Why no offers for Royal Navy? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why no offers for Royal Navy?

Jan 12, 2009
I spent this weekend with my mate who recently has joined the Navy. We went out as a group of about 30 or so navy lads and we was talking about football. I asked had many gone to watch Argyle and they all said no, obviously these lads are from all around the country but many of them are very keen on football and don't do a great deal at the weekend.

I asked why many hadn't gone to a game and price seemed to be the problem, many can't believe there isn't any offers for the navy lads as from their words " loads would go if it was about a fiver ".

Quite a few of them said other clubs had discounts for armed forces and Aldershot even let you in for free with an armed forces card.

Is there any reason we don't discount for them?

Cheers

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
From the Q&A with James Brent....

Could free tickets or concessions be given to the Armed Forces, ex-servicemen and disabled War Veterans?
Lee WSM; Greenrod

A: The Board is very keen to recognise our Armed Forces and there will be recognition of this in our season-ticket offer. As a starter, we have given 500 free tickets to the Armed Forces to recognise Armed Forces Day on Saturday, April 21 against Oxford United. We hope that servicemen and women will turn up in uniform so that we can show our respect to them.

pilgrim daz

๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ
Jan 6, 2006
Muara, Brunei
Why give reduced prices? they get paid more than the average local wage!

Flagman

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Because the average local worker doesn't get shot at too often?

pilgrim daz

Jan 6, 2006
Muara, Brunei
Neither does your average matelot! one or two exceptions accepted

A

Anonymous

Plymouth is a naval port and a garrison town.

We should celebrate that, and if members of the Armed Forces, get a cheap deal, I for one am happy.

pilgrim daz

Jan 6, 2006
Muara, Brunei
As a serving member of the RN I feel that there are other groups of the community who are probably more deserving.

C

Cult Of Personality

Flagman":2it76ugf said:
Because the average local worker doesn't get shot at too often?

You ever worked in Swilly ;)

Jokes aside

Why not give them some cut price tickets

It always annoys me when i watch soccer am and they do the force's bit that you never see a Argyle shirt

I would agree that prices on season tickets should be reduced for those in the forces as they are often away for large parts of the season. The thing i find most worrying is this line *I asked why many hadn't gone to a game and price seemed to be the problem, many can't believe there isn't any offers for the navy lads as from their words " loads would go if it was about a fiver ".* I find it wrong that they expect a discount, like it is wrong that students expect discounts (not putting the two in the same group!) Discounts should be offered not expected.

Jan 12, 2009
they expect a discount because they dont support plymouth, but they would go if the prices were reasonable and reduced because they like football and would cheer on the team.

PAFCJames86":14vs6n8p said:
they expect a discount because they dont support plymouth, but they would go if the prices were reasonable and reduced because they like football and would cheer on the team.

In that case I expect a discount at every other ground in the English football league as I dont support their team but would cheer them on!

G

greenscooby

Lewdownlee":1cxj5kp0 said:
I would agree that prices on season tickets should be reduced for those in the forces as they are often away for large parts of the season. The thing i find most worrying is this line *I asked why many hadn't gone to a game and price seemed to be the problem, many can't believe there isn't any offers for the navy lads as from their words " loads would go if it was about a fiver ".* I find it wrong that they expect a discount, like it is wrong that students expect discounts (not putting the two in the same group!) Discounts should be offered not expected.

Totally agree with the above post, our household income (like many many others i would imagine) is far less than the services yearly salary, why should they be given discounts? I'm still expected to pay the full admission price.

Whilst i agree with another post on here, yes they they do put their lives on the line for queen and country and for that i'm totally appreciative and hold a lot of respect for the men and women in our armed forces, but i don't understand why they should be entitled to cheaper tickets.

Feb 21, 2011
Speaking as an ex serviceman I never recieved football admission discounts because of my chosen profession, nor would I expect them, although I did get to go to a European cup final and a couple of fa cup semi finals through service contacts and, went to many games of teams supported by my mates always paying the going rate a season ticket discount maybe but reduced pay on the day no.