Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Feb 2, 2007
Frank_Butcher":1bb0xvi8 said:
nick_PASTIE":1bb0xvi8 said:
Presumably these yobs contribute to the running of the club through the purchasing of tickets.

An interesting question would DA and the board rather they came to matches and spent their money or not? We are supposed to be a broadchurch community based club and that will include first class honours students. Doctors. Chefs, housewives, carers, oaps. Children, mentally well and mentally ill, disabled, transgender, gay, lesvians, bi, Tri, English, Scottish, Irish, all sorts of other nationalities, janners and yes even yobs.

I welcome them all, as we need the money. Yes people should behave within decent boundaries but when you have that type of melting pot and emotion of spending hard earned time and money as well as mental energy on something you love, things will spill over.

Surely Mr Adams can handle that and with his renumeration can get over it and rise above it?

So it's Ok to throw coins and DA should tolerate it because he earns a lot of money. Right :crazy:

No coins were thrown. Where did DA mention coins, where is the footage and if money was found could it be that the fans were have a whip round for a decent set of defenders?

Crazy.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
green eyed monster":3vy78cps said:
If you threw coins at him then yes, you are a Yob/Moron/Cretin/Idiot/Dick... I could go on

And yes we do have Yob's at this club, I see them every time I go to a home or away game

He's failing, I'm not one for screaming to get the manager out but I do feel it's getting close to the time where I think he's done as much as he can and a change might be our only chance of survival, but why does he deserve to be abused like this?

Whenever I have met him he's been polite and courteous, I'll not be abusing him

Agree with this.

Mar 14, 2009
If coins were thrown then that is unacceptable.

I do think though if these were the yobs Adams was referring to then he should have elaborated on the ā€œyobsā€ comment. We donā€™t need or want those type of fans at a football match.

However, it seems our manager has somewhat lost his sense of humour. He would take swipes at other clubs and l can remember people loving this. Now, the results are so bad it seems that his personality is to become more and more defensive when the boot is on the other foot.

His interviews have been strange many times we lost. He rarely couldnā€™t accept that we werenā€™t the better side. However, we were winning mostly and many would back him despite how his comments werenā€™t backed up by the stats of the game.

Fair play to those that continue to support Adams. I dare say he could improve us once again but the problem is having to watch us go a goal up and let other league 1/2 teams have the ball wondering if they can break us down. For me this type of football might be winning football if you have a decent team but for a lower league supporter Adams doesnā€™t understand there is no joy in the brand of football he serves up.

Come on Argyle, bring back the fun......

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Deacster":3uzh6et2 said:
To be fair we do, every club has BUT its not a diplomatic response is it? Pure arrogance and sums up the aura of invincibility and lack of accountability.

You've summed it up perfectly.

Adams has been given such a rediculously lengthy contract by the current regime - he's bulletproof. There's no accountability because he knows Argyle can't afford to sack him - and in turn pay him off.

I've never been one to berate Adams, largely because up until now he has over-achieved hugely against his given budget. This season is a bridge too far though. The players he has recruited have by and large been awful.

I'm a long-time Brent sceptic, but even given a poor budget in relation to our gates etc. the standard of player Adams has brought in has been woeful, particularly defensively where again today we were comically bad.

The only chink of light I can see is that under a Brent regime, I've no doubt whatsoever that Adams would never be sacked, and our Board would stand back and watch the team get relegated without attempting any pro-active decision making whatsoever.

Thank God 31st October is opon us shortly. Once Hallett is at the helm, someone who realises that a difficult decision (financially) may have to be made to give us a chance to avoid a relegation catastrophe, then I would hope conversations take place whereby Hallett either opts to back Adams big-time in the January window, or bites the bullet and bins him.

Either way, things can't carry on as they are.

Aug 12, 2018
Let's all give DA a break shall we. It's only two weeks since we got a point at high flying Barnsley. The real villain of this on-going circus is Brent and his refusal to stump up the money for some decent players. We are getting 8,000 x Ā£20 = Ā£160,000 x 23 = Ā£ 3,200,00 + pasties + bar + sponsorship + EFL money + cup games = Ā£4,000,000

SO WE HAVE Ā£4 MILLION TO GET A TEAM TO FINISH 5TH FROM BOTTOM OF LEAGUE ONE :banghead:

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Nice of the players to come and clap the fans/supporters at the BPE of the Lyndhurst after the match.

oh no they didn't did they.

Bless them.

Don't deserve their wages this week I think.

Including you Derek.

Feb 2, 2007
TruroTerry":2il5jvgb said:
Let's all give DA a break shall we. It's only two weeks since we got a point at high flying Barnsley. The real villain of this on-going circus is Brent and his refusal to stump up the money for some decent players. We are getting 8,000 x Ā£20 = Ā£160,000 x 23 = Ā£ 3,200,00 + pasties + bar + sponsorship + EFL money + cup games = Ā£4,000,000

SO WE HAVE Ā£4 MILLION TO GET A TEAM TO FINISH 5TH FROM BOTTOM OF LEAGUE ONE :banghead:

Not sure Ā£20 is the average ticket, many are children and season ticket holders. More like Ā£15 I reckon so nearer Ā£3M and most of that will be tied up in DAs salary, the management, players, running costs and Pilgrim Pete's hat.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
TruroTerry":b86uavqy said:

you have to take into account the huge wages that the directors and non executive post holders get paid.

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
Argyle has fans. Old/young. Rich/Poor. Loud/quiet. Sick/healthy. To almost all it matters. It really matters. We are not yobs and we pay our money ...easy or bloody difficult. We get peed, we shout, we cheer we boo. Very few in football management ever get it. :facepalm:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Steve Evans":qwtpn984 said:
TruroTerry":qwtpn984 said:

you have to take into account the huge wages that the directors and non executive post holders get paid.

I'm not sure if we're being wooshed here. Good old TruroTerry consistently posts pure drivel, but Steve now beats him!!

What ARE you on about Steve?

Apr 12, 2016
That Ā£4 million if it is even Ā£4 million will very quickly get eaten up by the costs of running a modern day football club. It ain't cheap....

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
Steve Evans":15h93ozd said:
TruroTerry":15h93ozd said:

Wow ...What are the figures ?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
IJN":1j1rhnca said:
Steve Evans":1j1rhnca said:
TruroTerry":1j1rhnca said:

I'm not sure if we're being wooshed here. Good old TruroTerry consistently posts pure drivel, but Steve now beats him!!

What ARE you on about Steve?

Sums up the how out of touch some of our fans are with reality. Unbelievable. :facepalm:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Not going Argyle until the new year

Very busy working weekends now as busy time of year in Retail

Hopefully things will have improved

All sounds very toxic at the moment

This Is NOT My Argyle

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
GreenArmy1984":22v1rb4k said:
Not going Argyle until the new year