Why no offers for Royal Navy? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why no offers for Royal Navy?

Nov 6, 2011
Why should the armed forces get a discount? Seriously, why should they? They signed up to serve, they're all volunteer's. There are far more dangerous jobs around than many jobs in the Navy. I can tell you that Navy personel have it cushsty, they get well paid, loads of time off, good pension, it's a good career and they get paid much more money than the average civilian worker based in Plymouth. I agree with the guy who said he wouldn't want preferential treatment. The thing is, where do you draw the line? Alot of jobs are dangerous, not just the armed forces. If matelots didn't waste their money on p****** it up most nights; then they might be able to afford to watch the football.

N

newquaygreen

Pilgrim":2st06lmc said:
Why should the armed forces get a discount? Seriously, why should they? They signed up to serve, they're all volunteer's. There are far more dangerous jobs around than many jobs in the Navy. I can tell you that Navy personel have it cushsty, they get well paid, loads of time off, good pension, it's a good career and they get paid much more money than the average civilian worker based in Plymouth. I agree with the guy who said he wouldn't want preferential treatment. The thing is, where do you draw the line? Alot of jobs are dangerous, not just the armed forces. If matelots didn't waste their money on p****** it up most nights; then they might be able to afford to watch the football.

I agree, it patronising to most service personnel as some have eluded to on this post.
There is a arguement for a forces day, perhaps the nearesr home game to Nov 11th where a deal can be done and this would be more about the sacrifice of others rather than those who attend.

If we are to give free/low price tickets then specific cases need to be looked at. i am sure there are many local families and people in general who given the oipportunity to attend a match would enhance their life (don't even think about a smart remark about our teams performance enhacing anything!) no end fro the existence they currently have

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Pilgrim":175germ9 said:

Get a life Pilgrim. Don't forget the Royal Marines are part of the Naval Service, they are putting their life on the line daily.

If you had been around 65+ years ago we would all be speaking German.

Nov 6, 2011
Greenrod":2yjt4tw6 said:
Pilgrim":2yjt4tw6 said:

Get a life Pilgrim. Don't forget the Royal Marines are part of the Naval Service, they are putting their life on the line daily.

If you had been around 65+ years ago we would all be speaking German.

Jawohl!!

Ich frage euch: Wollt ihr den totalen Krieg? Wollt ihr ihn, wenn nötig, totaler und radikaler, als wir ihn uns heute überhaupt erst vorstellen können?

Nun, Volk, steh auf und Sturm brich los! :lol: :lol:

Jul 13, 2009
Pilgrim":2h3ems67 said:

I agreed with you right up until the bit in bold.

So did you fail to get in or did one of them pinch your wife? :funny:

Anything that puts bums on seats, revenue into the club and back into the pockets of the staff can only be a good thing. Costs you nothing and affects you in no way at all.

I sometimes wonder if people want this club to succeed at all.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
IJN":er1707e4 said:
Plymouth is a naval port and a garrison town.

We should celebrate that, and if members of the Armed Forces, get a cheap deal, I for one am happy.

Used to be.. where are 29 Commando etc etc.. just a few ships based at Devonport..

Nov 6, 2011
COYGL12":3kstl3e7 said:
Pilgrim":3kstl3e7 said:

Anything that puts bums on seats, revenue into the club and back into the pockets of the staff can only be a good thing. Costs you nothing and affects you in no way at all.

Haha!! Nope, i served my Queen and country for 4 years; then i went to university and studied law, languages and politics.

I want PAFC to succeed, i have green blood running through my veins. I love this club. However, i stand by my comment.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Greenblooded1":27p0jfss said:
How much revenue does the Royal Navy / Dockyard contribute to the Plymouth economy. I doubt Plymouth would be much bigger than Torquay if it wasn't for the Navy.

Give the troops a break ffs, It's not like we're short of seats currently is it

Those days are gone now.. Plymouth is no longer the Naval port it was!

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Argyle used to give tickets to the RN, maybe they werent getting used so the offer was withdrawn?

I dont think it would hurt to give out tickets to various groups, school loads of kids sat in Block 14 anyone?

There are so many worthy groups the list is endless.. the Armed Forces are held in high esteem across the world so it would be good PR for Argyle.

However I would rather Argyle gave tickets to the firms that were effected by administration first, and not to those that really can afford it.

Jul 13, 2009
Pilgrim":9n5qd9x1 said:
COYGL12":9n5qd9x1 said:
Pilgrim":9n5qd9x1 said:

Haha!! Nope, i served my Queen and country for 4 years; then i went to university and studied law, languages and politics.

I want PAFC to succeed, i have green blood running through my veins. I love this club. However, i stand by my comment.

Even the bit in bold? For an intelligent man it's a ridiculous statement. Generalisation is for the lazy :wink:

I'm sure a happy medium can be achieved, as we all have the same common objective - to have a successful team and profitable club.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
smudja":206pcuwu said:
IJN":206pcuwu said:
Plymouth is a naval port and a garrison town.

We should celebrate that, and if members of the Armed Forces, get a cheap deal, I for one am happy.

Used to be.. where are 29 Commando etc etc.. just a few ships based at Devonport..

42 Commando at Bickleigh, 30 Commando at Stonehouse and don't forget the possible North Devon Greens in the Commando Logistic Regiment at Chivenor.

Also don't forget HMS Raleigh - they probably have nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Pilgrim":27qzjgo4 said:
I can tell you that Navy personel have it cushsty – evidence ?????

I don't know what you do but I will bet that you are not on call 24/7.
When was the last time you had 3 days notice for a 6 month deployment or 12 hours notice for a flight out of UK – time away unknown. (the only seat left was 1st class = awesome)
When was the last time your 'home' was a cabin probably smaller than your bathroom for 6 months.
When was the last time you were tasked to fly 400 miles, open ocean, to a ship that may not even be there and couldn't be verified due to radio silence. If it wasn't there = no refuel = running on fumes and the plan was then to ditch the a/c get into a liferaft and wait 2 days to be picked up.
If thats cushty – I'd hate to do a job that wasn't.

They get well paid, - who told you that ?? Even on pay of £30K basing on 24/7 recall = £3.43 per hour.

Loads of time off ??? 6 weeks a year + deployment leave on return

Good pension – boy the pension debate is getting so boring. Did you check the pension in your present job prior to starting ???

It's a good career – at last a sensible comment. But someone has to visit Florida, Little Cayman, Montego Bay, Chile, Ecuador, Oman, Kenya, Liverpool, Barry, Norway, Crete (4 bleedy times), Jordan, Panama, Naples, Portsmouth, New York, Washington, Greece,

Tell me – why didn't you join ???????

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
I personally would be fudged right off if discount is offered to service people, you know as a poster said earlier they are relatively highly paid compared to the average wage down here!
What would be next, 50% to anyone who chews their. Fingernails? free tickets to any twit who has got nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon. I work my arse off to be able to afford to buy my entrance to my local team why should anyone get a free ride?
Rant over!

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
earl grey":1pqkjdeo said:
I personally would be flipped right off if discount is offered to service people, you know as a poster said earlier they are relatively highly paid compared to the average wage down here!
What would be next, 50% to anyone who chews their. Fingernails? free tickets to any twit who has got nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon. I work my arse off to be able to afford to buy my entrance to my local team why should anyone get a free ride?
Rant over!

A new entry at HMS Raleigh around £13,800 with the average salary of an able seaman at £20,000. These are the sort of people we should be attracting. Not to forget disabled war veterans - or are you calling these people twits, Earl Grey. Shame on you.