Another incoming! (Aaron Taylor Sinclair signs) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Another incoming! (Aaron Taylor Sinclair signs)

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Bermudian Green":1du6nvrq said:
Green as Grass":1du6nvrq said:
PL2 3DQ":1du6nvrq said:
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower.

ATS played in the last four games of the season for Doncaster last season, although they were not full 90 minutes his inclusion in a team chasing a title suggests he's over his long injury and fit.
And they lost every one !! Oh dear.

In their final match, ATS came on as a sub in the 73rd minute when leading 1-0. They lost 2-1.
In the previous game, was an unused substitute
In the game before that, he came on in the 62nd minute at 2-1 down, which is how it ended
In the game before that, he was taken off in the 63rd minute with the score at 0-0, they lost 1-0.
In the game before that, he came on as a half time sub at 0-1 down, they drew 1-1
In the game before that, he was an unused sub

So, after the facts are fleshed out a little, I don't really think you can lay the blame at ATS's door, can you?

Getting very pi55ed off at the amount of doom-mongering on pasoti these days.
I was not laying the blame at ATS's door but simply pointing out the facts. I have to say I do value other fans opinions. In the case of some signings this summer it has been positive but in this instance it is very negative. Hopefully Derek Adams will get this player playing to the undoubted potential that he had. However I am slightly disappointed at today's two signings since past performance indicates they are not likely going to take us to the next level.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
gaspargomez":31v32hna said:
He was voted Doncaster's worst ever player in a fan's poll...

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/yo ... page=0%2C7

Not entirely true. There was no vote. It is the choice of one person who was invited to write a piece for an article. No voting.

Others may agree with his choice but this was hardly the same as a mass vote. Ours was chosen by 1 person also... Woody. Some would agree with his choice, but plenty would disagree too.

Jun 26, 2006
So why have we signed a player with a long cruciate injury, but not given Brunt a chance to prove himself? Maybe DA has got another proven striker lined up? Good luck anyway ATS.

Mar 23, 2008
After our signings in recent seasons i've given up with reports from fans of other clubs. Jervis, Fox, Bradley, etc, etc all deemed liabilities and all key players. Goodwillie and Osbourne came with glowing reviews. Just shows, so many elements the main one being they are all human beings and form and fitness aside it's all down to the manager and environment on how they perform.

N

newquaygreen

ITS THE TEAM COLLECTIVE THAT MATTERS NOT THE SKILL OF ANY INDIVIDUAL PLAYER

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
green_forever":pbbzh5pk said:
So why have we signed a player with a long cruciate injury, but not given Brunt a chance to prove himself? Maybe DA has got another proven striker lined up? Good luck anyway ATS.

There is merit in that question. I am loathe to say, 'better the crock you know, than the one you don't' Perhaps it is the relative playing positions, which have influenced DA's decision.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Bermudian Green":120g79iw said:
Duncan Rice":120g79iw said:
Unbeliveable negativity from PASOTI permeates every signing it seems! Thank goodness all those 'useless' players (Miller..worst full back in the league etc) got us automatic promotion....

100% agree. I can't help but wonder why, given that all the signing's we've made are obviously going to be terrible, those same negative fans are not calling for the head of Adams as it's clear they have no confidence in his ability to spot a player.

Or perhaps the fans realise Adams can only 'shop' with the budget he's presented with? Monkeys and peanuts etc...

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Wow a swipe at the Chairman. Didn't see that coming :roll:

Sep 13, 2003
I wish everyone would just ignore that article from 4-4-2. It was not a vote but just but just one fans opinion. The fact that Woody was our fan selection further devalues it !

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Look at it this way. He was twice voted onto the PFA Scotland Division One Team of the Year (2011-12 and 2012-13). He did not get a chance at Wigan because the manager who bought him was then sacked. At Doncaster, he was a virtual ever-present in the year they were demoted while those around him were not keeping their places. In the last match of that season, he picked up a cruciate injury and was out for 9 months. As soon as he was fit again, Darren Ferguson had him back in the squad and he played a part in their last four matches of last season. I think this player could be a gem under the guidance of Adams and Wotton.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Clarke_B":13a1ndgk said:
I wish everyone would just ignore that article from 4-4-2. It was not a vote but just but just one fans opinion. The fact that Woody was our fan selection further devalues it !

Hmm but one look at their forum and theyre laughing their heads off
The one post that seemed to suggest he was underrated was quickly followed up by the same poster confirming it was sarcastic.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Green as Grass":3fbx7znb said:
Bermudian Green":3fbx7znb said:
Green as Grass":3fbx7znb said:
PL2 3DQ":3fbx7znb said:

ATS played in the last four games of the season for Doncaster last season, although they were not full 90 minutes his inclusion in a team chasing a title suggests he's over his long injury and fit.

In their final match, ATS came on as a sub in the 73rd minute when leading 1-0. They lost 2-1.
In the game before that, he came on in the 62nd minute at 2-1 down, which is how it ended
In the game before that, he was taken off in the 63rd minute with the score at 0-0, they lost 1-0.
In the game before that, he came on as a half time sub at 0-1 down, they drew 1-1

So, after the facts are fleshed out a little, I don't really think you can lay the blame at ATS's door, can you?

I was not laying the blame at ATS's door but simply pointing out the facts. I have to say I do value other fans opinions. In the case of some signings this summer it has been positive but in this instance it is very negative. Hopefully Derek Adams will get this player playing to the undoubted potential that he had. However I am slightly disappointed at today's two signings since past performance indicates they are not likely going to take us to the next level.

You also claimed Taylor Sinclair had joined Wigan.

Please don't make things up if you want to be taken seriously.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
cheshiregreen":10cghkoy said:
Green as Grass":10cghkoy said:
Bermudian Green":10cghkoy said:
Green as Grass":10cghkoy said:
PL2 3DQ":10cghkoy said:

You also claimed Taylor Sinclair had joined Wigan.

Please don't make things up if you want to be taken seriously.
I am sure that it was posted on his Wikipedia page this morning and then removed. It said he had signed a 3 year contract.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
What's the similarity between Wikipedia and PASOTI?

Anyone can post anything on both! But you have to confirm with other sources before you jump in believing them.