World Cup games thread (Not England) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

World Cup games thread (Not England)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Green_Matt":1g0sruht said:
warney":1g0sruht said:
Yea, Iceland are doing well. And it's good to see an ex-argyle player mixing it with Messi on the WC stage!
Iceland's tactics are tiresome. It's one thing for Argyle to play like that at Anfield in a knockout game but Iceland are supposed to be on the world stage on merit. I wouldn't write off Argentina based on that game either.

Argyle were trying to fluke their way into the next round. Iceland are trying to get points off as many teams as they can and just see what pans out, nothing wrong with that.

If Argentina are brilliant and Iceland are tiresome then it is Argentina's job to beat them severely. Tiresome is one of the best players in the world missing from the spot!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Green_Matt":3dnkv9nl said:
warney":3dnkv9nl said:
Yea, Iceland are doing well. And it's good to see an ex-argyle player mixing it with Messi on the WC stage!
Iceland's tactics are tiresome. It's one thing for Argyle to play like that at Anfield in a knockout game but Iceland are supposed to be on the world stage on merit. I wouldn't write off Argentina based on that game either.

They got a point! Well done to Iceland I say. And if Argentina can be held to one goal by a defence containing a 35 year old Argyle has-been then I wouldn't be overly confident about them progressing too far into the competition!

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Matt":t2lkvak4 said:
warney":t2lkvak4 said:

They are there on merit. That's why they held one of the best teams in the world. Course they could have gone all out on attack and got hammered. But that would have been rather silly wouldn't it?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The commentators and co-commentators have been very critical so far when there's been no need.
In the Croatia match they missed an off-side decision and instead criticised a player for missing a chance.

Phil Neville is the worst pundit ever seen in the world of punditry.

The referees and VAR system have been excellent so far.

The balls get replaced regularly.

Empty seats at some matches with £300 a ticket being quoted, why does a ticket cost so much?

Overall, good so far but could do better!

And the awful Clive Tyldesley to come!

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":31mn6kpe said:
The commentators and co-commentators have been very critical so far when there's been no need.
In the Croatia match they missed an off-side decision and instead criticised a player for missing a chance.

Empty seats at some matches with £300 a ticket being quoted, why does a ticket cost so much?

Agree Re Neville and surprised about empty seats. Var seems to me to have reduced the cheating as players realize they cant get away with it.
Because it's the wc everything has to be a superlative. Brilliant fantastic etc just for routine saves.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’ve watched every game so far and nothing’s really come close to matching the quality of the Spain/Portugal game.

Two good ones today though involving two of the favourites and two teams who could cause upsets, Brazil/Switzerland and Germany/Mexico.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The number of players dropping to the floor holding their faces after minimal contact (often not even on their face) this tournament has been embarrassing.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Fantastic goal for Mexico!! :scarf: Couldn't agree more about Phil'gobby Manc' Neville. STFU for Christs sake you useless prat! Nothing but breathless drivel to accompany Jonathan Pearce's incessant stats. Such a pity they don't have a red button option to kill the commentary. :sad:

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Emeraldinho":2k4igsjh said:
Fantastic goal for Mexico!! :scarf: Couldn't agree more about Phil'gobby Manc' Neville. STFU for Christs sake you useless prat! Nothing but breathless drivel to accompany Jonathan Pearce's incessant stats. Such a pity they don't have a red button option to kill the commentary. :sad:

If it's on the BBC there's normally an option on the red button to listen to the Five Live commentary instead.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":232zv3ju said:

Ian, the prices for the first game ranged from £43 to £449. All the other group matches are all same at £17 to £171. The prices for the first was to pay for Robbie Williams' performance. :)