Booking fees on Tickets | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Booking fees on Tickets

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
X Isle":1exnsal1 said:
Nobby":1exnsal1 said:
X Isle":1exnsal1 said:
Link to the article last week...

Credit and debit card surcharges to be banned - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40648641

This doesn't impact booking fees. They'll still apply.
That would appear to be a severe crimp on an otherwise damn fine plan :think:

Having never used online booking I was unaware of the specified distinction. When speaking to a human in the ticket office the term used for the charge (when paying after the six games have been used up) is "credit card booking fee". It now begs the question do they mean 'credit card surcharge' or 'booking fee'?

The new EU directive isn't particularly clear. But my understanding via my job is that it's specifically tackling shops/companies/businesses that apply a surcharge because you choose to use card instead of cash.

So if it's a straight card processing charge, those are being banned. If it's a 'booking charge' which is just being applied for use of the service/so that the business can take a cut, then this is fine and this is mainly what applies to online ticket purchasing on sites like Ticketmaster. From there website:

Service Fee/Charge and Order Processing Fee
There is usually a service fee per-ticket and an order processing fee per-order that varies by event. (The order processing fee is not usually charged on box office purchases.) To the extent we charge a service fee and/or an order processing fee, we and our clients typically set and share the fee.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
GreenArmy1984":22j21cd9 said:
Positive feedback

Ordered Our Charlton Tickets 24 hours ago via online ticket system and received them in the post today

No Problems

Happy Pilgrims :scarf:

Yeah I did too, accept I had to pay £1.35 (fee) for something I've already paid for.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
GreenArmy1984":1dt0gbov said:
Positive feedback

Ordered Our Charlton Tickets 24 hours ago via online ticket system and received them in the post today

No Problems

Happy Pilgrims :scarf:

Good to hear.

I don't think the efficiency of the ticket office is the issue in question here though.

I'm not thrilled with the booking fee situation.

Would it stop me buying tickets online for a big match? No.

However, it does mean I will always endeavour to go to the ticket office in person if I can possibly help it.

Apr 15, 2015
It's being charged extra to use my own ink cartridge and paper to print at home that grates for me!
So the club (Ticketmaster's system I know) save paper and ink and I have to pay 65p a ticket for the privilege?
Just paid 50p to print 2 Somerset CCC tickets at home too.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Yes £1.35 to obtain print-at-home tickets with a White Membership today. Maybe I'm naive but this feels a bit of a rip-off to me.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I tried to purchase 3 tickets today by phone for the charlton game, all 3 of us are white members so I would consider we have already paid for our tickets. I was informed that there would be a £1.35 booking fee for each ticket. This seams a very unfair way for argyle to treat their customers / supporters

Feb 2, 2007
Strange one this- went to box office, got all tickets- of course no booking fees, even when paying with credit card.

Ironically it then cost me £6 in the club shop for presents for the kids instead!

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
If you buy them in person from the ticket office there is no booking fee, but there is if you purchase them by phone.
Doesn't seam fare to supporters that do not live close to the club.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Facilitation fees are a pain for the consumer but a massive money maker for the intermediary. My company are just looking at this to supplement the core business activities. We simply offer a platform for customers to purchase someone else's service and take a % fee.

To print at home takes the biscuit, but the postage and printing fees would surely be added on by Argyle if this was all done in house. They've outsourced so the outsourcing company want a cut. At least it's not £5 like the o2!!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
There isn't supposed to be a booking fee for white memberships. Sometimes if you try and buy say an adult ticket and an adult white membership ticket it'll charge you a booking fee for both, but in theory if you purchase a single adult white ticket then you should not incur any fee.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
You shouldn't have been. I'd take that up with the ticket office if I were you. It's never been the case before this season. They've had errors were fees have been charged, but they're not supposed to on membership tickets.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Yep, it would seem so, but they shouldn't be. This happened in previous seasons and the club confirmed it was a Ticketmaster error.