Booking fees on Tickets | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Booking fees on Tickets

Jul 29, 2010
An accusation of club officials fleecing fans for personal gain must surely rank as pretty serious.

Silly season ends tomorrow :clap:

Feb 2, 2007
This thread has drifted away somewhat from my original questions which I still feel I don't have a reasonable answer too.

Booking fees are now levied on white members not booking in person, despite the theoretical commitment of a ticket purchase in advance. This is unfair in my view.

The secondary emerging point generated by Nikki Errington's response is the additional admin fees justification for printing Fast-tickets.

My ongoing plea is for the club to treat all fairly- do what other clubs do and remove booking fees and balance out the loss by charging fairly across the board. Also dont try and justify the unjustifiable!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My post was to "Ipplepen Green" Graham.

However, have I missed the point or is the answer to your question 'Obviously PAFC' isn't it? They do that to pay for the Ticketmaster service, as explained on the OS or am I being dim?

I do wonder why you don't simply pick up the phone though, you have Martyn's and James phone numbers.

You could then post the answer on here Graham.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
IJN, I was merely asking the question that I believe many fans were thinking when we were made aware of the involvement of SW ticket solutions. It seamed a coincidence that the news of their involvement coincided with the new booking fee's. Their statement clarifies the situation.
However, as a white member who would have to travel a distance to purchase tickets at the box office I still feel the present booking fees for white members is not justified.
Also, could SW ticket solutions not take over our ticketing operation from ticket master ?

May 8, 2011
nick_PASTIE":3k72dwzk said:
This thread has drifted away somewhat from my original questions which I still feel I don't have a reasonable answer too.

Booking fees are now levied on white members not booking in person, despite the theoretical commitment of a ticket purchase in advance. This is unfair in my view.

The secondary emerging point generated by Nikki Errington's response is the additional admin fees justification for printing Fast-tickets.

My ongoing plea is for the club to treat all fairly- do what other clubs do and remove booking fees and balance out the loss by charging fairly across the board. Also dont try and justify the unjustifiable!

Peterborough don't charge booking fees but they do charge £26 for a ticket, perhaps that is the trade off.

Most people could avoid paying the booking fee but no one can avoid paying £26.

Apr 6, 2009
Obviously a different league but Tottenham use tixketmaster and their booking free is £3.50 a ticket! I assumed it was a flat rate ticketmaster thing but now I'm not so sure!

P

Positively Green

How much do we save if we buy tickets for Home games in advance over the phone or online compared with just turning up on the day of the game? I know I could work it out by doing some research (I haven't the time) but I am pretty sure it is going to be hardly saving anything at all .

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Two issues for me. Firstly when they advertised white memberships it stated that this entitled fans to tickets for six games ( no mention of the booking fee that works out to £8.10 per membership). Secondly, you normally get a better seat by purchasing your tickets in advance.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Positively Green":3hsxbxcy said:
How much do we save if we buy tickets for Home games in advance over the phone or online compared with just turning up on the day of the game? I know I could work it out by doing some research (I haven't the time) but I am pretty sure it is going to be hardly saving anything at all .
You don't, assuming you get them posted too. £1.35 transaction fee, £1 postage. You're paying 35p more than buying a ticket on the day.