Retained list (Confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (Confirmed)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
My guess would be that Dorel, Slew, Ijaha, Bulvitis, Donaldson and Spencer will all be released. Tanner & Garita won't be back.

Personally, I would also let Smith & Miller go but think they'll be retained. Brunt to be give pre-season to prove his fitness.

Although I've seen rumours now of Jervis going, which is not what I like to hear!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Nobby":1p9ntwdr said:
My guess would be that Dorel, Slew, Ijaha, Bulvitis, Donaldson and Spencer will all be released. Tanner & Garita won't be back.

Personally, I would also let Smith & Miller go but think they'll be retained. Brunt to be give pre-season to prove his fitness.

Although I've seen rumours now of Jervis going, which is not what I like to hear!
I'd agree with most of them although I'd also add Rooney and McCallum to the list too. I think Jervis and Slew will be given an offer.

Aug 5, 2016
chunkymonkey78":216iu8sc said:
If DA lets too many players go then the balance of the squad could be upset, these are players that have spent nearly all of the season in the promotion places, have spent countless hours travelling the country together and have got the job done first time of asking.

Surely they deserve a chance to continue that momentum?

They said that last season....

Aug 5, 2016
Princerock":2goswsqb said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2goswsqb said:
I have to agree about Garita....he's a nuisance player because he brings something different but League 1 standard? Not in my opinion. Kennedy? Doesn't do enough in games for me, drifts in and out but I'm sure there's a very good player in there and if we were sign him permanently instead of on loan we may see more off the ability he has..I also think Miller will stay as DA is clearly a big fan...we shall see very soon..

Keep Kennedy from cutting in field from the left wing and bending the ball around the keeper and you have nullified his usefulness and that will happen more in Div1 than it has in Div2.....he's got to have more than just one trick to get playing time at Cardiff.

If you stop any striker bending their curled finishes around the keeper then you will stop them from scoring, easier said than done mind.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":15sqeon1 said:
Dorel released ahead of McCallum?

We should know tomorrow.

We need three keepers. McCallum seemed quite content being third choice and he's still young. May as well keep him as a cheap option and sign another backup.

Feb 23, 2008
Knibbsworth":tz472wpd said:
chunkymonkey78":tz472wpd said:
If DA lets too many players go then the balance of the squad could be upset, these are players that have spent nearly all of the season in the promotion places, have spent countless hours travelling the country together and have got the job done first time of asking.

Surely they deserve a chance to continue that momentum?

They said that last season....

Difference being this is DA's squad now and they've got the job done.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Knibbsworth":17dlnh91 said:
Princerock":17dlnh91 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":17dlnh91 said:
I have to agree about Garita....he's a nuisance player because he brings something different but League 1 standard? Not in my opinion. Kennedy? Doesn't do enough in games for me, drifts in and out but I'm sure there's a very good player in there and if we were sign him permanently instead of on loan we may see more off the ability he has..I also think Miller will stay as DA is clearly a big fan...we shall see very soon..

Keep Kennedy from cutting in field from the left wing and bending the ball around the keeper and you have nullified his usefulness and that will happen more in Div1 than it has in Div2.....he's got to have more than just one trick to get playing time at Cardiff.

If you stop any striker bending their curled finishes around the keeper then you will stop them from scoring, easier said than done mind.

Just keep him off his right foot......keep him on the wide left into the corner.

Nov 2, 2004
Adams has a long established reputation for large pre season squad changes.I suspect this year will be no different.I am sure he will be keen to retain Cary,Luke,Threlkeld,Taylor,Blisset,Jervis,Bradley and Songoo,beyond that anything could happen.It would not shock me to see 10 -12 new players,it is the way he works.Those suggesting that this is a settled and decent side,Adams had several of those at Ross County but still made wholesale changes every year.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I understand about Kennedy drifting in and out of games but having a "threat" like him must only benefit Carey and Taylor as defenders attention is elsewhere.

Also, the cutting inside would not be so much of an issue if we have an overlapping full back who can exploit the space he leaves having dragged the RB inside.

Much rather have a Kennedy than a Wylde.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
ealinggreen":3g2sl1on said:
Adams has a long established reputation for large pre season squad changes.I suspect this year will be no different.I am sure he will be keen to retain Cary,Luke,Threlkeld,Taylor,Blisset,Jervis,Bradley and Songoo,beyond that anything could happen.It would not shock me to see 10 -12 new players,it is the way he works.Those suggesting that this is a settled and decent side,Adams had several of those at Ross County but still made wholesale changes every year.

Indeed, and DA is quoted as saying that regular change (every six months) is the recipe for being successful.

Feb 23, 2008
Wasn't that to do with keeping the wage budget down because they were a small club and it benefited the youth system?

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Nobby":kvkqi5wy said:

Although I've seen rumours now of Jervis going, which is not what I like to hear
!

Was telling fans at the Grimsby game that he had triggered a year extension so would be back with us next year