World Cup games thread (Not England) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

World Cup games thread (Not England)

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":1yvjgmoq said:
The-Pilgrim":1yvjgmoq said:
Switzerland are according to FIFA the 6th best team in the world?

:lol: What nonsense.

Sweden will be a tough game I think they will do a Tunisia, but like that game hopefully we have enough quality with the likes of Kane to edge a win.

Sweden are much better than Tunisia

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
What's the Flemish for ****in' 'ell!! :scarf:

Great second goal. Lukaku decides not to go down when a Brazilian threw a feather at him, stood up, ran with the ball and passed it … who needs set pieces when you can do that … to Brazil!!

Is it all over tho'?? :think:

Jun 8, 2014
Cobi Budge":nsq0s9qc said:
Neymar is an embarrassment to the sport.

I wouldn’t complain if England players did it. Loads of footballers dive and try and ‘con the ref’. I don’t think they’re all embarrassments to the sport.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Josh Pope":36se5z2z said:
Cobi Budge":36se5z2z said:

I wouldn’t complain if England players did it. Loads of footballers dive and try and ‘con the ref’. I don’t think they’re all embarrassments to the sport.

If you don’t think a grown man constantly faking injury and trying to con the ref isn’t embarrassing then we’ve got very different views on what we want for the sport.

May 22, 2006
It's frustrating because he is such a talented player, I think that's the problem. He could beat two players and stick it in the corner, instead he goes down. If he stays on his feet then he's up there with the best, but as it is now he's not even Brazil's best player.

edit: another one there, diving when the defender laid a hand on him. It is embarrassing.

edit2: anyway, Belgium have been fantastic. They might just do it, y'know.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Never understood the critisicm Martinez gets.

A good manager who has revolutionised Belgium from the mess they were in two years ago.

Didn't do too shabby with Swansea and Wigan either.

Mar 14, 2009
The bet I had on Belgium to win it at 14-1 is looking pretty good now :scarf:

If Croatia can wake up, and get rid of their bottle job tag then they have a midfield to compete with Belgium but to me the winners are down to 3 in either Belguim, France or Croatia.

Unfortuately, the rest (including England) just dont have those players like a Hazard, De Bruyne, Modric, Mbappe, Pogba etc.... who can open up a side like they can from open play and so have no chance of winning the World Cup.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Steve.PAFC2012":bt02opfx said:
Never understood the critisicm Martinez gets.

er.

I think the complaint is/was he cannot organise a defence and concentrates more on an attacking style but Belgium have certainly done well so far of course.

Everton fans loved him for a while then when they started losing more games got a bit fed so guess like most managers it does depend on what results Martinez gets with his style.

Those same Everton fans soon got fed on Big Sam and his dull defensive tactics didn't they!

Anyway as for the game - Belguim played well and had some luck which you need against a team like Brazil.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":3pw5vluq said:

Yes I agree. And like Alan Shearer said it backfired because that's the reason they didn't give the second pen, which if converted would have been the equaliser.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
r4h4al":3ce72alq said:
Cobi Budge":3ce72alq said:

Yes I agree. And like Alan Shearer said it backfired because that's the reason they didn't give the second pen, which if converted would have been the equaliser.

I understand 'cheating' and going down (don't condone it but there is a gain to be had - unfortunately) but I swear the one where he was 'pushed' in the back in the box, he could have got his head on the ball and scored!! FFS!! Soon as he was touched he just forgot about the ball completely!!

Its cheating gone mad!! :lol:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Russia seem a very tough cookie to crack, heading to ET with Croatia.

To be honest, I don’t have a preference as to who wins, there are pro’s and cons to playing both.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The ref took up an odd position for the penalties. He looked to be too close and in the eye line of the keepers.