Adams out now | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out now

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
RochdaleGreen":2okcdthq said:
Just go Adams. Nobody likes you, at this moment in time, or indeed, at any f***ing Moment in Time.

Wrong. They do like him. Some people would hotly anticipate relegation so Adams can start building up his win ratio and they can tell us he's a genius again because he beats Morecambe. 45% win ratio in division 4 - we are not worthy oh Lord V Neck. Because you see he us more important than the club. Drink the Kool Aid

May 26, 2015
up_the_line":lajyxibh said:
RochdaleGreen":lajyxibh said:
Just go Adams. Nobody likes you, at this moment in time, or indeed, at any f***ing Moment in Time.

Wrong. They do like him. Some people would hotly anticipate relegation so Adams can start building up his win ratio and they can tell us he's a genius again because he beats Morecambe. 45% win ratio in division 4 - we are not worthy oh Lord V Neck. Because you see he us more important than the club. Drink the Kool Aid

Yeah, I guess that's all I can do at this moment in time, but i will never forget, or forgive, the harm that this cretin has caused to our beloved club.

I shall attend the funeral at Stanley, but thereafter I shall never attend again, unless and until we are back in the 2nd division.

May 16, 2016
RochdaleGreen":27cxjkku said:
up_the_line":27cxjkku said:
RochdaleGreen":27cxjkku said:

Yeah, I guess that's all I can do at this moment in time, but i will never forget, or forgive, the harm that this cretin has caused to our beloved club.

I shall attend the funeral at Stanley, but thereafter I shall never attend again, unless and until we are back in the 2nd division.

I've set my misery threshold to the 1st Division with the corners filled in.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I for one think Adams has been given too much responsibility by the club. I don't want my Manager worrying about hiring a chief scout. I don't what him worrying about how we can improve the youth academy. I don't want him budgeting for improvements to training facilities.

The manager has two jobs. 1. Building a squad. 2. Winning football matches. Everything else should be left to a Director of Football/Technical Director.

When Adams was just worrying about managing the football team on the pitch, we were doing pretty well. Should have never changed it. I wouldn't expect Pep Guardiola to be doing those things, let alone a League One football manager.

Adams has his flaws, this season has been a mess, but he is absolutely not the only problem at this football club and it all starts with a complete lack of direction at the top, whether it be Brent, Hallett or anyone else fault. It needs addressing immediately, with or without Derek Adams.

Mar 8, 2016
I canā€™t see him being at the club for another full season to be honest. Regardless the length of his contract. Too many fans seem to have lost faith, the media are on his case and the team he has put together are poo. Never usually a good combination.

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Quizmike":dg77tdtf said:
To think, we had the choice between Adams and Nathan Jones

To be fair tho Nathan Jones did have a proper budget.

Mar 14, 2009
Iā€™d love to see Adams go.

If we stay in league one it wonā€™t happen.

If we get relegated, lm 99% sure it wonā€™t happen because of the cost of sacking him (& coaching staff) and the board wanting to carry on this ā€œprojectā€ with Adams at the helm taking on all football responsibilities.

I also reckon if we get relegated, because of his promotion from L2 they will believe he is the best man for the task to get us back up the leagues.

For me, that might work but it will be very short sighted as he has proven over two seasons at L1 level he isnā€™t good enough.

Lgm

Mar 15, 2017
Surrey
I have stopped watching Argyle since the away match at Oxford and the home game against Burton. The brand of football Adams serves up is absolutely awful so vowed never to return until Adams and his backroom staff have all cleared off. I would love to be able to watch Argyle next season but I'm not very confident that there will be a change of management so my boycott will continue.

May 16, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":3r6uob2r said:

If we get relegated, lm 99% sure it wonā€™t happen because of the cost of sacking him (& coaching staff) and the board wanting to carry on this ā€œprojectā€ with Adams at the helm taking on all football responsibilities.

I also reckon if we get relegated, because of his promotion from L2 they will believe he is the best man for the task to get us back up the leagues.

For me, that might work but it will be very short sighted as he has proven over two seasons at L1 level he isnā€™t good enough.

Basically, we're stuck with him then. That I'm afraid is how I see events unfolding.

Stay up and he's pulled it out of the bag, go down and his previous experience will be deemed invaluable. His long term contract was mainly based on simplifying life for the Directors. A bit like paying a few Years Rent up front, it saved having to worry about one part of life for an extended period of time while you devoted your energy to other things.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Guiri Green":3dxc0qe9 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3dxc0qe9 said:

Basically, we're stuck with him then. That I'm afraid is how I see events unfolding.

Stay up and he's pulled it out of the bag, go down and his previous experience will be deemed invaluable. His long term contract was mainly based on simplifying life for the Directors. A bit like paying a few Years Rent up front, it saved having to worry about one part of life for an extended period of time while you devoted your energy to other things.

Do we know if there are any clauses in the contract. For a manager these days to get such a long deal without a get-out clause is very naĆÆve from the club. I hope the board were savvy enough to put some breakage clauses in there to protect themselves.

I'd backed Adams for a long time, admired his loyalty but now beginning to think he has taken us as far as he could. This season was his opportunity to show he could adapt after last year - seems things have regressed.

Even if no breakage clauses - I would imagine the pay-off wouldn't be the full value of his remaining contract and would only pay up until he found new employment. Still a cost we would rather avoid. How many of the current squad are under contract next season? Can we afford to sack a manager and assemble a complete new squad at the same time?

The Doctor

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Guiri Green":5t530d9a said:
His long term contract was mainly based on simplifying life for the Directors. A bit like paying a few Years Rent up front, it saved having to worry about one part of life for an extended period of time while you devoted your energy to other things.

I think this is absolutely spot on, added to which he must have agreed to do the job within whatever budget constraints that were specified on the understanding that he wouldn't give the Board excessive grief about lack of money (thereby taking the pressure off them).