Trust Section | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust Section

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
John Petrie":30i9wn0z said:
Personally, I think that discussion of the PASB and Trust should be kept to a separate board with announcements for both stickied on the main board.

This helps both organisations get over important information and also gives people somewhere to debate them.

It's hard to see why any reasonable person would disagree with this approach.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
The Doctor":2jyg7pec said:
John Petrie":2jyg7pec said:
Personally, I think that discussion of the PASB and Trust should be kept to a separate board with announcements for both stickied on the main board.

This helps both organisations get over important information and also gives people somewhere to debate them.

It's basically what I suggested yesterday, I thought it made sense. John's amendment about announcements being stickied to the main board means that it should also attract the attention of everyone.

Glad to see that the mods are looking into it, I think it will benefit both bodies.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Womble":1jlw5fq1 said:
The Doctor":1jlw5fq1 said:
John Petrie":1jlw5fq1 said:

It's basically what I suggested yesterday, I thought it made sense. John's amendment about announcements being stickied to the main board means that it should also attract the attention of everyone.

Glad to see that the mods are looking into it, I think it will benefit both bodies.

There`s the rub. :cool:

M

MoistVonLipwig

Womble":35lswqz8 said:
The Doctor":35lswqz8 said:
John Petrie":35lswqz8 said:

Why waste time. Just do it!

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Babararacucudada":e33bsj7c said:
This is just the latest in a long series of lamentable and ill-judged, although entirely consistent, decisions taken by Pasoti which have fitted a clear anti-Trust narrative.

It is hard to discern any support for the Trust at all amongst the Pasoti admin team which places them well and truly apart from the rank and file supporters some of whom have expressed their dismay on this thread.

If the argument is that "the Trust should have its own forum" then I despair. Why? It isn't the Trust here that is complaining it is the users of this board. If the Trust wants its own it could have one too. Why not? It is a complete irrelevance. This is about Pasoti providing a service to its users that Pasoti users obviously want not the Trust doing anything at all. Should puerille miscellania have its own board too? (Some might contest it already does, of course.) No. Of course not. Terraces has long been an integral part of Pasoti and a Trust board could (should!) be too.

By the same logic PASB should have its own forum too. "Oh but it doesn't have a site." So what? It could get one. It could find a corner on pafc.co.uk. It could revive Argyle Insider. It could do lots of things. It doesn't need to though, does it, given that the PASB clearly has preferred status. We can only wonder about "why?" because there is no coherent, cogent explanation that has been given so far.

What really baffles me about all of this is why should an "independent" messageboard which should have no more opinion or policy itself than a blank piece of paper can be so obviously hostile (whatever its hollow protestations to the contrary) to a truly independent, democratically-elected, legally-constituted supporters' Trust? The two bodies should be joined-at-the-hip and as hard to separate as a Morris dancer from a Sealed Knotter. "Not-the-same but almost-the-same." Quite clearly they couldn't be much more different.

This may be miles from the mark but Pasoti admin's stance here is so far removed from many of its posters on this issue that it really does look as though there is something going on that they are not admitting to. With all the will in the world the stain left by the Deep Throat affair will take a long time to remove but if there is no will to deal with it at all, as appears to be the case...

I'm a Trust member and will continue to be so.

Does this mean my ten pounds a year is not welcome??

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I always thought the site was initiated and run by enthusiasts of PAFC on a solely voluntary basis for the benefit of themselves and others. 'Plymouth Argyle Supporters On The Internet' I seem to recall. From some of the comments on this thread, anyone would think there was some sort of obligation to host the Trust and Uncle Tom Cobbley to boot ....

Perhaps there is, perhaps I'm missing something - do I care ....zzzzzz

FWIW, keep up the good work Mods - it matters not (to me at least).

Good grief you parted with money? :funny:

Tbh the mods are damned if they do damned if they don't.

I never agreed with the decision to shut the trust forum but then again I wasn't one of those that had to make the decision. I think there are a couple of mods on here that use the site for their own agendas but to tarnish everyone with the same brush is wrong.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Not that it matters one jot, but I am also a Trust member.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Baba, you seem to talk a well thought out argument, but not his time. Do you really think Ponty joined the trust as a defence mechanism in case he needed to prove he wasn't anti-trust?

