48 points... | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

48 points...

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I hope we can find one more big performance but at the moment I don't feel optimistic that our tired looking squad can deliver one. We need a Blackburn win over Wednesday otherwise I think Wednesday will stage an escape. Birmingham could scrape some points from Huddersfield away and Norwich home. I feel we are down to relying on other results it's never a comfortable place to be.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2015
This season is reminding me more and more of the 91/92 season when we replaced Kemp with Shilton 2/3 of the way through the season.

We picked up a few useful wins and went into the final day outside the relegation places but lost 3-1 at home to Blackburn in Dalglish's first season in charge and Oxford won away at a Tranmere side that were already on the beach to send us through the trap door. We really need our big players to stand up and be counted now (whether they plan to be here next season or not) to make sure it doesn't happen again.

With our GD I reckon 1 more point will probably be enough unless Wednesday win at Blackburn tomorrow which would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons.
Oh don't. Remember that game well for the wrong reasons. Wasn't it a speedy hat trick?

Yea the seasons have the same synergy

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Apr 2, 2024
Can't see us getting another point. Either us or Wednesday to go down with Huddersfield and Rotherham. Wednesday win today, I can't see us escaping the drop.
I bet you didn’t say that after the Leicester win.

I think 48 will turn out to be enough.

Neither Birmingham, Wednesday or Huddersfield score enough to win 2 more games.

Relax everyone!

Reactions: Hargyle
Sep 6, 2006
Can't see us getting another point. Either us or Wednesday to go down with Huddersfield and Rotherham. Wednesday win today, I can't see us escaping the drop.
Exactly my thoughts. win today and they should get 50. I think we'll lose to Hull and at best get a 0.0 at Millwall

Sep 6, 2006
I bet you didn’t say that after the Leicester win.

I think 48 will turn out to be enough.

Neither Birmingham, Wednesday or Huddersfield score enough to win 2 more games.

Relax everyone!
Well Birmingham play Huddersfield so someone likely to win there! Wednesday need 1 win only and 2 draws. Even if they don't win today can see them beating Sunderland last day.

Reactions: Greencat26

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
We all know that Wednesday are gonna win today. It's just the way our season has gone. They'll probably poke their way out of the relegation places on the final day of the season. Oh, I might just stop watching football y'know... 😢

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I have a very scary feeling that it will have to be if we are to survive..
We have only scored 5 goals in our last 10 league games.
I can't honestly see where our next goal will come from. The last 3 goals (spread over 4 games) have been:
Rotherham - Single piece of brilliance from Whittaker and fine individual finish from Mumba.
QPR - Own goal from a panicked defense.
Leicester - Brilliant individual finish from Bundu.
I don't think we create anything at all as a team, we just rely on individual flashes of brilliance.
I have the same feeling and have done for months. I was watching Rotherham QPR last night and both teams were attacking at will, creating chances and had dangerous players all over the park.

I look at us and we just don't have it. We're sloppy, lethargic and just lob the ball forward. The Leicester game was a great defensive performance, just glad Bundu pulled a goal out of nothing.

Reactions: Greencat26