Your Top 5 TV Shows/Series | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your Top 5 TV Shows/Series

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
This country
Detectorists
Extras
Snowfall
Wicked tuna (sorry I'm hooked!!)
Just bought the the box set of Breaking bad,have a feeling it'll make the list.

Breaking Bad starts of slow but you’ve got stick through the first season then it picks up

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Schitts Creek
Only Fools and Horses
Detectorists

Back Up

The Mafia only Kills in the Summer (Walter Presents)
Sons of Anarchy
Narcos
Deadliest Catch
24 or Homeland (I can't split them).

Last edited:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Really pleased everyone loves Detectorists as much as I do. There’s one bit of it that makes me emotional just thinking about it, hard to describe but there‘s a look between Terry and Sheila when they have the club rally. Just beautiful.

Nothing better to go bed on. Truly wonderful characters and storyline.

Love the (sort of) Simon & Garfunkel music kicks in when the Dirt Sharks come into play. :ROFLMAO:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Just thought of another that is simply perfect if you want something light and genuinely uplifting for the spirits...... 'Gone Fishing' with Bob Mortimer & Paul Whitehouse.

As likeable and warm as those two are, the real star of the show is the glorious British countryside. The photography is stunning - virtually every shot worthy to be made into a picture to hang on your wall. If you haven't seen it - treat yourself (they've done a few series now) .... and if you have seen it already watch it again if you're ever feeling a bit low and grumpy.

Reactions: Biggs

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Great point and I'm amazed I'd not included that.

It simply puts you in the right frame of mind when you watch it. Another one that's nice to got to be on.

Aug 13, 2009
Dramas -
Homeland - (Gripping from the very first episode and maintained the standard until the last)
Line Of Duty - (thoroughly entertaining only let down by the last episode)
Ozark- (better than Breaking Bad)
Mayor Of East Town - (only one series but excellent)
Breaking Bad - (Not as good as Ozark but still good)

Comedies -
Frasier - (The pinnacle of well written, classy comedy)
Roseanne - (First programme I saw where she spoke to her kids how we all should speak to them, with total irreverence)
Fools And Horses (say no more)
Everybody Loves Raymond
Fawlty Towers

Jan 2, 2010
Since I've not seen it here, Ricky Gervais' After Life. On a par with The Detectorists.

If we're going sci-fi
The Expanse
Killjoys

A couple the got cancelled.
Defiance. (Last two seasons rushed into one)
Dark Matter. This one looked like it might have been decent.

Reactions: American Pilgrim

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
Dramas -
Homeland - (Gripping from the very first episode and maintained the standard until the last)
Line Of Duty - (thoroughly entertaining only let down by the last episode)
Ozark- (better than Breaking Bad)
Mayor Of East Town - (only one series but excellent)
Breaking Bad - (Not as good as Ozark but still good)

Comedies -
Frasier - (The pinnacle of well written, classy comedy)
Roseanne - (First programme I saw where she spoke to her kids how we all should speak to them, with total irreverence)
Fools And Horses (say no more)
Everybody Loves Raymond
Fawlty Towers
Ozark definitely up there with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
1. M.A.S.H. (TV not movie) Watched every single one of these at least once...including the pilot. I've even got every single episode on either DVD or Video.

2. Hill Street Blues. Let's be real careful out there. Absolutely brilliant characters. Frank Furillo and his fruitcake wife Fay. Joyce Davenport - the hottest DA out there! Belker and Renko. Great programme.

3. Life on Mars. Another series with superb characters. Gene Hunt and Ray Carling. Didn't rate Ashes to Ashes as much.

4. Absolutely anything that is narrated/fronted by David Attenborough. Originals/reruns, don't care. Got the full boxed set which is still, after probably a good dozen years or so, doing the rounds with the grandkids...and the kids across the road. Timeless.

5. The Two Ronnies. Funniest thing on TV.

There's loads of honourable mentions...Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Monty Python, loved Tomorrow's World - good laugh to go back through them now just to see how wrong they got it with some things.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Since I've not seen it here, Ricky Gervais' After Life. On a par with The Detectorists.

Most definitely. I was in a seriously bad place mentally myself and going through a very dark period of my life (my alcoholism and suicidal thoughts) when series one of After Life first came out: there was something about that series which really touched me and I could relate with ... and it's amazing reading from so many others who shared on Twitter that they too were going through problems - be it depression, death of a loved one, addiction, etc who had the same experience.

A gem of a series.

Reactions: Shadowknight

PutneyPete

♣️ PASALB Member
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
The Big Bang (early series)
2 and 1/2 men (early series)
Porridge
A Bit of a Lift by Donald Churchill TV play September 1973
Only Fools and Horses