Argyle interested in Rhys Healey (or winger) from Cardiff | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle interested in Rhys Healey (or winger) from Cardiff

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":1qrotydt said:
Steve Evans":1qrotydt said:
Balham_Green":1qrotydt said:
Steve Evans":1qrotydt said:
we have brunt and spencer to return although they will struggle to impact for the remainder of this season with difficult injuries however,we have garita,goodwillie,i would start with these two,we have slew,rooney and fletcher has also played.i can't see where he would fit in meself.

So that would be the forward line that failed to score in 180 minutes plus v the bottom team wouldn't it?
i think your penultimate word should have been "would".plymouth argyle are top of the league with a very good squad of players and the club is relishing a mouth watering tie against the mighty liverpool.are you happy with either of these two facts balham green?

Silly question but you have avoided mine. 'Wouldn't' suggests it actually happened which of course it did! You have said yourself we have severla strikers injured/recovering from injury and/or not scoring goals. You seriously suggesting Rooney and Fletcher can do a job this season? Get real.
why can't rooney or fletcher do a job this season?

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3mu7tnzk said:
Balham_Green":3mu7tnzk said:
Balham_Green":3mu7tnzk said:
we have brunt and spencer to return although they will struggle to impact for the remainder of this season with difficult injuries however,we have garita,goodwillie,i would start with these two,we have slew,rooney and fletcher has also played.i can't see where he would fit in meself.

So that would be the forward line that failed to score in 180 minutes plus v the bottom team wouldn't it?
i think your penultimate word should have been "would".plymouth argyle are top of the league with a very good squad of players and the club is relishing a mouth watering tie against the mighty liverpool.are you happy with either of these two facts balham green?

Silly question but you have avoided mine. 'Wouldn't' suggests it actually happened which of course it did! You have said yourself we have severla strikers injured/recovering from injury and/or not scoring goals. You seriously suggesting Rooney and Fletcher can do a job this season? Get real.
why can't rooney or fletcher do a job this season?

:facepalm:

Jul 6, 2011
Two excellent and hungry players, a couple of wildcards who could very easily cause an upset. If you want to talk exceptional young players Alex Battle and Ryan Lane (midfielder) should get a mention aswell.

Apr 15, 2016
Healey looked a similar player to Tanner and in my opinion he didn't look any better than Tanner.

Would rather extend Craig's loan till the end of the season.

Aug 5, 2016
Looked like a busy young fella. Ran the channels well, and turned aimless Newport hoofs into dangerous one on ones. Can see him contributing to Argyle in the new year.

Mar 23, 2008
Steve Evans":3o98jz5n said:
looks like you avoided my question balham green.have you seen messrs rooney and fletcher play?
Don't be silly Steve, that's way too much like common sense! :lol:

Feb 2, 2007
edmonds200":2jlf30gp said:
I heard yesterday from a very reliable source that Healey is signing for Peterboro in Jan

Be surprised if they want him with Nichols being a very similar player.

Maybe they will sign him and loan out?

I expect Cardiff want cash, especially as Warnock has ambitions to get to Premiership.

Sep 6, 2006
Deacster":qb3i2dpg said:
Steve Evans":qb3i2dpg said:
looks like you avoided my question balham green.have you seen messrs rooney and fletcher play?

So have you been stalking Me? You seem to think you know my movements. I have seen them play obviously. Why do you think Adams doesn't play them despite having 3 strikers injured/not match fit?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
BG, after quite a reasonable period, over the last few days you've begun to slip back into aggressive and rude posts. Please respect that others are able to have and voice opinions which differ from your own.

I happen to agree with you that our home grown talent is not up to it, however, there is no need to be aggressive towards those that do.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":dxnkscyt said:
BG, after quite a reasonable period, over the last few days you've begun to slip back into aggressive and rude posts. Please respect that others are able to have and voice opinions which differ from your own.

I happen to agree with you that our home grown talent is not up to it, however, there is no need to be aggressive towards those that do.

Takes two to tango.

So you don't think Deacster message was provocative in any way then? Im not allowed to respond to that? Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not all out to get me!

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Has Rhys healey return to Cardiff or is he still on loan at Newport. No news of him signing for the greens. :scarf:

Feb 28, 2016
Steve Evans":28gmso2m said:

I would chuck Alex Battle into that mix as well, was involved (I think fair to say impressed) with the first team squad pre season and was last time I checked pretty close to Fletchers goal tally (although with Fletcher more than capable of scoring 3, 4 goals a game he might have pulled ahead of Battle again!) and AB has been matching him whilst being stuck out on the wing a lot this season. When everyone was getting excited about Battle I was raising the point that Fletcher was also of a very similar standard and that we should be looking out for him to. Now everyone is excited at Fletcher, I feel obliged to talk about Battle because from what I've seen this season I still cant find anything to separate them, so again wont talk about one without mentioning the other!

To people who say they aren't up to it, I would ask just what they would have to do in their apprenticeship to make you think they stand even a slither of a chance of making it? I know I and others have talked up strikers such as Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney before in recent years but these two lads are showing even more promise, and stand out in an exceptionally good year group it will be tragedy if at least one isn't given a good crack.

Lets also, in particular be fair to Fletcher before we write him off, people still stand by Goodwillie to come good, so lets not give up on Fletcher just because he didn't score against Newport, in all of the 10 minuets that he got!

I would think that: Rooney, Battle and Fletcher all natural goal scorers, all good poachers, all capable of an Hollywood goal, would be ideally suited and thrive at playing as a No/10 off of a traditional No/9 like Blissett or Garita .

Or Tyler is a free man now, we tried to get his signature and failed at the start of the season maybe we could go in for him again ;) I agree Steve I don't think this necessary and if he does come in he is only going to knock the lads from Rooney down- further down the pecking order. Which I think would be a negative step.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Balham_Green":2orfrkci said:
Deacster":2orfrkci said:
Steve Evans":2orfrkci said:

So have you been stalking Me? You seem to think you know my movements. I have seen them play obviously. Why do you think Adams doesn't play them despite having 3 strikers injured/not match fit?

If that's deemed rude and agressive, I would advise never leaving the house :lol: