Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Oct 24, 2010
I don't have a problem with his comments. It's clear he is only calling yobs those who abused him. If you can't take it don't give it,stop being precious.
Regarding his "cowards" comment I think he is asking the fanbase to show a bit of backbone, which wouldn't be a bad idea.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
esmer":yo9f9n1u said:
I don't have a problem with his comments. It's clear he is only calling yobs those who abused him. If you can't take it don't give it,stop being precious.
Regarding his "cowards" comment I think he is asking the fanbase to show a bit of backbone, which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Patronising much?? I think the fanbase has shown an immense amount of backbone, by still bothering to turn up in the numbers they do, in fact I think they deserve praise for remaining loyal to the club and actually I would find your comments a bit of a slap in the face if I was someone who still shelled out good money every week to be told by the likes of you that they don't have any 'backbone' because they have become more and more disgruntled with the way their team is being managed (I'm not as I have decided I'll pick and choose if I want to bother going whilst he's there so I suppose I'll have to accept your 'lack of backbone' slur).
I'd say it takes a degree of 'backbone' and commitment to the club to work hard all week and then, probably through gritted teeth, fork out for yourself and possibly your kids too in the near certain knowledge of another utterly demoralising afternoon. It's a good job for Mr Adams and his bank balance that so many people show the in the region show enough 'backbone' to still stump up his wages for him and travel from all corners to get to Home Park, despite Adams saying that they're all negative-ninnies who aren't on his cerebral plane of football thought - perhaps you think that they should be showing even more 'backbone' by sitting there numbly at the end of another wasted trip or better still clapping like a demented seal at any old guff Adams serves up.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If Adams wants the fans to come together and support the team then fair enough, but just say that, the problem is his comments over the last couple of days have pretty much guaranteed an even more toxic atmosphere tomorrow.

esmer":27tgtsk8 said:
Maybe by booing the manager the fanbase are asking him in their own way to get HIS team to show a bit more backbone.
Anyways, its his comparison of his pro footie team to a family and child that i dont get. Not that the players were
booed off anyway. It was just him.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I must say this quote has a touch of the Donald Rumsfelds:

Herald (er, Plymouth Live)

"I am not going to go any further, I have said what I have said after Saturday.

"I have said what I said and I have seen what I have said and I have heard what I have said.

"I can’t say everything that happened after the game and what I have said is probably enough at this moment in time."

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":32vk7t0o said:
If Adams wants the fans to come together and support the team then fair enough, but just say that, the problem is his comments over the last couple of days have pretty much guaranteed an even more toxic atmosphere tomorrow.

Why, I know his comments don’t refer to me so I’m not upset or angry by them.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It would have been far better to just rise above it and come out with a rallying call (like Carey & Sarcevic have), rather than throw insults at fans (regardless of what they've done).

I don't agree with the abuse, but I also don't think that DA should bite back, he's not a supporter, he's the manager of the football club.

His comments just aren't very helpful is what I'm basically saying

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":1ntugpy1 said:
HC Green":1ntugpy1 said:
Cobi Budge":1ntugpy1 said:

Why, I know his comments don’t refer to me so I’m not upset or angry by them.

It would have been far better to just rise above it and come out with a rallying call (like Carey & Sarcevic have), rather than throw insults at fans (regardless of what they've done).

I don't agree with the abuse, but I also don't think that DA should bite back, he's not a supporter, he's the manager of the football club.

His comments just aren't very helpful is what I'm basically saying.

Adams hasn’t insulted out the fans he has just called out some individuals’ yobbish behaviour, but of course players and managers aren’t allowed to answer back.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The manager & players are professionals & representatives of the football club, they're also responsible for what happens on the pitch, supporters aren't any of that. As I said, should just rise above it instead of heating things up even more.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I agree with Cobi.

There’s nothing especially evil about DA’s comments. It’s quite easy to argue that they are technically correct etc.

But they are simply not helpful. AT ALL. At least I can’t see how they are helpful, however accurate they might be.

Oct 14, 2015
I'm really surprised he used the term "yobbish behaviour" cause that's exactly how I would describe the way he acted against Chris Powell when Charlton came to Home Park and both got sent off. Was that not yobbish behaviour??? ...

Sep 28, 2003
London
The Doctor":135jshpr said:
I agree with Cobi.

There’s nothing especially evil about DA’s comments. It’s quite easy to argue that they are technically correct etc.

But they are simply not helpful. AT ALL. At least I can’t see how they are helpful, however accurate they might be.

Exactly this.

Adams is right in that people swearing at him and throwing things are yobs. That doesn't mean it was a good idea to say it in an interview - just look at the response since. It was an inflammatory word to use, and him being 100% correct doesn't change that.

It's just been another problem that we didn't need - and saying "it's fine, because I wasn't offended by it" is to grossly miss the point. Plenty of people have taken it the wrong way, but Adams gave them the opportunity to.

It's basic PR - sometimes it's far better to say nothing than to be right but cause a storm. Thankfully someone at Argyle understands this based on some of the stuff that's come out since from other people, Sarkevic etc.

If you disagree, ask yourself this - do you genuinely think Adams' comments have made things better or worse for our current situation?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Welwyn Pilgrim":1sa11ohz said:
I'm really surprised he used the term "yobbish behaviour" cause that's exactly how I would describe the way he acted against Chris Powell when Charlton came to Home Park and both got sent off. Was that not yobbish behaviour??? ...

Ahhhh but don't you know its one rule for us and another rule for DA.

C'mon that's a school boy error on your part and probably makes you a yob ?!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
samjones":3fef2nz5 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":3fef2nz5 said:

Ahhhh but don't you know its one rule for us and another rule for DA.

C'mon that's a school boy error on your part and probably makes you a yob ?!

I did think this.
And of course there was tge Bristol Rovers game when he enjoyed winding up the already hostile away fans.
If he wants to play those kind of games and be a wind up merchant then fine, but don't paint yourself as some sort of angelic figure who thinks confrontation is unnecessary

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Frank_Butcher":3teqja01 said:
I must say this quote has a touch of the Donald Rumsfelds:

Herald (er, Plymouth Live)

"I am not going to go any further, I have said what I have said after Saturday.

"I have said what I said and I have seen what I have said and I have heard what I have said.

"I can’t say everything that happened after the game and what I have said is probably enough at this moment in time."

DA is just like Harry Enfield's George Whitebread character :

"He says what he likes and he likes what he says"
v