Another incoming! (Aaron Taylor Sinclair signs) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Another incoming! (Aaron Taylor Sinclair signs)

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
up_the_line":1kksrult said:
Clarke_B":1kksrult said:
I wish everyone would just ignore that article from 4-4-2. It was not a vote but just but just one fans opinion. The fact that Woody was our fan selection further devalues it !

Hmm but one look at their forum and theyre laughing their heads off
The one post that seemed to suggest he was underrated was quickly followed up by the same poster confirming it was sarcastic.

Who cares what some prat wrote in a mag over a year ago?
I care even less what Drfc fans think.
It's a new club and a fresh challenge for the guy.
Not to mention that his last manager (Ferguson) came 3rd in a 1 horse race.
Welcome aboard Aaron. You've made a good choice pal.

Mar 14, 2009
Ghost":iiy86hqf said:
up_the_line":iiy86hqf said:
Clarke_B":iiy86hqf said:
I wish everyone would just ignore that article from 4-4-2. It was not a vote but just but just one fans opinion. The fact that Woody was our fan selection further devalues it !

The one post that seemed to suggest he was underrated was quickly followed up by the same poster confirming it was sarcastic.

I wouldn't normally care. Crewe fans said the same thing about Fox.

Yet not one fan says one good word about him on that message board so you have to have a slight concern because the feedback is so damning against him.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":kl9wm4uq said:
Ghost":kl9wm4uq said:
up_the_line":kl9wm4uq said:
Clarke_B":kl9wm4uq said:

I wouldn't normally care. Crewe fans said the same thing about Fox.

Yet not one fan says one good word about him on that message board so you have to have a slight concern because the feedback is so damning against him.

Still doesn't bother me in the slightest. Adams knows what he's doing.

Green as Grass":3tehfs8h said:
Bermudian Green":3tehfs8h said:
Green as Grass":3tehfs8h said:
And they lost every one !! Oh dear.

In their final match, ATS came on as a sub in the 73rd minute when leading 1-0. They lost 2-1.
In the previous game, was an unused substitute
In the game before that, he came on in the 62nd minute at 2-1 down, which is how it ended
In the game before that, he was taken off in the 63rd minute with the score at 0-0, they lost 1-0.
In the game before that, he came on as a half time sub at 0-1 down, they drew 1-1
In the game before that, he was an unused sub

So, after the facts are fleshed out a little, I don't really think you can lay the blame at ATS's door, can you?

Getting very pi55ed off at the amount of doom-mongering on pasoti these days.
I was not laying the blame at ATS's door but simply pointing out the facts. I have to say I do value other fans opinions. In the case of some signings this summer it has been positive but in this instance it is very negative. Hopefully Derek Adams will get this player playing to the undoubted potential that he had. However I am slightly disappointed at today's two signings since past performance indicates they are not likely going to take us to the next level.

You'd stated as fact that they lost their last 4 games, and that he had played in those games, and was thus to blame for those defeats, given their good form before that time. I qualified that by pointing out that whilst yes, they did lose their last 4 games, he didn't even play in one of them, and played 108 of a possible 270 mins in the other 3 games.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Bermudian Green":2l9y5n80 said:
Green as Grass":2l9y5n80 said:
Bermudian Green":2l9y5n80 said:
Green as Grass":2l9y5n80 said:
And they lost every one !! Oh dear.

In their final match, ATS came on as a sub in the 73rd minute when leading 1-0. They lost 2-1.
In the previous game, was an unused substitute
In the game before that, he came on in the 62nd minute at 2-1 down, which is how it ended
In the game before that, he was taken off in the 63rd minute with the score at 0-0, they lost 1-0.
In the game before that, he came on as a half time sub at 0-1 down, they drew 1-1
In the game before that, he was an unused sub

So, after the facts are fleshed out a little, I don't really think you can lay the blame at ATS's door, can you?

Getting very pi55ed off at the amount of doom-mongering on pasoti these days.
I was not laying the blame at ATS's door but simply pointing out the facts. I have to say I do value other fans opinions. In the case of some signings this summer it has been positive but in this instance it is very negative. Hopefully Derek Adams will get this player playing to the undoubted potential that he had. However I am slightly disappointed at today's two signings since past performance indicates they are not likely going to take us to the next level.

