Next season's squad (merged x 9) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next season's squad (merged x 9)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
vibratingspider":3ienmwt5 said:
Disgusted by the Herald to be honest. Imagine how the players who have been earmarked for "RELEASE" must be feeling about the fans right now. I don't understand who those articles are aimed at, nor who they benefit. I would much rather we didn't even discuss that article as it's just promoting and sending clicks to the moron who wrote it.

I think, perhaps from one or two, the Herald journos are not Argyle fans and just want the Internet hits.

That article is in poor taste and should have waited a week.

Aug 5, 2015
People who read comics are either entertained or outraged by them. I'm amazed that any self respecting Argyle fan has anything to do with this rag. It doesn't add anything new that can't be picked up from elsewhere. Ignore it and it will go away. With regard to this latest speculation. It is just that. Speculation. Treat them like you would any other troll and don't rise to them. Says he who's just risen to this thread!

Apr 30, 2017
Argyle should look to recruit the best players from League 2 this season; That should probably include Watkins, Godden, McCartten....

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Or look to catch the released players from L1 and Championship....

Watkins out of our league...Godden has a contract but Stevenage would sell...currently has a broken toe so out for the rest of the season... hence the spiral out of the play offs as their goals dried up although I hope they scramble in as its a localish game for me next season...

Peterborough have released 11...and transfer listed Marcus Maddison as he only has a year left on contract...

Truth is there will be some good players coming available and we will be a much better prospect next season both financially and football wise...a team on the up and one tier of the Championship...

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Or look to catch the released players from L1 and Championship....

Watkins out of our league...Godden has a contract but Stevenage would sell...currently has a broken toe so out for the rest of the season... hence the spiral out of the play offs as their goals dried up although I hope they scramble in as its a localish game for me next season...

Peterborough have released 11...and transfer listed Marcus Maddison as he only has a year left on contract...

Truth is there will be some good players coming available and we will be a much better prospect next season both financially and football wise...a team on the up and one tier of the Championship...

Jul 29, 2010
It is still THIS season isn't it?

The players folk are perhaps seeking to replace ARE playing for the championship trophy on Saturday, right?

I ask because this all seems more than a little 'previous' to me.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
In terms of incomings (not going to mention outgoings for the reasons above) then surely the SPL will be the focus. Argyle are now a bigger draw than the majority of clubs in that league and as we've seen, Derek Adams will have the knowledge to pick the gems and the pulling power to attract them.

If you're an attacking player especially, you'll be looking at the way Adams has turned Carey (and to a lesser extent, Jervis) from a Ross County reject into one of the Football League's hottest properties, and wanting the same trajectory.

Apr 1, 2009
PL2 3DQ":35m6aeqq said:
I'm staggered the Herald has an article out today about which players should be released. With the team about to battle for the title it's poor timing and should have waited a week.

It's up there for crassness with the attack on Kelvin Mellor a few years ago.

Totally agree. However, large chunks of this thread are taken up by posters doing much the same thing - having their say on who to keep and who to release - before the season has finished. Why is it ok for it to be done on a fans forum (over which you preside), but crass when the local rag utilises it as clickbait? What is the difference? Not a personal attack, because you registered your own discomfort with this on the thread's opening page, but I feel it is a relevant question.

Anyone who "voted" in the Herald's "survey", is of course playing into their hands.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
xmastree":2vv8im8o said:
PL2 3DQ":2vv8im8o said:
I'm staggered the Herald has an article out today about which players should be released. With the team about to battle for the title it's poor timing and should have waited a week.

Totally agree. However, large chunks of this thread are taken up by posters doing much the same thing - having their say on who to keep and who to release - before the season has finished. Why is it ok for it to be done on a fans forum (over which you preside), but crass when the local rag utilises it as clickbait? What is the difference? Not a personal attack, because you registered your own discomfort with this on the thread's opening page, but I feel it is a relevant question.

Anyone who "voted" in the Herald's "survey", is of course playing into their hands.

1: It's not for me to stop people posting their thoughts on Pasoti, it's free speech but I didn't like the chat about getting rid of players while they were still trying to win promotion/title, as you pointed out.
2: The Herald has a bigger reach than Pasoti, is more public and the article will get picked up by other outlets, it's already on NewsNow, and could be perceived as fans against certain players at just the time when everyone should be pulling together.

You're right about the survey but the results of that survey should have been published after Saturday.
I would guess that several Herald journos are not Argyle fans and would stir up a hornets nest to attract readers and protect their jobs.
To me, as an Argyle fan, it's wrong.

Apr 1, 2009
PL2 3DQ":pz0f82xv said:
xmastree":pz0f82xv said:
PL2 3DQ":pz0f82xv said:

1: It's not for me to stop people posting their thoughts on Pasoti, it's free speech but I didn't like the chat about getting rid of players while they were still trying to win promotion/title, as you pointed out.
2: The Herald has a bigger reach than Pasoti, is more public and the article will get picked up by other outlets, it's already on NewsNow, and could be perceived as fans against certain players at just the time when everyone should be pulling together.

You're right about the survey but the results of that survey should have been published after Saturday.

Equally there could be the perception of "fans against certain players" from comments on this thread. There will be players who in the matchday squad on Saturday who multiple posters on this thread would like to see released. I don't think the greater reach of the Herald makes all the difference. In a way I feel the comments on here are worse as they are presumably restricted to the fanbase, whereas the Herald will probably get "votes" from people who have never entered HP. All in all there's not a lot of difference IMHO.

Having said the above, I appreciate that you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. If you censor the appropriate parts of this thread you open yourself up to a lot of criticism. Sometimes you can't win.