Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
At the conclusion of pre-match warm up Mr Adams went in front of the Lyndhurst to talk to the fullbacks, no applause or only one Derek Adams as used to be, when he walked off with the squad he looked unhappy to say the least. I think his bad humour predated the chants at the end.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
PicassoPigeon":1n4gbcmt said:
Do you think his comments could be in relation to the coins that were thrown down in the tunnel corner?

Did that happen?

Would explain the ā€˜someā€™ yobs comment.

Although a lot of our delicate fans seem to have made their minds up that it was aimed at them.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Radio Devon

Minute 55. Or GOS will have the interview later.

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
Daz":1oet1egz said:
PicassoPigeon":1oet1egz said:
Do you think his comments could be in relation to the coins that were thrown down in the tunnel corner?

Did that happen?

Although a lot of our delicate fans seem to have made their minds up that it was aimed at them.

Coins were collected at the end, hopefully the club can review CCTV. Its absolutely shocking behaviour!

Jan 27, 2012
SOME Argyle supporters ARE yobs.

The things that people were shouting at the end of the match were well out of order. Presumably people on this forum dont go around shouting and swearing at people during their day-to-day lives ?

Fair enough shouting when then the match is in progress, and to an extent afterwards. But aggresive shouting and swearing at individuals leaving the pitch is not on. Bear in mind that these are real people with real lives.

Would you go up to individual players in the street, or in a supermarket, and start behaving like that ?

I'm disappointed Argyle have lost but its only a football game and there are other things happening in our lives.

Adams was quite right. Behave yourself FFS.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
PL2 3DQ":1zrevdjl said:
Radio Devon

Thanks Ian.

Iā€™m not sure that anyone in the cold light of day would disagree with what he says. This is not life and death folks, weā€™re a football club that we all love. He is obviously hurting because he cares, but Iā€™ve seen some of the abuse he has received and itā€™s not on.

Most on here would disagree with me, but I like him, heā€™s 100% in for the club and even if we were to go down Iā€™m sure we would bounce straight back up with him in charge (no Iā€™m not saying we should accept that!). Heā€™s got a cracking record with us and Iā€™d happily keep him even if were to go down. It hurts to lose I know, but it really is just a game of football so letā€™s leave out the ā€˜heā€™s lost the plotā€™ ā€˜heā€™s crazyā€™ ā€˜heā€™s at it againā€™ posts that imo go too far.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
PicassoPigeon":2pup9599 said:
Daz":2pup9599 said:
PicassoPigeon":2pup9599 said:

Did that happen?

Coins were collected at the end, hopefully the club can review CCTV. Its absolutely shocking behaviour!

Thanks.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
gaspargomez":35e4a7ht said:
SOME Argyle supporters ARE yobs.

The things that people were shouting at the end of the match were well out of order. Presumably people on this forum dont go around shouting and swearing at people during their day-to-day lives ?

Fair enough shouting when then the match is in progress, and to an extent afterwards. But aggresive shouting and swearing at individuals leaving the pitch is not on. Bear in mind that these are real people with real lives.

Would you go up to individual players in the street, or in a supermarket, and start behaving like that ?

I'm disappointed Argyle have lost but its only a football game and there are other things happening in our lives.

Adams was quite right. Behave yourself FFS.

Just posted along the same lines. Agree 100%.

May 16, 2016
PicassoPigeon":3egebb37 said:
Daz":3egebb37 said:
PicassoPigeon":3egebb37 said:

Did that happen?

Having coins and abuse thrown at you doesn't justify using the word 'Yobs' on the radio though. I hope the people who are now unable to buy a Costa after losing their small change, are offered reimbursement and some form of apology.

Aug 13, 2011
It's a natural reaction. The defence is condemnably bad. 3 free headers is feeble and bound to spark fury since it's happening constantly. This was the final straw. The drastic mistake in signing far inferior defenders in the close season, not comparable to those let go, is undermining us at every turn. It's sad there's anger but there's bound to be anger.

Mar 23, 2008
Daz":jtff93p2 said:
PL2 3DQ":jtff93p2 said:
Radio Devon

Thanks Ian.

Iā€™m not sure that anyone in the cold light of day would disagree with what he says. This is not life and death folks, weā€™re a football club that we all love. He is obviously hurting because he cares, but Iā€™ve seen some of the abuse he has received and itā€™s not on.

Most on here would disagree with me, but I like him, heā€™s 100% in for the club and even if we were to go down Iā€™m sure we would bounce straight back up with him in charge (no Iā€™m not saying we should accept that!). Heā€™s got a cracking record with us and Iā€™d happily keep him even if were to go down. It hurts to lose I know, but it really is just a game of football so letā€™s leave out the ā€˜heā€™s lost the plotā€™ ā€˜heā€™s crazyā€™ ā€˜heā€™s at it againā€™ posts that imo go too far.
No-one condones abuse but football is a unique business and managers are paid handsomely and always have their head above the parapet. Unfortunately the most telling part of your post is what happens when we go down, as that's where he's taking us. We spent too long in league 2 to suffer relegation due to poor management. The club comes first, not the manager and I wouldn't trust him to get us back up. I don't doubt his work ethic at all but do doubt his ability to sign and select players fit for purpose and his tactics.

Aug 2, 2011
Guiri Green":3sif44tw said:
PicassoPigeon":3sif44tw said:
Daz":3sif44tw said:
PicassoPigeon":3sif44tw said:

Did that happen?

Having coins and abuse thrown at you doesn't justify using the word 'Yobs' on the radio though. I hope the people who are now unable to buy a Costa after losing their small change, are offered reimbursement and some form of apology.

People who throw coins are yobs not only are they yobs they deserve to be called yobs. Disgusting behaviour. Boo by all means but throw metal coins at other people disgraceful. If identified they should be banned permanently.

Mar 8, 2016
Daz":w9m7jyx5 said:
PL2 3DQ":w9m7jyx5 said:
Radio Devon

Thanks Ian.

Even if we go down we will bounce straight back up? Whatā€™s wrong with some argyle fans, we shouldnā€™t be going down, thatā€™s the fudging point. Letā€™s just get relegated, it doesnā€™t matter because Adams has got us up before. Whereā€™s our ambition? Whereā€™s our fudging pride.