Retained list (Confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (Confirmed)

Nov 25, 2008
Puddletown
I guess we have a team if no one else signs then!

McCormick

Threlkeld, Bradley, Sokolik, Sawyer

Songo'o Fox

Jervis Sarcevic Blisset

Taylor

MIller sub!

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Tugboat":2nkf8eg9 said:
Miller? Really?

Depending on his contract both he and sawyer may be seen as back up full backs. Maybe DA will
Be in the market for a first choice RB but he is happy with GM as back-up? Also depends on where Oscar plays. DA may see him and GM as his RB slots sorted. If so, we can't have too many complaints.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Best of luck to all those released and thanks for the efforts in getting us up.

Adams really is ruthless but needs to be in order to use his budget. Hard for some of the players but no huge surprises in there.

Look forward to seeing who comes in now and hope Carey will be in green again next season.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Adam_R":jx312qcn said:
Tugboat":jx312qcn said:
Miller? Really?

Depending on his contract both he and sawyer may be seen as back up full backs. Maybe DA will
Be in the market for a first choice RB but he is happy with GM as back-up? Also depends on where Oscar plays. DA may see him and GM as his RB slots sorted. If so, we can't have too many complaints.

Agreed. For me Luke, Oscar, Sonny, Fox, Sarcevic, Jervis and Taylor should be starters. The rest back up. Leaves a CB, LB, CM and LM to fill the rest of the first XI, and some back ups (especially midfield and attack). Hopefully Carey will be the CM. Trust Adams to have irons in the fire for the rest given how many have been released.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
No surprises, although I thought Smith would be offered a deal and after two years sitting on the bench Dorel might have thought it's about time he started playing football again.

Even without Carey that's a good squad of players to add to during the summer. Jervis and Sawyer arrived at the same time as Carey so it appears they have accepted a new contract and Carey has refused which looks like he's either off or waiting for a better offer from Argyle.

It's such a shame when a promotion winning squad is broken up. Thanks for getting us up! :clap:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Would like to see a combative DCM brought in alongside Fox. Someone to sit and mop up the pieces and then let Fox move the team up the pitch. Mentioned before but a McHugh type character.

If we go 4-2-3-1 again then I would rather someone else doing that role than Songo'o who could provide backup in defence and midfield

Feb 2, 2007
Nothing too unexpected- Carey's decision will be the pivotal one. Hope Miller is a player that flourishes at a higher level and that Songo'o spends the Summer working on his distribution. Otherwise, it's a solid nucleus.

Good luck to all departing, especially Brunt, who's injury cost us auto promo last year and Spencer, who much maligned, but not many Argyle players would have featured in a higher win % than him I would imagine!

Feb 28, 2016
Really pleased to see Marc McCallum offered a new deal always thought he looked better then Dorel and was surprised he was third choice.

Most saddened to see Louis Rooney released.

Jul 6, 2011
Letting Louis Rooney go is not something I would do, but I guess I'm not the manager.
He has certainly proven he's able to step up and score goals if handed the opportunity, but once again he wasn't given the opportunity. I wonder if Alex Fletcher is given the same amount of opportunities he will be considered not good enough as well.

May 16, 2016
Not surprised about Brunt and to an extent, Rooney. Thought Slew might have been offered something.

Good for the Players and Management to be able to crack on with it without the playoffs delays. Good core of players to help continuity.

Thanks to those going. Thanks to those electing to stay. Thanks to those that have already decided on the take up of new contracts.

Aug 7, 2010
Is it possible Brunt has been released from his contract but could be allowed to train in pre-season for us where he might be offered a new contract if up to standard? Or have we definitely seen the last of him? Seem's odd paying his wages for a year then not even giving him a chance

Sep 25, 2010
Adam_R":dvxsdvpf said:
Would like to see a combative DCM brought in alongside Fox. Someone to sit and mop up the pieces and then let Fox move the team up the pitch. Mentioned before but a McHugh type character.

If we go 4-2-3-1 again then I would rather someone else doing that role than Songo'o who could provide backup in defence and midfield

We have one in Sarcevic

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Just about right for me. Smith, Rooney, Miller, Brunt and Slew could have gone either way.