48 points... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

48 points...

Dec 17, 2016
Given that Huddersfield play Ipswich in their final game of the season, it difficult to imagine them winning that, and most likely will lose it. So, I would like to see them beat Brum next Saturday. As even if they do this and draw against Ipswich, they would remain below us even if we lose our remaining games, due to our superior goal diff. Brum's goal diff. is much closer to ours, so I wouldn't want to see them beating Hudds. If we were to lose both our remaining games badly and they were to score lots against Hudds they could potentially end up with a superior goal diff. to ours.

Sep 12, 2023
Been saying for a few months 48 should keep us safe not changing my mind but will be squeaky bum time 😂

May 3, 2017
Oh I see what you mean, rather than him not wanting to play for us.
I agree unfortunately. He's been a great servant but I think it's clear of we stay up and we're going to compete we need to overhaul the squad
Edwards is contracted for next season isnt he? He will still have a part to play in the squad next season but I can’t see him starting many games. I hope he stays on in a coaching capacity after his contract finishes.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I hope he stays on in a coaching capacity after his contract finishes.

If I remember right that’s the plan for him when he signed the last deal with us

Reactions: James J
Sep 3, 2011
It's niggled me that Argyle haven't been in the bottom 3 yet, that's 44 games. There would be a massive summer hungover if Argyle dropped down into the bottom 3 on matchday 46. I actually think 48 is enough

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
This season is reminding me more and more of the 91/92 season when we replaced Kemp with Shilton 2/3 of the way through the season.

We picked up a few useful wins and went into the final day outside the relegation places but lost 3-1 at home to Blackburn in Dalglish's first season in charge and Oxford won away at a Tranmere side that were already on the beach to send us through the trap door. We really need our big players to stand up and be counted now (whether they plan to be here next season or not) to make sure it doesn't happen again.

With our GD I reckon 1 more point will probably be enough unless Wednesday win at Blackburn tomorrow which would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Reactions: Floyd Pepper

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I think 48 can be enough, but I think an extra point would seal the deal. The game tomorrow feels 50/50. I can see Birmingham doing their usual relegation escape act. Huddersfield can lose big one week, and win big the next. After the performance today I worry about getting that point, but thankfully even Argyle can pull the odd rabbit out of the hat. Grandstand finish I fear.

Jan 20, 2004
Well the game tomorrow has a big impact of course in regard to SW and the 'other' relegation spot but I cannot see Huddersfield beating Ipswich on final day so they might as well beat/draw to Birmingham to take points off them too.
If Ipswich are already promoted, they may well have the mother of all hang overs !