Why no offers for Royal Navy? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why no offers for Royal Navy?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The argument could stretch further to the firefighters, police, ambulance staff, motorway men who put the cones out, the fruit man who has to deal with angry fruitaholics etc etc.

For me (a serving member of the forces) I wouldn't want any preferentle treatment over the next man/women who earns a living in the profession they have choose even if it is more or less dangerous than the next person.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
pilgrim_daz":24piwjex said:
Neither does your average matelot! one or two exceptions accepted

Ask a certain naval medic who was out in Afghanistan and also ask the soldier whose life she saved. :banghead:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
How much revenue does the Royal Navy / Dockyard contribute to the Plymouth economy. I doubt Plymouth would be much bigger than Torquay if it wasn't for the Navy.

Give the troops a break ffs, It's not like we're short of seats currently is it

Greenblooded1":1xtka9wy said:
How much revenue does the Royal Navy / Dockyard contribute to the Plymouth economy. I doubt Plymouth would be much bigger than Torquay if it wasn't for the Navy.

Give the tropps a break ffs, It's not like we're short of seats currently is it

No but like the club a lot of people in plymouth are short of money

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Just bloody do it. Empty seats don't earn any money for the club anyway. And it's good PR.

May 8, 2011
jeeze, the people of plymouth wouldnt like to see a few people that we should all respect (and in my opinion look up to) get to pay a cheaper price to see a team they probably dont support.

Bums on seats = Extra money for our club, simple

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I am in favour of occasional offers for the Armed Forces for the following reasons:

1) It's money going into the club
2) It's bums on seats
3) It's good PR

However, as has been pointed out earlier in the thread (by service personnell no less), they are in paid (sometimes well paid) work and they aren't the only job to involve putting themself in serious danger. Firefighters, Police Officers, overseas aid workers and coastguard/air ambulance workers do too. Whilst I do support Armed Forces offers, I think they should be incidental and not regular.

Jan 12, 2009
the only reason i pointed this out was to try and boost attendances, there is a huge market there with the navy lot and i think the club should do its best to attract them.

N

newquaygreen

Maybe a few marines in our midfield could help out :thumbs: