Retained list (Confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (Confirmed)

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Balham_Green":pb2tslnv said:
According to Errington there is little chance of Tanner, Kennedy or Garita being offered contracts. Don't know how he knows this but if so I think its the correct decision. None of them offer enough for me consistently. Tanner probably the best but I think we can do better. He struggled sometimes in League 2 so it will only get more difficult. I would also cast adrift Slew, Miller, Spencer, Smith and Donaldson. Am undecided re Jervis and Bulvitis but I think the latter will go.

I'd be tempted by Tanner, Smith & Garita on the same basis as I would Songo'o. Explain to them they have to fight for a spot, and offer average wages. Squad players. Both look like they have something to offer, and with the desire to work for it I'd give them a shot. If they don't take the offer, so be it. (Assuming Tanner/Garita are out of contract at parent clubs, I wouldn't put a bid in for either.)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Be interesting to see what we do with Dorel/McCallum, as fans we've seen barely anything of them and have no real idea about how good they are.

Jan 27, 2012
Balham_Green":2f3qpqvj said:
According to Errington there is little chance of Tanner, Kennedy or Garita being offered contracts. Don't know how he knows this but if so I think its the correct decision. None of them offer enough for me consistently. Tanner probably the best but I think we can do better. He struggled sometimes in League 2 so it will only get more difficult. I would also cast adrift Slew, Miller, Spencer, Smith and Donaldson. Am undecided re Jervis and Bulvitis but I think the latter will go.

Kennedy is DEFINITELY good enough- its probably more an issue of Argyle not being able to afford him or Cardiff wanting to keep him.

Garita is a mystery. It looks like he has potential despite his injuries and mixed performances. If they can get him on cheap wages then he's worth a risk I should think. People forget how young he is.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I really hope that Ryan Brunt is on the retained list, assuming that, by August, he will be fit to start training with the rest of the squad.

Sep 6, 2006
gaspargomez":2wk9wej4 said:
Balham_Green":2wk9wej4 said:

Kennedy is DEFINITELY good enough- its probably more an issue of Argyle not being able to afford him or Cardiff wanting to keep him.

Garita is a mystery. It looks like he has potential despite his injuries and mixed performances. If they can get him on cheap wages then he's worth a risk I should think. People forget how young he is.

Isn't Garita 21 or 22? Not THAT young. Doesn't seem to have a football brain to me. Also he doesn't seem to be able to jump judging by the evidence at Colchester! And his finishing is shocking. I've not been convinced by Kennedy when I've seen him. Regularly disappears from games.

Oct 14, 2015
I have to agree about Garita....he's a nuisance player because he brings something different but League 1 standard? Not in my opinion. Kennedy? Doesn't do enough in games for me, drifts in and out but I'm sure there's a very good player in there and if we were sign him permanently instead of on loan we may see more off the ability he has..I also think Miller will stay as DA is clearly a big fan...we shall see very soon..

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Rather thanot whether he is good enough I'd be more concerned about Garita's fitness record.

With Kennedy I'd say he may well reappear on a season long loan once he's done his pre-season with Cardiff, possibly after the friendly.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":1hx3c2ms said:
Rather thanot whether he is good enough I'd be more concerned about Garita's fitness record.

With Kennedy I'd say he may well reappear on a season long loan once he's done his pre-season with Cardiff, possibly after the friendly.
Good shout. Can see that happening.

N

newquaygreen

Much as Luke is a Argyle legend we need a good back-up GK, it worked well when we had Larrieu

Jun 2, 2016
Can't see us ripping up the squad and starting from next to zero again like last Summer. Going to be evolution rather than revolution and some players who are out of favour like Miller, Slew, Smith will be retained as squad players at least. DA likes players who know his style and he'll remain loyal to them.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":1300rklh said:
I have to agree about Garita....he's a nuisance player because he brings something different but League 1 standard? Not in my opinion. Kennedy? Doesn't do enough in games for me, drifts in and out but I'm sure there's a very good player in there and if we were sign him permanently instead of on loan we may see more off the ability he has..I also think Miller will stay as DA is clearly a big fan...we shall see very soon..

Keep Kennedy from cutting in field from the left wing and bending the ball around the keeper and you have nullified his usefulness and that will happen more in Div1 than it has in Div2.....he's got to have more than just one trick to get playing time at Cardiff.

Mar 14, 2009
At some point we have to honest and say are some good enough for the step up.

It's ok with one or two players like a Sawyer, but if the majority are re-signed like your Miller's and Donaldson's l'd be a little surprised and concerned. For whilst lm not expecting a promotion season l just don't think some are good enough for helping to keep Argyle around mid-table next season.

Kennedy is another that has the talent but goes missing in too many games and wouldn't effect enough games in league 1 l feel. Would be nice to start taking players who do well at other clubs, maybe at league two level.

Feb 23, 2008
If DA lets too many players go then the balance of the squad could be upset, these are players that have spent nearly all of the season in the promotion places, have spent countless hours travelling the country together and have got the job done first time of asking.

Surely they deserve a chance to continue that momentum?

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I think Derek Adams has performed a minor miracle with a squad containing only a small number of stand-out players. It depends what his budget will allow, but I would have thought he will need goal keeping cover, two full backs, a central defender, a holding midfield player, cover at least for Graham Carey and possibly two strikers.