hit him carried on shouting for a bit before also being persuaded to leave. He did apologise to those of us around him but it was a real shame to end a great day like that and a sucker punch like that could have had far worse implications.

Reactions: saxman