Next season's squad (merged x 9) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next season's squad (merged x 9)

Apr 12, 2016
Leon Horn":325gv76f said:
Sorry to be a spoilsport but I am one of those who still has the Wembley hangover; can we have a thread like this when/if the 'p' word is confirmed? :angel:

Me too. Must confess I winced a bit when I saw the title thread. Nearly there but anything can happen in football

Feb 8, 2005
Oh Ye of little faith.

Derek will be able to dabble in the market from the start this year, which will be a bonus to start with.

Even now he will be tasking Greg Strong with supplying the information that he requires.

Replacements will only apply to those positions where a suitable replacement of the right quality, temperament, and availability, at the right wage cost of course.

Once promotion has been obtained then he can get going in the market.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
In addition to comments above, I feel its a little disrespectful to our players who are ALL battling to get us out of this league. One for mid-May in my view.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Trev501":1xg83bht said:
In addition to comments above, I feel its a little disrespectful to our players who are ALL battling to get us out of this league. One for mid-May in my view.

:clap:

100% agree.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Trev501":5zqfgj7a said:

Spot on Trev, but hey! We're the best supporters on the planet...we keep telling ourselves so.

NOT!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I enjoy the football during the season, ups and downs, good and bad.

Squad strengthening speculation is my summer pursuit, checking pasoti, internet, teletext (is it still that? :oops: )

So, i'll enjoy our team comprised of our squad for the last few games. But I love having a day off in July and just researching and daydreaming of next year's team squad .. so I'll put that on hold too. :scarf:

Mar 14, 2009
I will be surprised if there are as many changes as people see. I say this because I am sure a number of those players who came in this year will trigger a year extension.

So you might not think Donaldson, Spencer, Slew are good enough for league 1 but I would think they will get a chance.

People say we need better forwards. I don't think the forwards are that bad. Considering how isolated they are most of the time they do a bloody good job for us.

5, maybe 6 new players perhaps. He will need better competition for McCormick and he needs to find more quality in that midfield. Personally, think Sawyer is too slow for L1.

SO new GK, LB, CDM (Fox kind of player), a wide man,. Perhaps another midfielder with more pace and power if he lets go of Ijaha and Smith. Perhaps a forward if he doesn't renew Brunt's contract. The rest will be loans.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
New RB, CB, LB, CDM, CM, LWM, CF.

I think Brunt, Tanner, Spencer, Bully, and Donaldson will leave.

Kennedy on a season long loan and Carey to extend

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
If we crawl over the line I think we need a massive cleanout, I realize this is odd with a promotion squad, but I really do believe Argyle are a poor side who somehow scrape away wins together. Regarding home form, I was away for the Mansfield game but that aside, I believe we have only looked like league leaders against Yeovil and Exeter. The rest of the home performances have been grim, even where we scraped a win.

I see very little quality and in fact our relegation teams were as good individually, except perhaps for 3 players.

That said who would I keep?

Bradley, Fox and Carey.

The rest are particularly average and bring very little quality, we have no pace, no threat offensively and very little creativity.

Of course none of this will happen, in fact we are more likely to face L1 without Bradley and Carey. Next season will be really interesting as we face better opposition, which perversely tends to bring out the best in us.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I would suggest that all the permanent recruits in January will be staying on.

I think someone said the majority of our squad will have potential trigger contract clauses based on appearances, so it will be a question of whether those players have more attractive options elsewhere.

I guess Dorel, McCallum and Bulvitis will not have played enough to automatically get an offer. That leaves Brunt. Not an easy decision and maybe the outcome will be based on latest medical assessment. Unfortunately there can be no room for sentiment especially with Taylor, Blissett and Spencer already here and similar types of players.

Edit - add Ijaha to the group not likely to get an offer

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
On the assumption that we get to Div One who will go?

Who I see going

Gary Miller
Gary Sawyer
Connor Smith
Ryan Donaldson

Perhaps

David Ijaha
Ryan Brunt
Jordan Slew
Jimmy Spencer