• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Assault, Mayflower gate

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
There’s a young lad in Falmouth who is completely paralysed after his brother had thrown one punch at him, the only part of his body that he can control now is his eyes. One second of madness two lives completely destroyed.
Someone died on the day Argyle won the play-off final at Wembley as a result of a single punch thrown in a moment of madness. There‘s certainly no such thing as ‘just a single punch’.

May 16, 2016
Can't understand anyone defending someone who felt the need to throw a punch in reply to being repeatedly asked to sit down in a seating area. It's not exactly 'just' a display of passion is it.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
I was walking out next to these guys with my 7-year-old son. At first I thought they were mates arguing about the penalty, but it got more heated.

The guy that was hit was clearly annoyed that the other guy had been blocking his view during the match. There swore at each other for a bit, then the guy who had been standing punched the other in the side/back of the head as he started to walk away. Aside from the arguing it was unprovoked. To his credit, the man who was hit, picked up his glasses and with a bit of encouragement left the scene. I hope he was OK.

The chap who hit him carried on shouting for a bit before also being persuaded to leave. He did apologise to those of us around him but it was a real shame to end a great day like that and a sucker punch like that could have had far worse implications.
Brave hitting someone from behind or side.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I think it’s hard to explain emotions as a football fan. I am an easy going person who loves going argyle with my wife and 2 kids (1 son, 1 daughter).

I admit that I swear too much (in a normal in environment), but our kids thrive on the atmosphere. It’s what keeps the club going, new people loving shouting at away fans. My 15 yo daughter and 11 yo son don’t mean it, but they just want to do it. It’s football and they love it. 💚💚💚💚💚

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I sit between the dugouts for friendlies and EFL cup game(s). There are two youngies behind me, I reckon they're about 10/11 years old, good bright kids, not mini chavs. They sing almost every song that the DE sing and it's always aimed at the BPE, gestures the lot. They are hilarious. Always bring a smile to my face.

When they sing 'You're just a GNS', they don't mean any harm, they don't really mean the words, it's just what they sing at Home Park.

I've always loved football humour and long may it continue. We have to be careful that we don't sanitise it too much, or the Hooray Henry's will leave rugger and infest our beautiful game.
I'm a legacy fan and proud of it . :)

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
This is not sanitising football, heaven forbid, but stopping neanderthals that think it's ok to punch people is an imperative for me. I do not want to go to a match knowing this idiot could be sitting / standing in front of me next game. It has to be stopped.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Now don't misquote me Mr NLG!

That sucker punching sly bugger should be done (IF anyone has complained by the way).

What I'm saying is some people on this thread have veered toward not standing when incidents on the pitch happened, plus LA Green has made comments about songs being sung at away fans etc.

My point is that it's a football match, and certain behaviours that occur at football matches don't always stand up outside the stadium (if you excuse the pun).

The vibe of a ground when in full visceral mode, is something to behold in my opinion.

Punching some bloke when he's turned away is nasty, stupid and sly in any context and is not acceptable anywhere!

Oct 15, 2017
It’s called being a fan do you want us just to sit and clap when we score🤪if that day ever comes then that will be it for me

Thank god I sit anywhere other than the Devonport end where fans only get up from their seats to applaud
the player who has scored and immediately sits back down afterward.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I taught my kids “what goes on at football stays at football”. They understood that perfectly well.
With regards to standing, it will be a good thing when safe standing is introduced. I’m a stander and stand where others stand. If a 6 foot 6” bloke stands in front of me that’s my bad luck. I don’t look for a fight.

Oct 31, 2015
Alcohol and Heat doesn't make a good mix. Add in a doughnut who thinks he Muhammed "i'm ard" Bruce Lee and stupid things occur. I hope he gets a lifetime ban.
Thats a poor generalisation. I had a few ciders before the game, sat in the same heat as others and did my normal singing, bouncing up and down with excitement (its a football match ffs) including standing at times and didnr feel like Bruce Lee or Arny.

Some people are just twits

Reactions: David Doidge