Another incoming! (Aaron Taylor Sinclair signs) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Another incoming! (Aaron Taylor Sinclair signs)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
A new left back was a must. Another ticked off the list.

Mar 14, 2009
Good to see competition at LB for Sawyer.

I would however want to know why Doncaster fans never rated him.

He had a serious injury and it does take time to get over that. His pedigree in Scotland seemed good. I look at Luke Shaw having a serious injury. How much he is still trying to still find the form that made him a Man Utd player. It takes time for players to regain their confidence. Something that maybe ATS has had issues with.

It's a punt on a player who is trying to find his feet but like others have said an area we needed competition for.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Metal_Green_Mickey":3vvpy5gn said:
Good to see competition at LB for Sawyer.

I would however want to know why Doncaster fans never rated him.

He had a serious injury and it does take time to get over that. His pedigree in Scotland seemed good. I look at Luke Shaw having a serious injury. How much he is still trying to still find the form that made him a Man Utd player. It takes time for players to regain their confidence. Something that maybe ATS has had issues with.

It's a punt on a player who is trying to find his feet but like others have said an area we needed competition for.

Trouble is, I think it was a case of Doncaster fans not rating him before the injury! So a poor season at a team relegated from League 1 followed by a season out through injury. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

However, as you say, he seemed to do OK in Scotland so perhaps DA can get him back to his earlier form.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Has plenty of experience, a good age. Let's hope that his injury is long behind him and he can get back to the level that apparently attracted strong interest from, Celtic, Cardiff & Middlesborough. Sawyer is a Steady Eddie, bUt he is unlikely to improve at his age, so decent competition is good for him. Welcome aboard the the Adams Academy of Footballing Science and good luck as a Green

Jul 29, 2010
The signings have familiar traits to last year, a bit of a rag tag mixed bag of players without sparkling pedigree but each with their own little thing to prove. Be it returning from injury or returning from a bad spell like today's, making the step up to a new level, making a step back up to a level they've been previously.

This approach aided us last year and it'll do so again. Some won't make it but more will than won't. DA seems to get from a squad more than the sum of it's parts. He puts square pegs in square holes and players seem to step up to his methods.

I agree with some assessments of the players we've signed so far, on paper they don't inspire immediate confidence. I have faith in the cook though to blend the ingredients in such a way that the product delivers.

I expect a slow start, as before, as players bed in. But I reckon quickly we'll see the shape of a steady and worry free first season back at this level.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":p8cwb2rb said:
northroadwest1":p8cwb2rb said:
Nobby":p8cwb2rb said:
northroadwest1":p8cwb2rb said:
Dear God we need a RB!!!

Why? We have Oscar & Miller as backup.

Oscar yes, but Gary Miller must be the worst player in the league. I felt like crying when he was given a contract

Me too

I agree he's pants, but he's backup. Awful going forward and an average defender.

Here's some more on the newbie:

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHP ... c=262692.0

Makes pretty grim reading from all sources so far :doh:

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Yes, the Donny fans are laughing at the signing of Taylor-Sinclair.

But hey, maybe DA can get the best out of him and turn him into a gem... and stick two fingers up to that donut Darren "I'm Living Off My Dad's Name" Ferguson!!