Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams calls supporters YOBS on Radio Devon

Aug 5, 2016
I'm sure everyone who has ever experienced irate strangers giving them hand gestures and calling them every name under the sun has handled it amicably and not reacted either.

If Adams had smiled and waved he'd have been castigated by some for being aloof and not hurting enough, that is the sad reality. Damned if he reacts, damned if he doesn't.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":1ktz0lnv said:
Cobi Budge":1ktz0lnv said:
If Adams wants the fans to come together and support the team then fair enough, but just say that, the problem is his comments over the last couple of days have pretty much guaranteed an even more toxic atmosphere tomorrow.

Why, I know his comments donā€™t refer to me so Iā€™m not upset or angry by them.

No because he knows your first name. He really takes notice of your opinions.

May 8, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":36xwupg8 said:
I'm really surprised he used the term "yobbish behaviour" cause that's exactly how I would describe the way he acted against Chris Powell when Charlton came to Home Park and both got sent off. Was that not yobbish behaviour??? ...

Why what did Adams do?

May 8, 2011
Bristol Rich":18czom17 said:
HC Green":18czom17 said:
Cobi Budge":18czom17 said:
If Adams wants the fans to come together and support the team then fair enough, but just say that, the problem is his comments over the last couple of days have pretty much guaranteed an even more toxic atmosphere tomorrow.

Why, I know his comments donā€™t refer to me so Iā€™m not upset or angry by them.

Very true.

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
HC Green":36hn12cj said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":36hn12cj said:
I'm really surprised he used the term "yobbish behaviour" cause that's exactly how I would describe the way he acted against Chris Powell when Charlton came to Home Park and both got sent off. Was that not yobbish behaviour??? ...

Why what did Adams do?

He is alleged to have said something quite derogatory about a Southend player. In the same way he alleges yobbish behaviour but is unwilling to give specific examples of things that were said.

He definitely did deliberately aggrevate Rovers fans who had already become violent towards stewards, sarcastically waving at them, an inane act given the fact the stewards were already handling a volatile situation. He's not totally clear of 'yobbish' behaviour or wind uppery

May 1, 2011
HC Green":1ty4yeg4 said:
Bristol Rich":1ty4yeg4 said:
HC Green":1ty4yeg4 said:
Cobi Budge":1ty4yeg4 said:

Very true.

The sad thing I think you actually believe this. When I was 14 I thought Kevin Hodges was actually listening to me not gently patronising me. You're an adult come on get real, also next time you seen him in town leave him alone. He deserves some peace rather than being harranged by people old enough to know better.

Oct 14, 2015
up_the_line":1g8t44hm said:
HC Green":1g8t44hm said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1g8t44hm said:

Why what did Adams do?

He is alleged to have said something quite derogatory about a Southend player. In the sane way he alleges yobbish behaviour but is unwilling to give specific examples of things that were said.

He definitely did deliberately aggregate Rovers fans who had already become violent towards stewards, sarcastically waving at them, an inane act given the fact the stewards were already handling a volatile situation. He's not totally clear of 'yobbish' behaviour or wind uppery

Come on HC Green ...your no stranger to these boards and you know exactly what he did to receive his two game game and as already pointed out by others his behaviour is not always one you'd expect from a professional football manager. He's guilty of winding up various away fans on one or two occasions himself and against Bristol Rovers for example that could've lead to serious consequences amongst supporters. You cannot call others yobs when on various occasions you act the same and considering his position as a football manager he's not setting the best example is he. I don't agree with any yobbish behaviour from anyone but if you can't take it then don't give it...

Lesley Somerville

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":2zdrijzy said:
Just imagine, your team has just lost with a few minutes to go, your job is on the line, you walk off and a few prats, just a few are calling you all sorts of stuff plus your team has let you down again.

Are you really (really) going to be level headed and cool?

FFS, have a go at the bloke for some things on the pitch if you want, but let's not pretend MOST of us would be spitting blood if we were him.

I appreciate what you're saying Ian but the mistake he's making, in my opinion, is not to take the fans with him on this 'journey'. We ARE all in this together and we know he's doing his best, whether or not that's good enough. But he has been poor at communicating his plan for improving performance and results, and he has often made comments about our play which simply don't ring true. He's a bit like Mrs May, comes across robotic, doesn't really say anything and uses the same phrases over and over (eg 'at this moment in time'). Not his fault that he feels out of his comfort zone and doing PR is not his main job, but it IS part of the job and maybe he could get some advice or help. I get the feeling that supporters really WANT to feel that we're in this together, I know I do. But he makes it hard, very hard.

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lesley Somerville":333b8s8v said:
IJN":333b8s8v said:
Just imagine, your team has just lost with a few minutes to go, your job is on the line, you walk off and a few prats, just a few are calling you all sorts of stuff plus your team has let you down again.

Are you really (really) going to be level headed and cool?

FFS, have a go at the bloke for some things on the pitch if you want, but let's not pretend MOST of us would be spitting blood if we were him.

I appreciate what you're saying Ian but the mistake he's making, in my opinion, is not to take the fans with him on this 'journey'. We ARE all in this together and we know he's doing his best, whether or not that's good enough. But he has been poor at communicating his plan for improving performance and results, and he has often made comments about our play which simply don't ring true. He's a bit like Mrs May, comes across robotic, doesn't really say anything and uses the same phrases over and over (eg 'at this moment in time'). Not his fault that he feels out of his comfort zone and doing PR is not his main job, but it IS part of the job and maybe he could get some advice or help. I get the feeling that supporters really WANT to feel that we're in this together, I know I do. But he makes it hard, very hard.
Not everyone. We could win the next 6 games and some would still want him out.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Can't believe this has got to 21 pages.

Does anybody disagree some of our fans are yobs?

He's bang on the money and it's nothing personal because all fans have them.

Yobs with an "N" I say.

Lesley Somerville

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
This was written in 2014 at the time of his dismissal from RC. I've been reading some of the stuff published at that time. To be honest it sounds very much like what we're experiencing now. But if DA is right about his ability as a manager, now is the time to show it and turn this ship around. I've no doubt he does have that faith in himself. Time to get the results he feels we deserve.

"Adams' character and personality has also come under scrutiny. Leaving aside what opposition fans think of the man I think his manner may have contributed to some of the problems County had last season and this. I've always thought that a sniping negative manager can set the wrong tone for a club and that positivity is important. You have to assume Adams' didn't say the same things to the players that he did to the press but there was often a negative feeling around the club. Adams obviously demanded high standards but part of that is dealing with failure and perhaps he didn't do that in a way that inspired his players. While I appreciate that some of the players carping about him on Twitter were binned by him, I've never seen former players rejoice over a managers sacking like that before, and I've also thought that some of the transfer dealings were a bit strange. Grant Munro started five games in a row last season and was then released to sign for Brora, the club captain? County went on to look very weak in central defence last seaon (and this). Munro is too much of a gent to say anything though."

Apr 29, 2016
I just hope that we donā€™t have all this nonsense tomorrow night for the players sake. We need to be concentrating on three points not having a dig at our manager during the game. Everybodyā€™s said their piece, now letā€™s get behind the win. It amazed me when ā€œwe get beat every weekā€ could be heard on Saturday far louder than any of the positive chants through the game.