Next season's squad (merged x 9) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next season's squad (merged x 9)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
xmastree":3rpd2x95 said:
PL2 3DQ":3rpd2x95 said:
xmastree":3rpd2x95 said:
PL2 3DQ":3rpd2x95 said:
I'm staggered the Herald has an article out today about which players should be released. With the team about to battle for the title it's poor timing and should have waited a week.

It's up there for crassness with the attack on Kelvin Mellor a few years ago.

Totally agree. However, large chunks of this thread are taken up by posters doing much the same thing - having their say on who to keep and who to release - before the season has finished. Why is it ok for it to be done on a fans forum (over which you preside), but crass when the local rag utilises it as clickbait? What is the difference? Not a personal attack, because you registered your own discomfort with this on the thread's opening page, but I feel it is a relevant question.

Anyone who "voted" in the Herald's "survey", is of course playing into their hands.

1: It's not for me to stop people posting their thoughts on Pasoti, it's free speech but I didn't like the chat about getting rid of players while they were still trying to win promotion/title, as you pointed out.
2: The Herald has a bigger reach than Pasoti, is more public and the article will get picked up by other outlets, it's already on NewsNow, and could be perceived as fans against certain players at just the time when everyone should be pulling together.

You're right about the survey but the results of that survey should have been published after Saturday.

Equally there could be the perception of "fans against certain players" from comments on this thread. There will be players who in the matchday squad on Saturday who multiple posters on this thread would like to see released. I don't think the greater reach of the Herald makes all the difference. In a way I feel the comments on here are worse as they are presumably restricted to the fanbase, whereas the Herald will probably get "votes" from people who have never entered HP. All in all there's not a lot of difference IMHO.

Having said the above, I appreciate that you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. If you censor the appropriate parts of this thread you open yourself up to a lot of criticism. Sometimes you can't win.

Yep. :)

In short, I won't stop people having an opinion on Pasoti and I can't control what the Herald publishes but I can moan about both, which I have done.