World Cup games thread (Not England) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

World Cup games thread (Not England)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Ham Green":2b2o29fk said:
poo!!

Did you see that! He must have a foot like a traction engine!
Now THAT made me ‘Laugh Out Loud’ at my desk (when supposed to be working :oops: ) …….. one of those great comic lines that always makes me laugh no matter how many times I hear it (a bit like listening to Brian Johnson giggling during that Test match commentary – just impossible not to laugh).

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Best team so far (by a mile) is Spain. Sure they didn't win - but they were against quality opposition and only a howler from the normally brilliant De Gea (Why TF can't he do that for Man U?), a very dodgy pen and an unstoppable free kick prevented them. To coin a phrase #NAILEDONWINNERS

Sep 6, 2006
Ave_IT":3pxlhifk said:
Best team so far (by a mile) is Spain. Sure they didn't win - but they were against quality opposition and only a howler from the normally brilliant De Gea (Why TF can't he do that for Man U?), a very dodgy pen and an unstoppable free kick prevented them. To coin a phrase #NAILEDONWINNERS

Was a definite pen

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Senegal's second goal, player comes on from the half way line from coming off due to getting treatment and immediately 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Poland have been awful, no urgency whatsoever, deserve nothing.

I’d have said Poland & Colombia to be topping this group, definitely not Japan and Senegal.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Willis88":1bnkgx8j said:
Senegal's second goal, player comes on from the half way line from coming off due to getting treatment and immediately 1 on 1 with the keeper.

So the defender's touch, second defender's non touch and the rush goalie weren't relevant then? Just Senegal's 'cheating'?? :lol:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":37u97007 said:
Willis88":37u97007 said:

So the defender's touch, second defender's non touch and the rush goalie weren't relevant then? Just Senegal's 'cheating'?? :lol:

No need to use the word cheating. No laws were broken. It might seem wrong and maybe unfair but the referee can signal for the player to come back on as soon as the ball is in play. IMO it is a stupid rule that a treated player must momentarily leave the field anyway but that's another debate.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":2b8zgu8t said:
Pogleswoody":2b8zgu8t said:
Willis88":2b8zgu8t said:

No need to use the word cheating. No laws were broken. It might seem wrong and maybe unfair but the referee can signal for the player to come back on as soon as the ball is in play. IMO it is a stupid rule that a treated player must momentarily leave the field anyway but that's another debate.

Errm I wasn't accusing anyone of cheating, hence the quote marks. Poland's defending and goalkeeping deserved to be punished. Dreadful! :facepalm:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pogleswoody":2snctj0p said:
Lundan Cabbie":2snctj0p said:
Pogleswoody":2snctj0p said:
Willis88":2snctj0p said:

Errm I wasn't accusing anyone of cheating, hence the quote marks. Poland's defending and goalkeeping deserved to be punished. Dreadful! :facepalm:

I wasn't suggesting any form of 'cheating'. Was merely pointing out the unusual occasion.

Something I deemed to be noted, and to be honest one of the few things that happened that game, it was dire! How Poland are 8th in the world is beyond me.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Been impressed and surprised by Russia so far, look a strong dynamic team with a lot of confidence.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Balham_Green":1pwvn69d said:
Cobi Budge":1pwvn69d said:
Been impressed and surprised by Russia so far, look a strong dynamic team with a lot of confidence.

They have played nobody.

Agreed, they probably got themselves into the weakest group in the tournament and a half fit Mo Salah only aided that! The Uruguay game should really be a dead rubber providing Uruguay beat Saudi Arabia today so their next meaningful game will be against Spain/Portugal in the last 16 - if they win that then I'll take notice.