World Cup games thread (Not England) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

World Cup games thread (Not England)

A

andyr1963

Willis88":36zduxqc said:
Senegal's second goal, player comes on from the half way line from coming off due to getting treatment and immediately 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Easily my favourite goal of the tournament so far. :funny:

H

HuddyTheGreen

Willis88":faww3gbf said:
Pogleswoody":faww3gbf said:
Lundan Cabbie":faww3gbf said:
Pogleswoody":faww3gbf said:
Willis88":faww3gbf said:
Senegal's second goal, player comes on from the half way line from coming off due to getting treatment and immediately 1 on 1 with the keeper.

So the defender's touch, second defender's non touch and the rush goalie weren't relevant then? Just Senegal's 'cheating'?? :lol:

No need to use the word cheating. No laws were broken. It might seem wrong and maybe unfair but the referee can signal for the player to come back on as soon as the ball is in play. IMO it is a stupid rule that a treated player must momentarily leave the field anyway but that's another debate.

Errm I wasn't accusing anyone of cheating, hence the quote marks. Poland's defending and goalkeeping deserved to be punished. Dreadful! :facepalm:

I wasn't suggesting any form of 'cheating'. Was merely pointing out the unusual occasion.

Something I deemed to be noted, and to be honest one of the few things that happened that game, it was dire! How Poland are 8th in the world is beyond me.

On the radio commentary they were saying that they had played the system to achieve their high seeding, something which fifa have since cottoned onto and scrapped, they explained how but i missed it.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
As somebody has mentioned cheating earlier on this thread, May I just lob in a name that epitomises everything I detest about about the so-called dark arts in football? Ladies and gents, I give you Pepe - loathsome scumbag of a player. Today's performance came straight out of the Tom Daley playbook. Utter disgrace. :furious:

Sep 25, 2010
Emeraldinho":2gam4237 said:
As somebody has mentioned cheating earlier on this thread, May I just lob in a name that epitomises everything I detest about about the so-called dark arts in football? Ladies and gents, I give you Pepe - loathsome scumbag of a player. Today's performance came straight out of the Tom Daley playbook. Utter disgrace. :furious:

Yes Pepe was disgraceful, he has done this before.

So was Ronaldo in the same game, claiming a penalty, after no contact whatsoever, and had the cheek to ask for video replay.

May 22, 2006
Croatia should have had a player sent off but they've been way better than Argentina.

I've noticed that Argentina have a player who bears a striking resemblance to Lionel Messi, in fact I think they even have the same name, but that's where the similarities end. I wonder why they don't just let the real one play.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argentina 0 Croatia 3 FT is that the shock result so far in the tournament?

Sep 6, 2006
Ham Green":39t363d8 said:
Croatia should have had a player sent off but they've been way better than Argentina.

I've noticed that Argentina have a player who bears a striking resemblance to Lionel Messi, in fact I think they even have the same name, but that's where the similarities end. I wonder why they don't just let the real one play.

Not sure what you expect him to do without the ball.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Ham Green":be196h0h said:

Argentina were the more dirty team They could have had two players sent off.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I just loved Terry Butcher on 5 Live this morning. (Pedants note: not verbatim!)

'How did you feel when you saw the Great Maradonna in tears?'

TB: Bliddy delighted tbh!

'Is that in some sort of revenge/bad feeling over what happened in 86?'

TB: Yes, of course it is. These days we have video and VAR, I can't help thinking there might have been a different outcome all those years ago. People say it's a long time ago .. but I'll never forget it'

Nice to hear an ex player say what he really thinks/feels and not shrug it off as tho' it didn't matter. :thumbs:

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Balham_Green":1xnp2hqc said:
Ham Green":1xnp2hqc said:

But he did nowt with it. Not a patch on that fat guy in the stands!!

Oct 24, 2010
Argentina were awful. Their coach needs to take a long hard look at himself. When you have the best player in the world in your team surely you devise tactics to get him in the game and on the ball as much as possible. Clueless.

Sep 6, 2006
Lousy_Pint":374cn0xh said:
Balham_Green":374cn0xh said:
Ham Green":374cn0xh said:

But he did nowt with it. Not a patch on that fat guy in the stands!!

True he is not a cheat. I suspect you are clueless in your judgement of players. I assume you expected him to beat the whole defence on his own. Maradona did it once with a one in a century goal.