Next season's squad (merged x 9) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next season's squad (merged x 9)

B

Benji Bojan32

Can we keep hold of our gems? Carey/Threlkeld/Bradley. They have gained the promotion, I think they want to stay but if higher offerings come in.

M

Minigreen

Personally, I don't think we will have any problems keeping Oscar, Sonny or Graham. I would like to see us sign Tanner, I think his contract is up wih Reading this summer.

Jun 24, 2011
Hopefully we can keep a lot of the squad together. Think we have the makings of a decent League One team already. Strong potential starters in McCormick, Threlkeld, Bradley, Jervis, Fox, Sarcevic, Carey, Taylor. Decent squad fillers in Sonogo, Sawyer, Smith, Brunt (if fit).

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Agree with Somerset_Pilgrim. Also wonder whether being further up the ladder may facilitate a return for Kennedy even until Christmas so Cardiff can see how he copes at L1 level.

Jervis has played very well in the run in and deserves a chance next year. Fox, Sarcevic, Carey, Jervis, Taylor is a pretty solid line up. Maybe a new CB and LB would help to sure up the back line.

Feb 8, 2005
Somerset_Pilgrim":2cgjdypg said:
Hopefully we can keep a lot of the squad together. Think we have the makings of a decent League One team already. Strong potential starters in McCormick, Threlkeld, Bradley, Jervis, Fox, Sarcevic, Carey, Taylor. Decent squad fillers in Sonogo, Sawyer, Smith, Brunt (if fit).

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/why...gyle-manager/story-30277708-detail/story.html

From what this piece says says, I think the bulk of the squad will not be here next season.

jimsing":2wn9hxc4 said:
Somerset_Pilgrim":2wn9hxc4 said:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/why...gyle-manager/story-30277708-detail/story.html

From what this piece says says, I think the bulk of the squad will not be here next season.

You may be right, and we could be in for some surprises. I suspect DA has the same mind-set as many successful business leaders who believe the best time to make changes is following success.. Maintaining success with the same team (business or sport) is sometimes the harder option.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Funny but I didn't read the report like that but there is no doubt there are areas that need strengthening and areas where we may need to replace. I trust Adams to get it right

Anyway now is not the time for speculation. Let's wait until the final places are sorted.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
jimsing":3i35u55v said:
Somerset_Pilgrim":3i35u55v said:

I agree the editorial refers to the need to change, but did he imply wholesale change like last summer? He got the measure of Division 2 this season, but I wonder if he will quickly appreciate the playing demands of a higher League, when he doing his closed season signings this summer. Luggy got his team promoted 2 seasons in succession without a huge player turnover, so wholesale changes are not absolutely necessary in producing success. The summer is going to be interesting.l

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Quintrell_Green":22npk8ng said:
jimsing":22npk8ng said:
Somerset_Pilgrim":22npk8ng said:

I agree the editorial refers to the need to change, but did he imply wholesale change like last summer? He got the measure of Division 2 this season, but I wonder if he will quickly appreciate the playing demands of a higher League, when he doing his closed season signings this summer. Luggy got his team promoted 2 seasons in succession without a huge player turnover, so wholesale changes are not absolutely necessary in producing success. The summer is going to be interesting.l

Obviously missed the 10th Place finish in the first season back up where Luggy Assessed the standard and mixed his promotion Cake for the following season Championship and PL departure

Nov 3, 2006
Have never quite seen the fuss about Sarcevic. He doesn't really seem to create much and doesn't exactly go into challenges with everything he's got. Let me guess, he's on a 2 year deal.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Depends on how big the budget is for next season...a lot of the current squad are playing for peanuts..