Assault, Mayflower gate | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Assault, Mayflower gate

May 3, 2016
Throw back to the 70s hardly. One punch argument over nothing I bet your live an interesting life🤫

Reactions: meetoo

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
People have died from a single punch, I hope this guy is identified and banned.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Hang on a minute are you saying fans should stay seated when Argyle score?

I'm with Area 51, the day that's accepted it's the day I stay away as well.

It's football not a vicar's tea party!
I was evicted from our vicar's tea party.

Jan 2, 2019
Some of the replies here seem a bit OTT. Maybe I look at the world a bit differently but talking about football going back to 70s because of a couple of slaps illustrates my point about OTT replies.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Hang on a minute are you saying fans should stay seated when Argyle score?

I'm with Area 51, the day that's accepted it's the day I stay away as well.

It's football not a vicar's tea party!
I'm saying fans should have respect and expect to be respected. Area 51 has history of defending every daft and dangerous bits of fan behaviour we have seen since lock-down. His follow up "punch" posts back it up. Stand up when we score but why deny the view of the act of scoring to those who are also trying to enjoy their day and may, for whatever reason, visible or not, not be able to stand themselves or see over someone who is.

I suspect many who have commented do not know the full story of the incident anyway. Rarely are events like this black and white.

May 3, 2016
And you Mr Pedlar have a long history of being judge and jury call yourself an administrator get real. It’s a football match people stand get over it.

Jan 2, 2019
And you Mr Pedlar have a long history of being judge and jury call yourself an administrator get real. It’s a football match people stand get over it.
Can’t see what the problem is. People stand at football it’s called passion.

Jul 21, 2006
Throw back to the 70s hardly. One punch argument over nothing I bet your live an interesting life🤫
There’s a young lad in Falmouth who is completely paralysed after his brother had thrown one punch at him, the only part of his body that he can control now is his eyes. One second of madness two lives completely destroyed.

Reactions: David Doidge

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Surely the real issue here isn’t whether people sometimes stand at football matches, whether that’s occasionally for a goal or a penalty or for longer periods. It’s that someone felt the need to use physical violence and throw a punch. That‘s simply not acceptable or appropriate in any way.

(As far as the standing is concerned, if this was persistent during the game rather than being a natural response to get up in moments of excitement, why wasn’t this addressed by the stewards at the time?)

Reactions: saxman and SWTT