Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all fans | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all fans

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
If anything needs winding up AFT is a prime candidate. Just keep the mag going to possibly raise funds for charity

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
tonycholwell":1fofiio5 said:
David_Fisher":1fofiio5 said:
Did this happen?

Anyone go? If so, anything interesting?

David

I wasn't able to go, but I believe only 8 people turned up including only 3 members of the Board.

Funny that isn't it?

I wonder if anyone else from the NAG people turned up (apart from Bob).

If I were a cynic I'd say that the NAG has quickened the demise of the AFT.

Perhaps that was serendipitous.

Aug 5, 2016
To be fair it was at less than one week's notice, wasn't advertised anywhere on the AFT site, had no publicised agenda and as far as I am aware was in reality to discuss a couple of major issues that should have been discussed and acted upon months ago.

Did members even know this meeting was happening other than a thread on here?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Knibbsworth":3ea1wo20 said:
To be fair it was at less than one week's notice, wasn't advertised anywhere on the AFT site, had no publicised agenda and as far as I am aware was in reality to discuss a couple of major issues that should have been discussed and acted upon months ago.

It was advertised in the Herald. For some reason it wasn't advertised on the AFT website or Twitter page when surely it would have taken just a few minutes to type something. The AFT emails have stopped as well.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
PL2 3DQ":1k0h4ox9 said:
Knibbsworth":1k0h4ox9 said:

It was advertised in the Herald. For some reason it wasn't advertised on the AFT website or Twitter page when surely it would have taken just a few minutes to type something. The AFT emails have stopped as well.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and suggest there is a bit of 'internal reflection' going on.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Some well meaning people on the AFT, undermined by people outside it that have been pulling strings for years.

Wozzer told me of it years ago and nothing has changed it seems.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
IJN":1xfsxe2v said:
Some well meaning people on the AFT, undermined by people outside it that have been pulling strings for years.

Wozzer told me of it years ago and nothing has changed it seems.

Kick them out-change the constitution at an SGM or AGM to make it possible if necessary.

Sep 20, 2003
I did confide in Ian at that time and still to this day believe I was being undermined behind the scenes. I am pretty sure that I wasn't the only Chair to have that problem.

I do hope that this isn't still going on as I know and like Bob and the ending of contact with the club really doesn't seem like something he would agree to.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Wozzer..The Freaks and Weirdo's have banned me from posting on their website...How Democratic is that....they reckon I am a Punchdrunk multi....you couldn't make it up so much for free speech...

Apr 1, 2009
Wozzer":318uo224 said:
I did confide in Ian at that time and still to this day believe I was being undermined behind the scenes. I am pretty sure that I wasn't the only Chair to have that problem.

I do hope that this isn't still going on as I know and like Bob and the ending of contact with the club really doesn't seem like something he would agree to.

I don't really get all this.

If you, and subsequently other chairs, have been undermined, why allow it to happen? Who's doing it - there's certainly no reason for hiding their identities? Finally, what is the motivation? If Bob and his colleagues have been undermined, if it's not them that's actually pulling the strings, presumably those behind the scenes want to see the demise of the AFT (because that is where it is heading on the basis of recent performance). To whose advantage is that?

I am baffled as to why successive individuals, convincing enough to be elected as Chair, have meekly allowed themselves to be dominated by such influences.