Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Was close as the players left, more like yob, not yobs, who the steward did well with to deconflict arguments he started with fellow fans after letting Adams know his thoughts.

Many, as I did let the squad know it’s not acceptable, just not sure if it’s the players or the managers fault just yet ..

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
When he arrived I really liked him.

His interviews and comments to the media have increasingly begun to grate on me.

Some people loved how he used to wind up opposition fans and managers, I found it bizarre. At times I found it unprofessional.

I found it very rude he responded to a difficult question from Radio Devon with “We’ll continue to prove people wrong, and we’ll continue to prove you wrong” and then walking off.

Lately I haven’t liked the fact he has made comments which appear to contradict those from most other people who saw a game (claiming we were the better team when we have lost heavily).

I didn’t like the nature of his comments towards Dyson this week, they weren’t necessary and appeared very odd.

Today, after another substandard performance, he decides to call a section of the Green Army ‘yobs’ when asked about his position at the club.

I think this was very unwise and not a clever move at all.

From this point on Derek Adams will always have an incredibly difficult relationship with the fan base, even if he manages to string a couple of wins together.

Perhaps there is a discussion to be had about settling up his contract, because after today I can only see things becoming more and more sour between him and The Green Army.

Perhaps it would be better for Plymouth Argyle Football Club and better for Derek Adams if he were to leave.

C

CADMAN

Daz":2pqeowrp said:
PL2 3DQ":2pqeowrp said:
Radio Devon

Minute 55. Or GOS will have the interview later.

Thanks Ian.

I’m not sure that anyone in the cold light of day would disagree with what he says. This is not life and death folks, we’re a football club that we all love. He is obviously hurting because he cares, but I’ve seen some of the abuse he has received and it’s not on.

Most on here would disagree with me, but I like him, he’s 100% in for the club and even if we were to go down I’m sure we would bounce straight back up with him in charge (no I’m not saying we should accept that!). He’s got a cracking record with us and I’d happily keep him even if were to go down. It hurts to lose I know, but it really is just a game of football so let’s leave out the ‘he’s lost the plot’ ‘he’s crazy’ ‘he’s at it again’ posts that imo go too far.
Well I for one don't disagree with you Daz. He is still the man for me to turn us around.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Army green":3ul8xwff said:
Daz":3ul8xwff said:
PL2 3DQ":3ul8xwff said:
Radio Devon

Minute 55. Or GOS will have the interview later.

Thanks Ian.

I’m not sure that anyone in the cold light of day would disagree with what he says. This is not life and death folks, we’re a football club that we all love. He is obviously hurting because he cares, but I’ve seen some of the abuse he has received and it’s not on.

Most on here would disagree with me, but I like him, he’s 100% in for the club and even if we were to go down I’m sure we would bounce straight back up with him in charge (no I’m not saying we should accept that!). He’s got a cracking record with us and I’d happily keep him even if were to go down. It hurts to lose I know, but it really is just a game of football so let’s leave out the ‘he’s lost the plot’ ‘he’s crazy’ ‘he’s at it again’ posts that imo go too far.

Even if we go down we will bounce straight back up? What’s wrong with some argyle fans, we shouldn’t be going down, that’s the flipping point. Let’s just get relegated, it doesn’t matter because Adams has got us up before. Where’s our ambition? Where’s our flipping pride.

Ok Mr Angry, did you read where i said we shouldnt just accept it?

I obviously don’t have the same motivation to watching Argyle as most fans. I go as I watch my team play, see mates and take my son. If we win we’re all delighted, if we lose I’m annoyed for about an hour after and during the game I’m livid at how inept we can be.

That said, some of my best times watching Argyle were when we were in the worst place possible. Good friends still supporting even though we knew that the likelyhood was that we’d lose and we had an amazing time.

I know there’s no point discussing this with emotional people on here as we all have different opinions that won’t change. For me, though, championship (yes I’d prefer this), league 1 or league 2 it doesn’t matter. ATID.

Mar 23, 2008
Phil Sloggett":33wlsrky said:
When he arrived I really liked him.

His interviews and comments to the media have increasingly begun to grate on me.

Some people loved how he used to wind up opposition fans and managers, I found it bizarre. At times I found it unprofessional.

I found it very rude he responded to a difficult question from Radio Devon with “We’ll continue to prove people wrong, and we’ll continue to prove you wrong” and then walking off.

Lately I haven’t liked the fact he has made comments which appear to contradict those from most other people who saw a game (claiming we were the better team when we have lost heavily).

I didn’t like the nature of his comments towards Dyson this week, they weren’t necessary and appeared very odd.

Today, after another substandard performance, he decides to call a section of the Green Army ‘yobs’ when asked about his position at the club.

I think this was very unwise and not a clever move at all.

From this point on Derek Adams will always have an incredibly difficult relationship with the fan base, even if he manages to string a couple of wins together.

Perhaps there is a discussion to be had about settling up his contract, because after today I can only see things becoming more and more sour between him and The Green Army.

Perhaps it would be better for Plymouth Argyle Football Club and better for Derek Adams if he were to leave.
Exactly how I see it and well put.

