48 points... | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

48 points...

Jan 23, 2024
After looking at Hulls next 2 fixtures, I'm not sure they will still be in contention for a play off place come the last game of the season. Away to Coventry may well be a win, as I suspect Coventry will be on a post FA cup semi-final defeat downer. But then they are home to Ipswich, who are still going to be fighting for the automatic slots, so I think a draw at best most likely there. They pretty much have to win both and have help from elsewhere to still be in with a shout come the last day. Maybe with a Leicester-like performance from the crowd and team we can sneak something from them.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
By a weird quirk of fate, should we draw our last two games and should Stoke lose their last two games we’d be above them in the table.
It’s just as possible we can get draws out of Millwall (a) and Hull (h) and Stoke lose to Southampton (a) and Bristol City (h). Even after losing to them yesterday.

Reactions: Nick Prideaux

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
After looking at Hulls next 2 fixtures, I'm not sure they will still be in contention for a play off place come the last game of the season. Away to Coventry may well be a win, as I suspect Coventry will be on a post FA cup semi-final defeat downer. But then they are home to Ipswich, who are still going to be fighting for the automatic slots, so I think a draw at best most likely there. They pretty much have to win both and have help from elsewhere to still be in with a shout come the last day. Maybe with a Leicester-like performance from the crowd and team we can sneak something from them.
I'm not sure it matters whether Hull have anything to play for tbh. Like others have said, I can't see us getting another point. We lack quality in midfield and our forwards have downed tools.

If Sheff Wed win today we're going through the trap door on the final day - again!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Over the last 10 seasons in the Championship 48 points has been enough to avoid relegation in seven of those seasons.

Apr 11, 2023
Let's see - I think it's going to down to the last game but at least still in our hands. The way we are playing we won't score (m)any and are unlikley to change the system now. At best a couple of draws or hold on like against Leicester.

Apr 2, 2024
And those Owls fans are not help if they turn on the team and get anxious.

I’d rather be in our position than theirs.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
It would be typical bleedy argyle to drop into the bottom 3 for the first time, on the last day of the season. So many permutations going through my head with all the remaining fixtures. Surely it’s not too much to ask for us to just win at millwall and be able to relax and enjoy the summer 🙏

Reactions: GreenEden
Apr 9, 2024
Yes, we scored early through David Smith but then gave away a couple of sloppy goals from corners to Speedie who completed his hat trick in the second half.

I'm still traumatised by it now, 32 years later! :ROFLMAO:
Yes, my first relegation. That hurt for weeks and weeks. On the train home, I remember my Dad saying it's okay we're still in the second division. My heart jumped, but then soon after he explain to me about the formation of the new Premier League and that the third tier would be renamed division 2! My heart sank...

Reactions: IPA

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Over the last 10 seasons in the Championship 48 points has been enough to avoid relegation in seven of those seasons.

The last three seasons we’ve had to go way above what is normally required, it’s incredible. 80 points and missing out on L1 play-offs, needing 97 points for L1 promotion, and now an unusually high points total to stay in the Championship.

Please can we just stay up and have a nice boring season next year, I can’t take much more of this :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Floyd Pepper
Apr 2, 2024
Yes, we scored early through David Smith but then gave away a couple of sloppy goals from corners to Speedie who completed his hat trick in the second half.

I'm still traumatised by it now, 32 years later! :ROFLMAO:
Maybe Blackburn can do is a favour today.

That was our first experience of opposition winning matches through obscene spending.