What about my membership? What about the whole Sunday I gave to walk around Plymstock delivering trust certificates? What about the use of my van to help the Trust move collected goods?

Personally I think it is worth having a fans' Trust, you never know when it will be needed. I do think that they need to improve communication as in my personal experience that has been poor.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Babararacucudada":u9asm96b said:
Ponty":u9asm96b said:
Babararacucudada":u9asm96b said:
This is just the latest in a long series of lamentable and ill-judged, although entirely consistent, decisions taken by Pasoti which have fitted a clear anti-Trust narrative.

It is hard to discern any support for the Trust at all amongst the Pasoti admin team which places them well and truly apart from the rank and file supporters some of whom have expressed their dismay on this thread.

If the argument is that "the Trust should have its own forum" then I despair. Why? It isn't the Trust here that is complaining it is the users of this board. If the Trust wants its own it could have one too. Why not? It is a complete irrelevance. This is about Pasoti providing a service to its users that Pasoti users obviously want not the Trust doing anything at all. Should puerille miscellania have its own board too? (Some might contest it already does, of course.) No. Of course not. Terraces has long been an integral part of Pasoti and a Trust board could (should!) be too.

By the same logic PASB should have its own forum too. "Oh but it doesn't have a site." So what? It could get one. It could find a corner on pafc.co.uk. It could revive Argyle Insider. It could do lots of things. It doesn't need to though, does it, given that the PASB clearly has preferred status. We can only wonder about "why?" because there is no coherent, cogent explanation that has been given so far.

What really baffles me about all of this is why should an "independent" messageboard which should have no more opinion or policy itself than a blank piece of paper can be so obviously hostile (whatever its hollow protestations to the contrary) to a truly independent, democratically-elected, legally-constituted supporters' Trust? The two bodies should be joined-at-the-hip and as hard to separate as a Morris dancer from a Sealed Knotter. "Not-the-same but almost-the-same." Quite clearly they couldn't be much more different.

This may be miles from the mark but Pasoti admin's stance here is so far removed from many of its posters on this issue that it really does look as though there is something going on that they are not admitting to. With all the will in the world the stain left by the Deep Throat affair will take a long time to remove but if there is no will to deal with it at all, as appears to be the case...

No.

It's a small price to pay to be able to say "I'm a member and I'm a mod. We're not biased at all, see!" when all the available evidence suggests that you couldn't be less balanced if you tried.

Perhaps you could back up your support by linking to a pre-existing post clearly and unambiguously supportive of the Trust. Better still find 10.

I really don't need to explain myself to you.

Aug 24, 2009
Babararacucudada":1bm8uozg said:
Ponty":1bm8uozg said:
Babararacucudada":1bm8uozg said:

No.

It's a small price to pay to be able to say "I'm a member and I'm a mod. We're not biased at all, see!" when all the available evidence suggests that you couldn't be less balanced if you tried.

Perhaps you could back up your support by linking to a pre-existing post clearly and unambiguously supportive of the Trust. Better still find 10.

im not a trust member ,an it is becuase of people like you that i never will be you PLANK ,

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
The Trust now have their own website, that was always planned, anything the Trust want to promote is now posted on the Main Board and stickied if requested.

If you want these arrangements to change let me know, Babba.

The vote on the shutting of the Trust Board is, again, none of your business.

PS. Stop telling me I'm anti-Trust, if I was, I'd say I was.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Ponty, nit having a go, but have you asked pasoti users what they want? Personally i think having the trust board on here would be a convenient thing for all fans and pasoti users.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Womble":2tct5zev said:
Ponty, nit having a go, but have you asked pasoti users what they want? Personally i think having the trust board on here would be a convenient thing for all fans and pasoti users.

I think the dialogue that Pasoti tried to conduct with the trust has been covered on this thread somewhere.

We did listen to Pasoti posters and realised we may have made the wrong call, hence the attempted dialogue with the Trust, this, for whatever reasons, was unsuccessful. That's when it was decided to close the Trust Board.

Hope this helps.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I do agree that the trust should have replief quicker. Surely however 2 groups of adults can sort it out? I fail to see hoe any readonable person could object. Maybe its time for any row to be forgotten.