Adams out now | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out now

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There would probably be clauses within the five year contract. Defined targets and performance related clauses and a set figure for a pay off if the club was relegated.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":229lbbzf said:
There would probably be clauses within the five year contract. Defined targets and performance related clauses and a set figure for a pay off if the club was relegated.

You'd think so but I kind of get the feeling that absolutely no-one in the club hierarchy ever thought they might be facing the situation where Derek Adams might lead an Argyle side to relegation and so this might well not be a scenario they have planned for.

May 16, 2016
The Doctor":2og5phr9 said:
PL2 3DQ":2og5phr9 said:

You'd think so but I kind of get the feeling that absolutely no-one in the club hierarchy ever thought they might be facing the situation where Derek Adams might lead an Argyle side to relegation and so this might well not be a scenario they have planned for.

I believe there would be certain Clauses or Breaches whereby they could dismiss him, but very much doubt they are linked to Targets or Performance Levels.

The Autonomy he was granted could well have been the clincher for such a long term commitment.

Nov 9, 2008
I do wonder if he is starting to lose the dressing room. Players out a few nights before a game, Ladapo with a sarcastic tweet this morning about ruling himself out, it doesn’t feel like manager and players being united

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
TPG Extreme":20ql5r0v said:
I do wonder if he is starting to lose the dressing room. Players out a few nights before a game, Ladapo with a sarcastic tweet this morning about ruling himself out, it doesn’t feel like manager and players being united

And we all know the outcome when that kind of disunity occurs. :sad:

May 1, 2011
JannerinCardiff":1wlm9xbg said:
Quizmike":1wlm9xbg said:
To think, we had the choice between Adams and Nathan Jones

To be fair tho Nathan Jones did have a proper budget.

He had 25 pros at the start of the season.

He signed 3 full backs and 3 centre backs, non of whom played yesterday.

This budget argument is a myth. We do not have a relegation budget.

Remember the ridiculous quote of 2 players for every position?

May 26, 2015
Bristol Rich":4i62ljxp said:
JannerinCardiff":4i62ljxp said:
Quizmike":4i62ljxp said:

Totally agree with you, Bristol Rich. I've been saying this all season. There is no player budget issue, rather the reverse; Adams has had too much to spend and waste.

So please don't anybody raise the budget issue ever again.

Mar 23, 2019
Adams brand of football was working well this time last season, when we had decent defenders like Bradley and Vyner at centre back. Their solid defending allowed the midfield to attack without having to always be thinking about tracking back. It very nearly got us to the playoffs. The defenders we have at the minute just aren't of that standard. Jones has shown he is better, but the damage has been done before he has had time to settle.

Oct 16, 2016
Nope, this time last year the team capitulated, again, at least I think that’s how it panned put

Mar 23, 2019
Shankster":axgrehwh said:
Nope, this time last year the team capitulated, again, at least I think that’s how it panned put

Yes looking at it now, we had a heavy defeat to Gillingham, and losses to Scunthorpe and Northampton, all away. Maybe im looking back at last season with green tinted glasses on because of the position we finished in. But i do think our defenders are sub standard for this league, which is causing us to leak goals.

Mar 23, 2008
RochdaleGreen":32qzvzo4 said:
Bristol Rich":32qzvzo4 said:
JannerinCardiff":32qzvzo4 said:
Quizmike":32qzvzo4 said:

Totally agree with you, Bristol Rich. I've been saying this all season. There is no player budget issue, rather the reverse; Adams has had too much to spend and waste.

So please don't anybody raise the budget issue ever again.
Totally agree, many of whom are senior pros at this level. There are clearly teams with greater budgets but clearly teams with far smaller budgets. At a guess our budget would be somewhere between 10th - 14th and if so we are punching well below our weight.

May 1, 2011
The rot set in with about 4/5 games to last season and it manifestly grew over the preseason resulting in a thrashing by Yeovil a week before the season started which too many Adams tints insisted was meaningless.

Apr 29, 2016
JannerinCardiff":nkd85hle said:
Quizmike":nkd85hle said:

Yes and since he's been at Stoke City he's got a win percentage of 15% less than Paul Lambert.

Aug 11, 2013
He’s made a lot of mistakes not least allowing Craig Brewster to leave. He’s got v little professional support - Wotton isn’t experienced enough to be second in command and neither is Nance.

He was badly let down by his recruitment team last summer .... that said ... on paper no one was complaining when the signings were coming in.

Had the 2 injury time goals not gone in this thread wouldn’t be here and we’d be looking towards next season.

It feels like very fine margins between success and failure in this division particularly as half the division isn’t far off being in our boat.

Sacking him now and letting Wotton take charge of the 2 biggest games in our recent history would be just barmy.

DA could do so much for fan/manager relations by showing a bit of contrition and admitting he doesn’t always get it right. That would be my advice to him. There’s no rapport at the mo.