Adams out now | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out now

Apr 5, 2008
yes agree Adams should go whatever league we are in.

Can’t believe we played scunthorpe this time last year to guarantee a place in the play offs for the winner,now we play them with the winner probably staying in league one and the loser ,relegated.Hopeless :facepalm:

This is a genuine question which really puzzles me. If we put aside our passion for the club, anger at our current predicament, and take a long , cool, dispassionate look at DA’s record in Scotland and here, he’s had outstanding success by any measurement, right up until promotion to league one, at which point it all goes pear shaped. Why? Is it that his methods and judgement is only suited to the lowest leagues? Could it be that those same methods only work over the very short term? Been a DA fan through thick and thin, but feel his departure may be inevitable.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
moles40":2m22ma4o said:

Can’t believe we played scunthorpe this time last year to guarantee a place in the play offs for the winner,now we play them with the winner probably staying in league one and the loser ,relegated.Hopeless :facepalm:

I’d imagine Scunthorpe feel worse than us given they are currently below us in the table..

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
mervyn":jws9aiuh said:
This is a genuine question which really puzzles me. If we forget our passion for the club, anger at our current predicament, and take a long , cool, dispassionate look at DA’s record in Scotland and here, he’s had outstanding success by any measurement, right up until promotion to league one, at which point it all goes pear shaped. Why? Is it that his methods and judgement is only suited to the lowest leagues? Could it be that those same methods only work over the very short term? Been a DA fan through thick and thin, but feel his departure may be inevitable.

I’d argue DA’s 1st season in league 1 was successful. :scarf:

Feb 15, 2005
Against Barnsley I didn’t see much unity in the team, players geeing each other up or being particularly upset more a case of being content with how they were playing. It seemed they were convinced they were going to lose, there was an air of inevitability about the game and outcome. How do we manage to get 10k gates is beyond me, we must be mad to watch this rubbish..

JannerinCardiff":9tdrikz4 said:
mervyn":9tdrikz4 said:
This is a genuine question which really puzzles me. If we forget our passion for the club, anger at our current predicament, and take a long , cool, dispassionate look at DA’s record in Scotland and here, he’s had outstanding success by any measurement, right up until promotion to league one, at which point it all goes pear shaped. Why? Is it that his methods and judgement is only suited to the lowest leagues? Could it be that those same methods only work over the very short term? Been a DA fan through thick and thin, but feel his departure may be inevitable.

I agree that at the end of that season it looked OK, but put the two seasons together, and in retrospect it doesn’t look so positive.

S

Strathglass

This is actually Adam's first unsuccessful season period. With Ross County he took them up two divisions into the SPL and in two seasons there finished 5th and 7th which remain the clubs best ever finishes.Following his sacking the club went down the table and were relegated in season 2017/18.

Sep 6, 2006
Strathglass":3ggw89ax said:
This is actually Adam's first unsuccessful season period. With Ross County he took them up two divisions into the SPL and in two seasons there finished 5th and 7th which remain the clubs best ever finishes.Following his sacking the club went down the table and were relegated in season 2017/18.

He obviously had good assistants. Now he doesnt.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1wqsjls1 said:
moles40":1wqsjls1 said:

I’d imagine Scunthorpe feel worse than us given they are currently below us in the table..

They have an easier run in than us. They have to play us for a start. :facepalm:

May 1, 2011
JannerinCardiff":2a40vycj said:
mervyn":2a40vycj said:

Across 1 season for the 1st year up it undoubtedly was.

B

blackbeard

I know that will get plenty of flack for this but, I feel that Adams has taken to much on in regard to overseeing all of the players from the youngsters to the first team. However we do not have an experience enough coaches in Wotton and co to take care of training etc. If anything that has to change throughout the summer, is that we need to recruit another coach with more experience than we currently have.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":1j5yf05a said:
JannerinCardiff":1j5yf05a said:
moles40":1j5yf05a said:

They have an easier run in than us. They have to play us for a start. :facepalm:

Fair play, made me laugh that one Balham.. :thumbup:

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
pastyman":3e10gg8f said:
I know that will get plenty of flack for this but, I feel that Adams has taken to much on in regard to overseeing all of the players from the youngsters to the first team. However we do not have an experience enough coaches in Wotton and co to take care of training etc. If anything that has to change throughout the summer, is that we need to recruit another coach with more experience than we currently have.

I’d agree with that. :thumbup:

S

Strathglass

Balham_Green":3cp6h8x2 said:
Strathglass":3cp6h8x2 said:

Genuinely surprised at your assessment (and your confidence re assistants) but perhaps you could elaborate a little more on how you consider it obvious.

Sep 6, 2006
Strathglass":3vi848s5 said:
Balham_Green":3vi848s5 said:
Strathglass":3vi848s5 said:

Genuinely surprised at your assessment (and your confidence re assistants) but perhaps you could elaborate a little more on how you consider it obvious.

Its the only thing I can come up with on how he was successful previously. Its a mystery to me.
Just to add to your point they were relegated 2 or 3 years after he left and got promoted again tonight.