Jan 30, 2017
He's not wrong - if you stray onto the #pafc hashtag on Twitter you'll see plenty of keyboard warriors saying things I'd wager they'd not have the courage to call him in person.

I, at this point, feel the club might need a new direction and generally find his responses in the media to be platitudes but he's not wrong in this case.

Nov 9, 2008
Those comments are quite frankly ridiculous. Should people be shouting abuse? No. Does Adams deserve automatic respect? Also no. He's putting a sub par team out there and has 7 points from 14 games this year. People pay a lot of money to follow Argyle, and will express their opinions after the game. Adams claims he's the second most successful Argyle manager of all time? He's won promotion from League Two and had a good first season in League One. With Argyle, that's not exactly anything special. He needs the fans to be on side rather than creating a further divide between those who want to express a negative reaction and the management team at the club. His arrogant attitude is doing him absolutely no favours at all.

Sep 6, 2006
ealinggreen":1fcjoc0i said:
I was leaving in that corner and more people were clapping than booing.I didn't see any coin throwing.

Clapping at what?!! Mark Pedlar said there were Adams out chants

May 1, 2011
gaspargomez":m6cawn74 said:
SOME Argyle supporters ARE yobs.

The things that people were shouting at the end of the match were well out of order. Presumably people on this forum dont go around shouting and swearing at people during their day-to-day lives ?

Fair enough shouting when then the match is in progress, and to an extent afterwards. But aggresive shouting and swearing at individuals leaving the pitch is not on. Bear in mind that these are real people with real lives.

Would you go up to individual players in the street, or in a supermarket, and start behaving like that ?

I'm disappointed Argyle have lost but its only a football game and there are other things happening in our lives.

Adams was quite right. Behave yourself FFS.

If you tell Adams the performance was an FFing disgrace that this isn't out of order, it's true in my opinion.

To pick up your point about if you saw the in a supermarket that is not in the correct context, as also if you saw them in a supermarket you wouldn't be cheering, applauding or chanting either. Tensions are high as we had just played and lost yet another game, people react differently in different scenarios or environments.

Yes of course there are other things happening in life but that is also a mute point, you can be angry at Argyle but still care about politics or the plight of the 3rd world.

Why I don't like Adam's response is that he gives the impression that he believes is immune to any criticism, He comes across as arrogant and the same could be said for Wotton. I'm not offended by it, but I think it shows why he is so unpopular with other fans and managers.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
If you threw coins at him then yes, you are a Yob/Moron/Cretin/Idiot/Dick... I could go on

And yes we do have Yob's at this club, I see them every time I go to a home or away game

He's failing, I'm not one for screaming to get the manager out but I do feel it's getting close to the time where I think he's done as much as he can and a change might be our only chance of survival, but why does he deserve to be abused like this?

Whenever I have met him he's been polite and courteous, I'll not be abusing him

Feb 2, 2007
Presumably these yobs contribute to the running of the club through the purchasing of tickets.

An interesting question would DA and the board rather they came to matches and spent their money or not? We are supposed to be a broadchurch community based club and that will include first class honours students. Doctors. Chefs, housewives, carers, oaps. Children, mentally well and mentally ill, disabled, transgender, gay, lesvians, bi, Tri, English, Scottish, Irish, all sorts of other nationalities, janners and yes even yobs.

I welcome them all, as we need the money. Yes people should behave within decent boundaries but when you have that type of melting pot and emotion of spending hard earned time and money as well as mental energy on something you love, things will spill over.

Surely Mr Adams can handle that and with his renumeration can get over it and rise above it?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":91k3mgex said:
ealinggreen":91k3mgex said:
I was leaving in that corner and more people were clapping than booing.I didn't see any coin throwing.

There was a 'We want Adams out' chant from a small section of the Demport after their 3rd but it was short lived. Didn't hear any other organised negative chanting. There was a mixture of clapping and abuse in the 'tunnel' area at the end.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
nick_PASTIE":2jowsxo5 said:
Presumably these yobs contribute to the running of the club through the purchasing of tickets.

An interesting question would DA and the board rather they came to matches and spent their money or not? We are supposed to be a broadchurch community based club and that will include first class honours students. Doctors. Chefs, housewives, carers, oaps. Children, mentally well and mentally ill, disabled, transgender, gay, lesvians, bi, Tri, English, Scottish, Irish, all sorts of other nationalities, janners and yes even yobs.

I welcome them all, as we need the money. Yes people should behave within decent boundaries but when you have that type of melting pot and emotion of spending hard earned time and money as well as mental energy on something you love, things will spill over.

Surely Mr Adams can handle that and with his renumeration can get over it and rise above it?

So it's Ok to throw coins and DA should tolerate it because he earns a lot of money. Right :crazy:

Feb 2, 2007
Frank_Butcher":3ci21mlb said:
Balham_Green":3ci21mlb said:
ealinggreen":3ci21mlb said:

There was a 'We want Adams out' chant from a small section of the Demport after their 3rd but it was short lived. Didn't hear any other organised negative chanting. There was a mixture of clapping and abuse in the 'tunnel' area at the end.

Footage on twitter would suggest our Manager is a fair flower. Has he not heard the George Reilly story? But we're hardly Old Firm down 'ere my lover.