Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all fans | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all fans

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Let's hope the fan's rep is either not on the internet or he/she spends very little time on it.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":1jqf4g2f said:
Let's hope the fan's rep is either not on the internet or he/she spends very little time on it.

There were some brilliantly qualified people on the AFT Grandstand group. I am sure Bob would have their contact details. It does seem rather odd to me that the Club Board choose the fans rep though.

Still, as long as there is open feed back and/or sight of the minutes we can feel confident Im sure.

IJN":2746v6tg said:

Ian, maybe it will make little or no difference ?

I have no idea.

But, will it work ?

I have no idea.

My feelings, as shared with you earlier, are NOTHING will work.

I wait with baited breath after 6 years !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

tonycholwell":1rkkn5vy said:
IJN":1rkkn5vy said:

There were some brilliantly qualified people on the AFT Grandstand group. I am sure Bob would have their contact details. It does seem rather odd to me that the Club Board choose the fans rep though.

Still, as long as there is open feed back and/or sight of the minutes we can feel confident Im sure.

Maybe that proves my point ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
tonycholwell":3p8jfo0u said:
IJN":3p8jfo0u said:
It does seem rather odd to me that the Club Board choose the fans rep though.

I don't know why Tony, if they have found someone independent of all the politics that makes complete sense to me.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If he/she is representing the supporters shouldn't the supporters at least be told who he/she is?

If no one else is going to tell us, perhaps he/she should.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
memory man":20aesvue said:
xmastree":20aesvue said:
BallboyEGS1958":20aesvue said:
If what Graham Clark says is correct,that James Brent has appointed his own supporters representative to represent the fans, I would ask why he did not use a bit of common sense to stop any bitching about who he has appointed.
Ask the whole fan base who they want and have a democratic vote on it and that should keep everybody happy.
I was also at the AFT meeting and would confirm that it was not The AFT who broke off relations with the board, that decision was made by James Brent, just to put the record straight

Ask the whole fanbase,and that will keep everyone happy? I don't think so. It has become very evident over the last few weeks that certain sections of the fanbase will never agree with other factions on anything at all. Any sort of vote would only stir up further acrimony.

As I understand it, the appointed "fans representative" represents the fans views on safety issues. I trust that the individual concerned has both knowledge (of safety issues) and impartiality.
Good post. Unfortunately, I have held the view for a very long time that there is only one real and credible way ahead - to trust the owner and his board to do the right thing. First the GAS Board crashed and burned and this AFT business is classic "you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time" with a bit of "damned if he does and damned if he doesn't" mixed in. I have always found our current AFT Chairman to be a very decent and honourable man and I hate to see the way it has gone in the past few weeks and months. Hindsight has once again proved to be an exact science.

Steve did we not support the previous 2 owners.

As for the GAS Board and the AFT who was the common denominator why both have not worked.

Both of those groups have had genuine Argyle supporters on board none could engage you have got to ask why.

Why is this supporters rep surrounded in secrecy.

There are still more questions than answers, I try to be as positive as you I just can't get over the final hurdle.

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":3kojpdxz said:
It's more important that the rep has some level of expertise in this area, Ian, and can make a meaningful contribution, perhaps the club have found somebody suitably qualified for the position.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
esmer":36ip819b said:
IJN":36ip819b said:
It's more important that the rep has some level of expertise in this area, Ian, and can make a meaningful contribution, perhaps the club have found somebody suitably qualified for the position.

Ian

I can only echo what others are saying. Transparency is what we were promised and I thought the Board recently have started to come around to that, to their credit. But this issues appears to give strength to "backsliding".

esmer":17btgxq2 said:
IJN":17btgxq2 said:

AND how will this anonymous representative - appointed by the Board - show OUR feelings ?

Stand outside Sainbury's or Morrisons or The Brit and.................................................................??????

Intriguing ain't it ?

I cannot wait.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Some others are saying Tony. let's not run away with the idea that 'everyone' or 'lots' of people need to the know the ins and outs of everything that goes on at PAFC towers, certainly the fans I talk to on a regular basis aren't that way inclined.

I would say that what is not needed is an avid 'committee person'. There are people (like you, Graham and many others) that like to get involved in all sorts of things (PASB/AFT as examples) which I understand and acknowledge, but perhaps it's a doer rather than a talker that they've gone for. If I was them that's what I'd pick.

I didn't know anything about this representative needed (nor should I) before Graham brought it up in his post yesterday, but I'm glad they've got on with it, rather than a show of hands or something similar.

Once again, I find myself in the position of thinking 'stop poking your noses into club business' when I see this sort of collective 'why not me' thing going on.

I, and many, many others are chuffed to bits the way the club is heading, and apart from a noisy 30 or so, I see nothing that suggests others don't think the same way.

This 'transparency' tag which some of you cling onto, is to me a flag which some of the 'I really want to be involved with the running of the club' types seem to want to beat the PAFC board around the head with.

They are the board, they are running our club well, we are top of the league, we are in the black, the freehold is being bought, if we go up, I am quite excited by the fact that we have one of the best young managers in the league.

All this 'being involved' stuff, was fine when the club needed us, but just like people are right saying 'stop saying JB saved our club' why can't we get back to letting the board run PAFC?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
esmer":1y7lcrsc said:

I can't imagine they'd suggest someone who worked as a Florist all his/her life Richard. :greensmile:

Whoever it is, I wish them luck and a following wind. :scarf:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":1zjfjn0q said:
Some others are saying Tony. let's not run away with the idea that 'everyone' or 'lots' of people need to the know the ins and outs of everything that goes on at PAFC towers, certainly the fans I talk to on a regular basis aren't that way inclined.

I would say that what is not needed is an avid 'committee person'. There are people (like you, Graham and many others) that like to get involved in all sorts of things (PASB/AFT as examples) which I understand and acknowledge, but perhaps it's a doer rather than a talker that they've gone for. If I was them that's what I'd pick.

I didn't know anything about this representative needed (nor should I) before Graham brought it up in his post yesterday, but I'm glad they've got on with it, rather than a show of hands or something similar.

Once again, I find myself in the position of thinking 'stop poking your noses into club business' when I see this sort of collective 'why not me' thing going on.

I, and many, many others are chuffed to bits the way the club is heading, and apart from a noisy 30 or so, I see nothing that suggests others don't think the same way.

This 'transparency' tag which some of you cling onto, is to me a flag which some of the 'I really want to be involved with the running of the club' types seem to want to beat the PAFC board around the head with.

They are the board, they are running our club well, we are top of the league, we are in the black, the freehold is being bought, if we go up, I am quite excited by the fact that we have one of the best young managers in the league.

All this 'being involved' stuff, was fine when the club needed us, but just like people are right saying 'stop saying JB saved our club' why can't we get back to letting the board run PAFC?

Ian, to be clear, I am not looking to be involved in anything. The transparency tag was introduced by JB to much applause. The assumption that committee people are not doers is rather prejudicial:) The safety at sports grounds is no longer the sole responsibility of sport ground owners and whether they like it or not is overseen by the local authority as well who wish to be transparent.

I have no wish to "beat anyone around the head" and am delighted Argyle are top of the league. I still wonder when the Far Post Club will open and in what form. Similarly I still wonder when we will have a new Stand and what form as I still wonder what will happen to HHP and will it once again be reunited with the rest of the ground. I suspect many others think about one or all of these points and some will add to the list.

In its purist form its about wanting the best for "our" club. Although thats not always seen or accepted.