Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The 'family' thing is another import from the US. Companies over there use it a lot to create inclusivity among the rank and file - it doesn't perhaps translate as well in the more pragmatic culture that we enjoy. I'm sure he was just using it in the same way - trying to foster an inclusive 'we're all in it together' type spirit. But I sense these things don't come naturally to DA and the use of the word 'coward' undermined the attempt to build bridges - however, misinterpreted it may have been.

May 1, 2011
Fat_green_belly":140ujx7x said:
Just read the herald interview where DA is comparing argyle to a family and people that
boo the family/children are cowards.
Argyle isnt a family ffs its a professional football club and hes a pro manager.
He gets well paid for it too.
If he was talking about the community side then fair enough but he aint.
Its all about winning and succeeding. Losing is tolerated to a degree but its not infinite
like it would be in a real family situation.
Where would PAFC be now if the kev hodges PAFC "family" had been allowed to continue,
or the johnny hore PAFC family. OR even the shezza PAFC family.
Luggy, ciderman and even DA himself would never have been appointed. Thats how managers
make it in the game because others are sacked. Same with players. Better ones replace lesser.
Thats life. Win games and your a legend. Lose too many and your a leg end.
Thats why we all wish managers and players good luck when they are appointed or signed.
He shpuld just get on and do his best managing and just talk footie after and nowt else.
Also i didnt notice any booing of the players. It was just DA that copped it.
He isnt the first one to cop it over the years, and wont be the last one either.

Spot on and as Phil also said unless this coin throwing is proved or has any credible evidence it should be dismissed as imaginary. It was probably invented by Adams supporters to distract away from the real issues.

If were a family Adams wouldn't be in charge now.

Jan 6, 2004
Adams is making a complete fool out himself and making things worse with every new comment. Even leaving aside the shambles on the pitch, it is going to be very hard for him to come back from this. I even wonder, given he is an obviously intelligent bloke, whether he is purposely stirring things up (but not going so far as to be completely obvious) to get a deal from the Board to leave.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":1vknffzv said:
Fat_green_belly":1vknffzv said:
Just read the herald interview where DA is comparing argyle to a family and people that
Argyle isnt a family ffs its a professional football club and hes a pro manager.
Its all about winning and succeeding. Losing is tolerated to a degree but its not infinite
Where would PAFC be now if the kev hodges PAFC "family" had been allowed to continue,
Luggy, ciderman and even DA himself would never have been appointed. Thats how managers
make it in the game because others are sacked. Same with players. Better ones replace lesser.
Thats why we all wish managers and players good luck when they are appointed or signed.
He shpuld just get on and do his best managing and just talk footie after and nowt else.
He isnt the first one to cop it over the years, and wont be the last one either.

Spot on and as Phil also said unless this coin throwing is proved or has any credible evidence it should be dismissed as imaginary. It was probably invented by Adams supporters to distract away from the real issues.

if his family were doing so badly in real life Social Services would be involved.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Balham_Green":3sest837 said:
But Adams interview on the website makes things worse. He is now calling Argyle fans cowards and in effect putting some of the blame on the fans. Couldn't make it up!
The transcript is on the official club website. Given the present situation that phrasing is hardly the most sensible thing for the club to publish. Comments in the heat of the moment post-match interview are one thing. Criticizing your customer base, in writing, days later on the club's official website is quite another. Just don't do it.

Who's job is it to look at the draft and think 'maybe that's not the best thing to say right now'?

Whoever it is, they're not doing their job. Unprofessional.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Green_Flash":ik7565oh said:
Adams is making a complete fool out himself and making things worse with every new comment. Even leaving aside the shambles on the pitch, it is going to be very hard for him to come back from this. I even wonder, given he is an obviously intelligent bloke, whether he is purposely stirring things up (but not going so far as to be completely obvious) to get a deal from the Board to leave.

I don't think so. I just think he's really bad at comms and being poorly advised (if at all).

Jul 12, 2016
Quite apt that we are seen as part of the Adams family! We witness a horror show at every game and lurch from one crisis to the next.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":3uclm7ee said:
Bristol Rich":3uclm7ee said:
Fat_green_belly":3uclm7ee said:

if his family were doing so badly in real life Social Services would be involved.

He's only a Stepdaddy, my real Argyle parents are Dave Smith and Paula Sturrock. :nworthy:

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":68pkn0cc said:
Green_Flash":68pkn0cc said:

I don't think so. I just think he's really bad at comms and being poorly advised (if at all).

Not good to have a manager who cant communicate! I had always wondered how he motivated the players. Now I don't think he does!

C

Cult Of Personality

Yobs and now cowards.... In any other job you would be sacked for calling your investors ( which fans are by paying to come along to watch) that. For me he was a good manager but has been worked out by the other managers in the league and now it out of his depth. The fact he refuses to change his style or to adapt is the thing that really bugs me more then anything

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Cult Of Personality":2na7k3qp said:
Yobs and now cowards.... In any other job you would be sacked for calling your investors ( which fans are by paying to come along to watch) that. For me he was a good manager but has been worked out by the other managers in the league and now it out of his depth. The fact he refuses to change his style or to adapt is the thing that really bugs me more then anything

We want them to support their own. When you turn your back on your family, that’s a coward’s way out.

He's saying turning your back on your team when things get tough is cowardly. Again, not sure I see what's wrong with that statement, but i'm sure plenty of people will find reason to be outraged about it.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I think Adams should realise that some of us aren't turning their backs on the team per se, more him as an individual.
I've found it far easier to continue going through other, far worse spells (Hodges era / administration era). It's not the results as much as its Adams, his tactics, his over inflated ego and his increasingly contemptuous attitude towards the supporters and the region in general.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
up_the_line":3ri1wyr3 said:
I think Adams should realise that some of us aren't turning their backs on the team per se, more him as an individual.
I've found it far easier to continue going through other, far worse spells (Hodges era / administration era). It's not the results as much as its Adams, his tactics, his over inflated ego and his increasingly contemptuous attitude towards the supporters and the region in general.

If Adams really buys into this "family" line he's wheeling out, then i'm sure he considers it one in the same.