Retained list (Confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (Confirmed)

Sep 6, 2006
Princerock":2j1r952q said:
Knibbsworth":2j1r952q said:
Princerock":2j1r952q said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2j1r952q said:
I have to agree about Garita....he's a nuisance player because he brings something different but League 1 standard? Not in my opinion. Kennedy? Doesn't do enough in games for me, drifts in and out but I'm sure there's a very good player in there and if we were sign him permanently instead of on loan we may see more off the ability he has..I also think Miller will stay as DA is clearly a big fan...we shall see very soon..

Keep Kennedy from cutting in field from the left wing and bending the ball around the keeper and you have nullified his usefulness and that will happen more in Div1 than it has in Div2.....he's got to have more than just one trick to get playing time at Cardiff.

If you stop any striker bending their curled finishes around the keeper then you will stop them from scoring, easier said than done mind.

Just keep him off his right foot......keep him on the wide left into the corner.

Yes its not that difficult. Some wingers can actually beat a man and get a cross in too. Didn't see him do that too often - watching mainly away games. We do need a winger but not him.

Nov 16, 2006
Balham_Green":96hodux6 said:
Princerock":96hodux6 said:
Knibbsworth":96hodux6 said:
Princerock":96hodux6 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":96hodux6 said:
I have to agree about Garita....he's a nuisance player because he brings something different but League 1 standard? Not in my opinion. Kennedy? Doesn't do enough in games for me, drifts in and out but I'm sure there's a very good player in there and if we were sign him permanently instead of on loan we may see more off the ability he has..I also think Miller will stay as DA is clearly a big fan...we shall see very soon..

Keep Kennedy from cutting in field from the left wing and bending the ball around the keeper and you have nullified his usefulness and that will happen more in Div1 than it has in Div2.....he's got to have more than just one trick to get playing time at Cardiff.

If you stop any striker bending their curled finishes around the keeper then you will stop them from scoring, easier said than done mind.

Just keep him off his right foot......keep him on the wide left into the corner.

Yes its not that difficult. Some wingers can actually beat a man and get a cross in too. Didn't see him do that too often - watching mainly away games. We do need a winger but not him.

If that's what Adams wanted from him, could we not just play him on the right?

Sep 6, 2006
The Doctor":1b2bycuj said:
ealinggreen":1b2bycuj said:
Adams has a long established reputation for large pre season squad changes.I suspect this year will be no different.I am sure he will be keen to retain Cary,Luke,Threlkeld,Taylor,Blisset,Jervis,Bradley and Songoo,beyond that anything could happen.It would not shock me to see 10 -12 new players,it is the way he works.Those suggesting that this is a settled and decent side,Adams had several of those at Ross County but still made wholesale changes every year.

Indeed, and DA is quoted as saying that regular change (every six months) is the recipe for being successful.

There is a very good team spirit which is worth a 10 point start. I would be surprised if he broke that up and started all over again. Main reason he did so last Summer was he inherited a lot of players he didn't like.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I've been to every home game since Kennedy signed and almost every away game, I haven't seen enough from from him to warrant some of the rave reviews he gets on here. He can be a good player on his day, but he's quite easy to nullify, show him onto his left foot and he's out of the game, needs to add more strings to his bow. I wouldn't be disappointed if he returned, but at the same time, I think we can do better.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":3dmi56yb said:
I've been to every home game since Kennedy signed and almost every away game, I haven't seen enough from from him to warrant some of the rave reviews he gets on here. He can be a good player on his day, but he's quite easy to nullify, show him onto his left foot and he's out of the game, needs to add more strings to his bow. I wouldn't be disappointed if he returned, but at the same time, I think we can do better.

Blimey I agree with Cobi. Need to lie down.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cobi Budge":14s6vvkr said:

Tend to agree with you a little on this Cobi. Saying that, I do thing there is a player in there. Just needs to be more consistent.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 12494.aspx

RETAINED LIST

Under contract: Nathan Blissett, Luke McCormick, Antoni Sarcevic, Ryan Taylor.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Graham Carey, Mark McCallum, Gary Sawyer.

Option to extend contract taken up: Sonny Bradley, David Fox, Jake Jervis, Gary Miller, Jakub Sokolik, Yann Songo’o, Oscar Threlkeld,

Out of contract, released: Ryan Brunt, Nauris Bulvitis, Jack Calver, Ryan Donaldson, Vincent Dorel, David Ijaha, Ryan Lane, Billy Palfrey, Louis Rooney, Jordan Slew, Connor Smith, Jimmy Spencer, Ben Steer,

Loan expired: Arnie Garita, Matt Kennedy, Craig Tanner.

Apprentices offered professional contract: Jordan Bentley, Alex Fletcher, Callum Rose.

Apprentices offered professional development contracts*: Alex Battle, Dan Rooney, Aaron Taylor.

Apprentices released: Connor McAuley, Josh Richards.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Gutted about Brunt not being given a chance to prove his fitness. Otherwise, it's as expected. I too am a little surprised that Smith was not offered a deal and Miller was...

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wow.

Absolutely no sentiment there.

Cleared out a lot of dead wood.

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
No huge surprises for me. Thought Conor Smith would have been a more influential signing but had little impact really. Brunt had a good run just before his injury but very much doubt he'd be much of a force in League 1. Sensible decisions all round I think.sounds like Sawyer has already decided to stay. Let's hope Carey signs but let's not break the bank for him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Miller? Really?

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Bit a surprise with Smith and Brunt being released ,shame about Rooney who I feel will a success like Vassell has been with Luton.
In Adams I trust and wish all the players leaking Home Park all the best and thanks for the part they have played in getting Argyle out of this league. COYG

Mar 8, 2016
Would have been good to see brunt given the chance of proving his fitness then maybe offering him a contract, suprised to see smith being released. good to see Jake Jervis is staying, I thought his contract was up. Let's see what Carey decides to do now, although I think deep down we all know he's going. Looking forward to seeing who Derek brings in. 28/1 for the league one title as it stands. Let's have it.