You'd stated as fact that they lost their last 4 games, and that he had played in those games, and was thus to blame for those defeats, given their good form before that time. I qualified that by pointing out that whilst yes, they did lose their last 4 games, he didn't even play in one of them, and played 108 of a possible 270 mins in the other 3 games.
I stated that they had lost their last 4 games. I did not say ATS was to blame for that since that is something I would not have known.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Perhaps people judging/commenting on a new player should declare how many times/minutes they have actually seen them play?

Just a thought as to how valuable their comment might be

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
It seems that Argyle are banking on DA being able to get the brilliant best out of a number of players with average or questionable backgrounds.
If he can, that would be brilliant.

Buying "proven" championship players will probably cost big bucks, and you can't do too many of these. If they don't work out, you're gone.

I hope it works ... and only time will tell.

However, is there still hope? ........ I do know of a 50+ year old with unrecognised potential who is almost as quick as he was 30 years ago, who would be happy to be given the chance to prove himself (ahem) if ...!!

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
I've seen Aaron TS play once in the flesh and four or five times on TV. Each time I saw him I was impressed by his attacking ability and commitment and on a least one occasion he won the MoM award. He could be a bit rash in the tackle and got sent off once for a couple of rash challenges. I wouldn't describe his defending as error-prone but not necessarily error-free either.

Do I think he's L1 standard? I genuinely wouldn't want to say either way,though I suspect he's likely to do better as a LWB rather than a straight LB. I recall DS's signing track record and there does seem to be a pattern: players he knows and players with something to prove. I would say there's a chance ATS could really flourish under him.

R

roversred

Hi Guys...It sure come round quick and we are both hoping for a good season in league 1..I've seen you have signed ATS so thought I would give you a bit of a more balanced view on him from what you've seen on our forum....

Firstly there is no doubt that pretty much every man and his dog at Donny isn't sad to see him move on..His time at Doncaster has been pretty much disastrous...When he signed, like you we noted how well he had done in Scotland and hoped we had signed a good one but it just didn't work out...
He played pretty much every game in our relegation year despite showing no form whatsoever and he cost us a lot of points in crucial matches with his mistakes..The fans always need a scapegoat and at Doncaster it was ATS,People couldn't understand why Dickov picked him every week and they turned on him..I've been watching Rovers 35 years and I can honestly say i've never heard abuse and booing like what ATS received before...
In the last game he did his cruciate badly and some of our fans rejoiced at the news,absolutely shamefull..How some fans expect a player to turn his form around when he receives abuse like that is beyond me....

He spent all last season out injured and came back for the last four games in various capacity's before his contract ended,and even then he was booed when he came on...On reflection the lad simply has to be a better player than what he was for us else he wouldn't be a professional player,every now and then we would get a performance that was excellent to prove he was good enough but would follow it up with costly mistakes costing us dearly..He needed a fresh start somewhere else because no matter what he did at Doncaster the negativety had gone to far for him to stay...

In conclusion I actually believe there was a player in there but after 12 months out and his confidence shot to pieces it might take a while to see it...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the balanced view.

If there is a manager who's judgement I trust, it's Adams. Like you say, there must be a player in there somewhere.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":31lv0m8a said:
Bermudian Green":31lv0m8a said:
Duncan Rice":31lv0m8a said:
Unbeliveable negativity from PASOTI permeates every signing it seems! Thank goodness all those 'useless' players (Miller..worst full back in the league etc) got us automatic promotion....

100% agree. I can't help but wonder why, given that all the signing's we've made are obviously going to be terrible, those same negative fans are not calling for the head of Adams as it's clear they have no confidence in his ability to spot a player.

Or perhaps the fans realise Adams can only 'shop' with the budget he's presented with? Monkeys and peanuts etc...

Anything to say this morning..........................?

:tumbleweed:

Jul 6, 2011
He is back up, you can see it a mile off, probably a fillip unti the younger players get enough experience to fill that role.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I would hope he is more than back up as Sawyer is hardly a cast iron starter at League 1 level is he? He has been pilloried a bit by the Donny fans but so was Kelvin Mellor by many here and he was very impressive with Blackpool last season. Let's hope Adams can get the best out of him.