Adams out now | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out now

Mar 14, 2009
I think there is good and bad news ahead.

The bad news is whatever league Adams will be in charge.

The good news is that he must surely know, especially if we are in league two, he will need to start next season very well to get any of his credibility back.

C

Cult Of Personality

I want Adams gone but if he does stay next season. He has to build from the back and midfield first . Makes us hard to beat and then address the goal scoring. At the moment we look like we never seen a clean sheet let alone got one

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
This may seem totally counterintuitive but there's a part of me that says if we stay up sack him but if we go down keep him on.
Hear me out.
1. I would hate for one second to think of Adams taking us down and then profiting from his own failure with a pay off and, in all probability another job somewhere. In fact keeping him on would seem almost like a punishment.
2. However if we did remain in league 1 the argument would be we could more reasonably afford to sack him on the calculated risk that a fresh face and better opposition and possibly a better campaign would bring better crowds than league 2 fare, plus increased revenue from the new facilities.
3. Whilst many (including myself) would remain alienated from the club whilst Adams stays, at least there is the possibility that his mind bendingly dull football could get the club back up again, so why pay out to replace him until he's got us back up (the caveat being that he is discharged as soon as promotion is achieved on the basis that we've seen how rigid and easily worked out he is at this level and that he hasn't developed as a manager since going up a level so the evidence is that he'd fare no better with a third crack at division 3.)
Or maybe that's nonsense and he should just go as soon as the final whistle sounds after the Scunthorpe game

cheshiregreen":3k6c04w2 said:
TPG Extreme":3k6c04w2 said:
I do wonder if he is starting to lose the dressing room. Players out a few nights before a game, Ladapo with a sarcastic tweet this morning about ruling himself out, it doesn’t feel like manager and players being united

And we all know the outcome when that kind of disunity occurs. :sad:

Too right. @Only1Argyle will block you.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If/when we secure safety against Scunthorpe on the last day of the season I hope there's no celebration or pitch invasion. We shouldn't be in this position so while (hopefully) thankful we've survived there shouldn't be a party.

The concern is next season and with Adams still as manager all the crap will start if he loses three or four games in a row, the negativity against Adams from sections of the fanbase isn't good for the harmony of the club.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Which is why it needs mutually sorting between Adams and the board.

It’s volatile and will only need a small spark to reignite when things continue.

For the good of the club he needs to leave regardless of this seasons outcome.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":2xw6zwhk said:
If/when we secure safety against Scunthorpe on the last day of the season I hope there's no celebration or pitch invasion. We shouldn't be in this position so while (hopefully) thankful we've survived there shouldn't be a party.

The concern is next season and with Adams still as manager all the crap will start if he loses three or four games in a row, the negativity against Adams from sections of the fanbase isn't good for the harmony of the club.

No, what’s not good harmony for the club is the way we play under Adams.

Have a go in games, then he may get more fans behind him who will support him.

Mar 8, 2016
We really need to get behind the players for these next two games, be their 12th man. But when all is done, regardless to what division we’re in, the Scunthorpe match has to be dereks last game in charge of this football club. That includes his two assistants. New ideas, new impetus, a more positive feel is needed for next season. We won’t get that with with Adams still in charge.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":2qc5o3j1 said:

Based on last 2 seasons 3 or 4 defeats will be by the end of August then.

I would like to see a rallying cry from the club as things are clearly not right. A sort of "we need you at Accrington" message. It's a big open terrace behind the goal so not good for atmosphere and can't recall us having more than 500/600 there. The players are very close to the fans due to changing rooms being near a corner flag so another poor display and it could get toxic.

Totally agree there should be no "celebration" if we escape it's not like the post administration days. For Adam's to claim we have had 3 seasons of " over success" (which isn't even a phrase) :roll: is not helpful in this climate.

We can debate it all come 730pm on 4th May, but, there needs to be some very serious thinking at the club about the way forward. It should never have come to the situation where we are desperately watching other scores to see if we can cling on to survive in the 3rd tier. :furious: :furious:

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Have been reading some articles on line today about when DA was fired from Ross County. Interesting the one about the dutch players who absolutely hated him and claim he bullied and trolled them. Sounds like plenty of people were glad when he left and a bit reminiscent of the predicament now.

I think he needs to go. Its a bit like Peter Shilton in 1994-95 after the play off defeat the year before. Team was on a nosedive and Shilts was never going to get it back. For me this season is the hardest to take since that relegation season after we got so close to the second tier in 93/94...in fact this season is worse because we've been in the 4th tier on two separate occasions since 1995 and the thought of going back is just awful.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1efxql5u said:

I'll be celebrating as I have already resigned myself to relegation. Nothing to be proud about but a big relief if we did pull it off. And it could have the added bonus of getting rid of Adams even if we stay up as the penny has dropped that he doesnt know what he is doing.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
DA will be gone at the end of the season whether we stay up or not. Mr Hallett is a successful businessman who will make these sort of decisions all the time about personnel/resourcing/morale etc.

He won't (nor should) knee jerk, but will have weighed up the short term cost and the long term impact on the team/staff/fans/city and will make a decision accordingly despite DA having his fingers in so many club pies. That time is not now but in a couple of week's time. DA won't know about it or expect it.

Hopefully we'll still be in league one.

Jul 12, 2016
What a breath of fresh air, John Coleman manager of Accrington before Saturdays game talking about lack of finance.
"Its not about money its about pride,its how you assemble a team and whats inside the players and not what you pay them"
Well said that man,Adams take note!

Apr 9, 2011
oldage":1cebduhb said:
What a breath of fresh air, John Coleman manager of Accrington before Saturdays game talking about lack of finance.
"Its not about money its about pride,its how you assemble a team and whats inside the players and not what you pay them"
Well said that man,Adams take note!
Yes i noted that. Adams comments by comparison was like stating the bleedin obvious. People are saying Hallett will get rid of Adams but am not holding my breath on that. I did however notice & agree with Colemans comments regarding clubs with limited finances making progress, sad fact of modern day football