Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":3noxnb0n said:
the_corkscrew":3noxnb0n said:
He can't quite bring himself to add a further direct insult to the list. It's a sort of coward's way of calling us cowards.

I read it as Plymouth Argyle is a family. If the family is going through a difficult time and instead of rallying around and coming to its he assistance you turn your back on it and walk away then that is the cowards way.

He is calling anybody who doesn't support him criticises him as a coward. It's not difficult to work out.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
As some one who is probably one of the 'yobs' Adams was referring too, I have no issue with what he said.

Mainly because I was here long before him and I'll be here long after him so I couldn't really careless that he didn't appreciate being told to "resign and keep walking". That's my opinion and if he doesn't like it tough, same as I don't agree with his opinion that he is the second best manager of all time and that we need him.

He's deflecting attention from his own failings - its a tactic and I get it.

Aug 5, 2015
I think there’s a difference between hurling abuse and hurling coins. Just as there is a difference between fact and fiction.

I’m not a great fan but be careful of what you wish for. Do we want a return to Kemp or Lawrence or Bingham and Stuttard not forgetting the fantastic Moncur to name but a few. Successful seasons are very rare at Home Park and we’ve just had a few relatively successful ones. There’s no guarantee that a change in manager will result in an improvement.

I think we have to put up with it and him and see where we are at the end of the season. That’s the appropriate time for a change of manager.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":348sp2bs said:
HC Green":348sp2bs said:
the_corkscrew":348sp2bs said:
He can't quite bring himself to add a further direct insult to the list. It's a sort of coward's way of calling us cowards.

I read it as Plymouth Argyle is a family. If the family is going through a difficult time and instead of rallying around and coming to its he assistance you turn your back on it and walk away then that is the cowards way.

He is calling anybody who doesn't support him criticises him as a coward. It's not difficult to work out.

Really? I'm not so sure, and I don't think you really believe that either.

He definitely needs help with communication skills though. Choice of words/phrases and an air of arrogance does him no favours whatsoever.

But I don't for one moment think he intended to either label all fans as 'yobs', nor as 'cowards'.

It's a 'stop digging' moment I think - and with a significant dose of hopefulness, let the football do the talking.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Andy Holland":rjdykce4 said:
If we lose again on Tuesday, Saturday will look like a walk in the park. It'll be genuinely poisonous at HP post game.

I don't think it will. There's still a sizeable proportion of fans who are 'content' to let him carry on in the blind faith that he will turn it around.

As I heard on Saturday "If he goes who else will we get, were plymouth Argyle, miles away from any where and have no money"

With that attitude we are sadly screwed.

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":2ngqla54 said:
Balham_Green":2ngqla54 said:
HC Green":2ngqla54 said:
the_corkscrew":2ngqla54 said:

Really? I'm not so sure, and I don't think you really believe that either.

He definitely needs help with communication skills though. Choice of words/phrases and an air of arrogance does him no favours whatsoever.

But I don't for one moment think he intended to either label all fans as 'yobs', nor as 'cowards'.

It's a 'stop digging' moment I think - and with a significant dose of hopefulness, let the football do the talking.

Obviously he is not outright going to call fans cowards but he is insuating that anybody who doesn't stick with the team and/or criticises him is a coward. If he had said people who throw coins are cowards then I would accept it.

Sep 6, 2006
Stuart House":2uz6uptq said:
Andy Holland":2uz6uptq said:
If we lose again on Tuesday, Saturday will look like a walk in the park. It'll be genuinely poisonous at HP post game.

I don't think it will. There's still a sizeable proportion of fans who are 'content' to let him carry on in the blind faith that he will turn it around.

As I heard on Saturday "If he goes who else will we get, were plymouth Argyle, miles away from any where and have no money"

I think the anger will soon dissipate in to resigned frustration, apathy and absenteeism. Crowds below 7000 may worry the Board.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":1ml49bdf said:
Stuart House":1ml49bdf said:
Andy Holland":1ml49bdf said:

I think the anger will soon dissipate in to resigned frustration, apathy and absenteeism. Crowds below 7000 may worry the Board.

:iagree: I won't be there on Tuesday(though they've got my ST money!) and many of the 'angry ones' won't be there.
If he loses he needs to go tbh, no way back unless he can totally change what is happening, I don't think he can. we hit a run last season that saved us but could he get us over that playoff line with careful 'management'? No, he couldn't. He'll never ever be my second favourite/best Argyle manager, he would have to win The World Cup to get fourth behind Luggy , Waiters and Ciderman.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Pogleswoody":pl0w2ps8 said:
He'll never ever be my second favourite/best Argyle manager, he would have to win The World Cup to get fourth behind Luggy , Waiters and Ciderman.

Pogles - did you forget Ellis in that list?

Oct 14, 2015
I didn’t witness any coin throwing and I’d be surprised and disappointed if it happened. Not only is it criminal it’s a damn right dangerous act that can cause life changing injuries...

May 1, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":kebxlnpu said:
I didn’t witness any coin throwing and I’d be surprised and disappointed if it happened. Not only is it criminal it’s a damn right dangerous act that can cause life changing injuries...

Surely no-one can reasonably disagree with this statement.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Was anything actually thrown by supporters at the end of the game on Saturday? A couple of fans on the internet suggested that night have happened and it seems to be discussed as a real possibility now (including being referenced in Herald articles).

If it did happen then I think the club would have issued a statement condemning such behaviour and stating that CCTV would be reviewed and banning orders would be issued to those responsible.

That hasn’t happened, so I think we can be fairly confident that no Argyle fans have been doing anything so moronic (thankfully).

I think the fans have ended up booing and jeering Derek Adams and (to a lesser extent) the team, which has upset the manager. He has decided to brand these fans ‘yobs’.

If coins were thrown at him then that needs to be addressed. If not, everyone (including the media) needs to stop talking about it.

Just read the herald interview where DA is comparing argyle to a family and people that
boo the family/children are cowards.
Argyle isnt a family ffs its a professional football club and hes a pro manager.
He gets well paid for it too.
If he was talking about the community side then fair enough but he aint.
Its all about winning and succeeding. Losing is tolerated to a degree but its not infinite
like it would be in a real family situation.
Where would PAFC be now if the kev hodges PAFC "family" had been allowed to continue,
or the johnny hore PAFC family. OR even the shezza PAFC family.
Luggy, ciderman and even DA himself would never have been appointed. Thats how managers
make it in the game because others are sacked. Same with players. Better ones replace lesser.
Thats life. Win games and your a legend. Lose too many and your a leg end.
Thats why we all wish managers and players good luck when they are appointed or signed.
He shpuld just get on and do his best managing and just talk footie after and nowt else.
Also i didnt notice any booing of the players. It was just DA that copped it.
He isnt the first one to cop it over the years, and wont be the last one either.