Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Aug 2, 2011
TruroTerry":29s55mnk said:
Let's all give DA a break shall we. It's only two weeks since we got a point at high flying Barnsley. The real villain of this on-going circus is Brent and his refusal to stump up the money for some decent players. We are getting 8,000 x £20 = £160,000 x 23 = £ 3,200,00 + pasties + bar + sponsorship + EFL money + cup games = £4,000,000

SO WE HAVE £4 MILLION TO GET A TEAM TO FINISH 5TH FROM BOTTOM OF LEAGUE ONE :banghead:

What a stupid comment.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
There were plenty of people hanging over the wall shouting and giving it the old Nescafé beans. He’s quite right that he and the team doesn’t deserve that.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
PlymOdi":3rs0sj8f said:
GreenArmy1984":3rs0sj8f said:
Not going Argyle until the new year

Very busy working weekends now as busy time of year in Retail

Hopefully things will have improved

All sounds very toxic at the moment

This Is NOT My Argyle

Very easy to sit and troll on the sidelines when you can't even be bothered to go watch it yourself.

Sorry I am a Busyman lol

Mar 21, 2013
PlymOdi":12ziqpe3 said:
GreenArmy1984":12ziqpe3 said:
Not going Argyle until the new year

Very busy working weekends now as busy time of year in Retail

Hopefully things will have improved

All sounds very toxic at the moment

This Is NOT My Argyle

Very easy to sit and troll on the sidelines when you can't even be bothered to go watch it yourself.

Not defending the guy with a lot that he posts but how is having a job & not getting the time off to go equate to not being bothered? I work in retail & we can’t have any Saturdays off or holiday during Nov & Dec, as an adult I accept that & deal with it. Unless you’re lucky not to have to work Saturdays, or don’t work at all (which I imagine is the case for some) then that is just life, football does not take precedent over earning a living.

Aug 12, 2018
If anything it's WAY more than £4 million. Our average gate is 9,000 X £20 = £180k X 23 = £4,140,000 + EFL solidarity payment of £650,00 = £4,790,000 + pasties + bar + sponsorship + club shop + cup games = well in excess of £5 MILLION.

Yes, I know it's back of a fag packet and there are overheads etc but it's not too far out is it.

May 8, 2011
TruroTerry":y8rqlt63 said:
If anything it's WAY more than £4 million. Our average gate is 9,000 X £20 = £180k X 23 = £4,140,000 + EFL solidarity payment of £650,00 = £4,790,000 + pasties + bar + sponsorship + club shop + cup games = well in excess of £5 MILLION.

Yes, I know it's back of a fag packet and there are overheads etc but it's not too far out is it.

You need to reduce all your figures by 20% for the Vat on ticket sales. Also of the average crowd, 5,500 are season holders where the adult price is about £16 a match.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
TruroTerry":11sdj4yf said:

Stewarding for all us yobs must cost a pretty penny though. If everyone just sat down, coughed up their cash and kept quiet we might save a few bob for a decent centre back by January!

B

Bonehead

djg145":1wisob27 said:
Daz":1wisob27 said:
Are you saying we don’t have ‘some’ yobs?

If you think we don’t you aren’t going to our games mate.

Mate , he was only giving his opinion mate. Why the aggression mate?

Chill mate , it’s only a game mate.

You’re out of order, he’s beaten you , in my eyes that’s check mate , mate.

LOL I hate it when people I do not know call me MATE.

As it happens, I go to every home match, okay.

Yes every club as its YOBS - but for a manager to go on the radio and say it is not going to get the Supporters behind him - is it.

Apr 12, 2016
TruroTerry":2mphlwup said:

Some 'overheads' for you....
Player’s wages
Staff (100+) wages
Don't forget VAT on gate money paid
Business rates
Electricity
Gas
Water
Policing bills
Maintenance
Hotel bills
Coach hire and associated travel costs
Equipment hire and purchase
gym hire
Agent’s fees
property insurance
medical insurance

Some costs that will all add up substantially over a season and I’m sure there are plenty others as well to add to that that will all tot up and not leave much at the end of it all from our gates.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":3b51hm65 said:
The reaction to Adams comments just underline how fans believe they can say or write whatever they like no matter how vile and venomous about players but that the players or management have no right of reply.
And when they do, out comes the ‘how outrageous’ etc...

The best right of response would be to play well and win games, Argyle have been very poor for a long time now and Adam's talk is cheap.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
Second home league game that Adams has criticised the fans for venting their feelings, yes coin throwing is not acceptable, but the team has never been so close to the home crowd for a few years now.

The management and playing staff are now getting to feel the true nature of the crowds disappointment the longer this run goes on. Whereas before they could just walk off from the halfway line not truly knowing.

As an aside we are almost the same position and points as this time last year. But the confidence is a lot less to recover.

Surprised the big white canvas tunnel has not arrived yet.

May 1, 2011
The Yobs comment is a Mourinho like tactic, make a controversial statement, possibly looking for sympathy and try and distract anyway from any justified and valid criticism.

Oct 24, 2013
The reaction to DA’s comments seem like classic ‘pearl clutching’ by some people. In my opinion, having just taken dogs abuse, some of it excessively vitriolic, he is absolutely entitled to call people on it. And for some on here to suggest that these comments cross some invisible, apparently entirely one sided line of respect is frankly laughable.

This is becoming a major problem in football these days though. Mouhrinho took an absolute pasting yesterday from fans to whom he delivered the most successful era in their history, whilst under the cloud of an FA charge due to swearing in a foreign language. Why should he sit there and take it? And why should DA?