Will we be raided in January? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be raided in January?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If DM was 3-4 years younger I’d be more worried.

CG is good and you probably won’t find a better left foot for a defender in the league.

The only one I think we would get serious offers for is Cooper. He would challenge many number 1’s in the championship and has colossal potential. Can’t see PNE paying what we would demand to be honest.

I think SH would have made it clear to PNE we wouldn’t entertain any bids anyway.

Sep 6, 2006
If DM was 3-4 years younger I’d be more worried.

CG is good and you probably won’t find a better left foot for a defender in the league.

The only one I think we would get serious offers for is Cooper. He would challenge many number 1’s in the championship and has colossal potential. Can’t see PNE paying what we would demand to be honest.

I think SH would have made it clear to PNE we wouldn’t entertain any bids anyway.
No doubt we'll entertain bids if the price is right

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
No doubt we'll entertain bids if the price is right
Big if BG.

what’s the right price for a young keeper like cooper whose making in L1 and improving at the rate he is?

He’s going to be easily someone’s number 1 in the top 2 leagues in the next 18 months

Reactions: Green as Grass
Jul 6, 2011
Cobi, life is all about opinions and my opinion obviously differs to yours, life would be dull if we all thought the same way. For me Danny has not influenced games the way Carey did on a consistent basis, however last night Danny was outstanding when he came on and he changed the game, long may that continue. Indeed I commented on the match thread yesterday how he had shown his class.
For me Carey wasn't as consistent as you say, many a time he was in a losing team and anonymous in a game. He's a completely different player to Danny Mayor.

Reactions: Green as Grass

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
He’s what the gaffer had to say on this matter.

Schumacher said: "Can I answer that one Andrew? Ryan can come for our players but he has to pay the same price as everybody else. That's how it is.

"Our players are good footballers and they are going to attract attention from clubs who would be interested in them, and Preston will be no different to anybody else.

"The players will have a value and if they want them they will have to pay."
Schumacher then looked across to Parkinson and said: "Is that alright? The Argyle CEO smiled and replied: 'Yeah, very good."

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think Ryan Hardie might be a target for Lowe. He's in the top 8 goal scorers in League One and Lowe has already signed him 3 times so he's obviously a favourite. A striker with pace and goals will always attract attention.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
I think Ryan Hardie might be a target for Lowe. He's in the top 8 goal scorers in League One and Lowe has already signed him 3 times so he's obviously a favourite. A striker with pace and goals will always attract attention.
He’s too lightweight for the championship. Gets bullied in possession far too easily.

• Haha
Reactions: briangreen
Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
Just a thought.... one potential target could be Conor Grant, if not in the January window then during the Summer?
Why? He’s got a contract here for another 18 months by which time he will have been here 6 years.
Not exactly been fighting off potential buyers for him every transfer window, have we?

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
without knowing much about Preston’s squad it’s difficult to say, but Houghton has a) been absolutely sensational for Argyle and b) is the type of player who is critical to the way Lowe plays.

I would guess he is the biggest risk of being targeted, followed by Camara. I’d also not be surprised by interest in M Cooper, Grant, Jephcott, Hardie or Ennis. All players who have already had good success in league 1 and are going to get even better as they mature
Ennis? Really……??