Booking fees on Tickets | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Booking fees on Tickets

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
It may have been a mistake in previous seasons, but are you certain it is a mistake this season too? How do you know?

Genuine question. I've just been charged £1.35 booking fee over the phone for a White Membership match ticket - so one I'd already paid for. I wasn't happy and had a discussion about this with the girl in the ticket office. She took advice and confirmed it was correct. So I paid in the end, but this seems sharp practice at best. It's not the way they should be rewarding their most loyal customers imho.

I'll escalate it within the club which is why I'm interested to know if it was done in error. I think it is intentional for this season.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I've bought my tickets already, I don't expect to pay a fee to redeem them. That's the rationale used in previous seasons also and the fee was waived. I don't see what's changed?

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
It is wrong. Postage yes booking.

I did get 14p rebate of sorts though.

Paid £1 postage for two tickets on the same order but for some reason they sent them in two envelopes (57p postage each)

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Stuart House":1bm1ffa6 said:
It is wrong. Postage yes booking no.

I did get 14p rebate of sorts though.

Paid £1 postage for two tickets on the same order but for some reason they sent them in two envelopes (57p postage each)

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
The 2017 Terms & Conditions for Memberships say, when talking about White Memberships, quote: "A booking fee of £1.35 per ticket will be charged for all purchases apart from those made in person at the Home Park Ticket Office."

So it seems it IS intentional. To me this seems unreasonable for something I've already paid for. Also, I don't understand why a booking fee is paid if the ticket is requested over the phone but not in person at the Ticket Office. Postage yes - but why an extra booking fee when there's no booking fee if collected in person?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Well, I was going to buy a second membership this season but I won't bother now. Could have suckered another guaranteed £120 out of me PAFC, but if I can't just log onto my account and just click to redeem tickets then what's the point? I don't want the hassle of entering card details to pay a booking charge ONLY. That's ludicrous.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
SwimWithTheTide":3rt8k28c said:
Well, I was going to buy a second membership this season but I won't bother now. Could have suckered another guaranteed £120 out of me PAFC, but if I can't just log onto my account and just click to redeem tickets then what's the point? I don't want the hassle of entering card details to pay a booking charge ONLY. That's ludicrous.
I agree. This is nonsense and not fair on those of us who live afar and can't visit the booking office apart from match days.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Yes it doesn't make sense. You've already made the purchase, this is for redeeming part of that purchase. It seems unfair. I know the Theatre Royal scrapped their booking fees about a year ago. Apparently in January there maybe new legislation being introduced re booking fees in general. Customers hate booking fees!

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Again - and this is a genuine question - if there has to be a booking fee, why is it applied to phone/internet applications, but not to local pick-up in person from the ticket office? A booking is a booking surely, whether you're standing in front of the ticket office or not?

I don't understand the logic of this. Is it something to do with Ticketmaster? Are Ticketmaster in the loop for phone/internet tickets but not if you turn up in person?

Hadn't seen this thread before I booked two Peterborough tickets and was quite surprised to be charged the extra £3.70 for booking fees + postage. Understand postage having to be paid, but the booking fee is a swizz, and reading comments from white members who've bought tickets already and now have to pay extra, that doesn't seem right.

M

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I used to buy two white memberships to cover the 12 or so games I get to as an exile. I won't bother either the second now as I'm no better of if just pay per game after 6 games.

P

Positively Green

I noticed today that there is a booking fee on a free carer's ticket (accompanying a disabled person) bought online.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
On the terms and conditions sheet my season ticket was attached to it says, a booking fee of £1.35 per ticket will be charged for all purchases apart from those made in person at the Home Park ticket office