Alex Fletcher | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Fletcher

Feb 17, 2017
Completely agree with jimsing. I understand people's views of giving him game time and how on the face of it that might develop him. I think at his stage showing promise getting bashed around by league one defenders may knock his confidence, and as much as he may get cheered for coming on, give it a few games and the fans could be getting on his back as chances get missed, especially as he would most likely be coming on as a hope of getting back in the game potentially a goal down with 10 minutes left, or he simply can't do what's needed at this level. That could massively damage his confidence, think it would be better to play at a lower level where he hasn't got so much expectation on his shoulders and can grow as a player and come back stronger. Also from argyles point of view we can't gamble on him being able to change games at this level as survival is paramount for this season. I can't see any league 2 side even taking this kind of punt on an unproven youngster let alone us.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
jimsing":3k073enc said:
Fletcher has announced himself on the Home Park pitch. Brilliant.

But he is nowhere near what we need as a centre forward.

What is the point of playing him for 10-20 games, only for him to be pushed and pulled around by the opposition ceaselessly. He has to learn how to handle himself in a man's game, not with tippy tappy football that the youngsters play.

Loan him out to get that experience of being able to handle himself and he just MAY develop to be what we are looking for in a couple or three years time, a la Isaac Vassell!

"Mans game" Don't make me laugh, yellow cards for every tackle, these players don't know the meaning of "Mans game"

Jul 6, 2011
Neilz5419":38v1pnsm said:
Completely agree with jimsing. I understand people's views of giving him game time and how on the face of it that might develop him. I think at his stage showing promise getting bashed around by league one defenders may knock his confidence, and as much as he may get cheered for coming on, give it a few games and the fans could be getting on his back as chances get missed, especially as he would most likely be coming on as a hope of getting back in the game potentially a goal down with 10 minutes left, or he simply can't do what's needed at this level. That could massively damage his confidence, think it would be better to play at a lower level where he hasn't got so much expectation on his shoulders and can grow as a player and come back stronger. Also from argyles point of view we can't gamble on him being able to change games at this level as survival is paramount for this season. I can't see any league 2 side even taking this kind of punt on an unproven youngster let alone us.

You honestly think he's not going to get banged around by some clodhappy centre half in the conference? and I would suggest that the expectation level would be quite high after his performance against chelsea u-21s. It has Louis Rooney and hartlepool written all over it...

Feb 28, 2016
After that performance, I would be amazed if he doesn't travel with the first team this weekend, got to be odds on.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If he doesn't then how demotivating for the lad.

His goals deserve rewarding with a place on the bench.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
He'll travel this weekend definitely but I can't see Adams throwing him in straight away.

I imagine Adams would have said to him, that until Argyle get another striker in that Fletcher has every chance in the world of making the team but he has to make the most of that chance. If he does, great, if not, he'll go out on loan. The onus is now very much on Fletcher.

I can see Adams thinking that his two goals in midweek is enough to earn a place on the bench but not in the starting 11 just yet.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I don't see who you'd leave out of the 18 to accommodate him.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":3mtaahkn said:

Taylor-Sinclair and Songo'o. Sokolik is defensive cover, Ness is CM cover.

Te Loeke, Sokolik, Ness, Lameiras, Ainsworth, Wylde, Fletcher.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Nobby":1kmgns1c said:
Mark Pedlar":1kmgns1c said:

Need left-back cover other than Carey IMHO. Reasonable shout about Songo'o although he does cover more than 1 position.

Yeah, maybe Wylde

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":1tlobkj7 said:
Nobby":1tlobkj7 said:
Mark Pedlar":1tlobkj7 said:

Need left-back cover other than Carey IMHO. Reasonable shout about Songo'o although he does cover more than 1 position.

Yeah, maybe Wylde

Surely Sokolik could manage one game at full back? From what I've seen of ATS, we'd be better bringing on nobody!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Sokolik's not a left-back. There's no need for all those forwards so yeah Wylde I guess but then he is an impact player - is Fletcher?