Trouble at the End (32 fans banned) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trouble at the End (32 fans banned)

Jan 11, 2016
After wigan fans invaded the pitch, let off flares and incited the home fans (from both the lyndhust and mayflower). Guess you want to gloss over that bit? You’d be the first on here bemoaning smoke bombs had it been the other way around
J

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Maybe some of those who saw fit to participate in the trouble would be good enough to come on here and explain to those of us with more than 2 brain cells their rationale for doing so.....

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Wasn't at the game today due to personal circumstances.

From speaking to peers, it sounded like wigan fans ran on the pitch, did all the goading to our fans and the usual you expect with a last minute winner. I love this passion and hope the game never looses this despite many people's best effort to sterile the game.

What followed was a few scuffles at the end of the game. Again, who cares. No innocent onlookers were hurt.

If any onlookers were hurt, I would completely condemn the actions of those involved.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester

From speaking to peers, it sounded like wigan fans ran on the pitch, did all the goading to our fans and the usual you expect with a last minute winner. I love this passion and hope the game never looses this despite many people's best effort to sterile the game.

What followed was a few scuffles at the end of the game. Again, who cares. No innocent onlookers were hurt.

If any onlookers were hurt, I would completely condemn the actions of those involved.
Who cares?
Well. The football authorities do. And consequently Argyle do when they get fined.
Still a game without people climbing over netting and giving it the big 'un (from a still safe distance) is just sooooo sterile

Jan 11, 2016
I'd always thought Zoo Corner took its name from a long gone and once cherished adjacent zoological facility. Perhaps not.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
On a day when the crowd paid their respects to a local girl with a minutes silence, and we hear again about having to brace ourselves for more pandemic restrictions, all some people can think about is fighting at a football game. There is no justification for this. Find them, ban them. Shut the door on them and screw zoo corner. Absolutely no justification

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M

I was at the game. Your peers have not given you an accurate timeline - Argyle fans crossed into the ‘neutral zone’ way before Wigan scored the second.

I was very sympathetic to those who made the case for the zoo corner to be reopened. I suspect if this is repeated it won’t remain open for long. I assume you would not want that?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'm sure Argyle will rightly respond with restrictions and people like ZC will be on here moaning about the atmosphere being sanitised.

Such a bunch of victims of those goading northerners. Couldn't possibly be the better (wo)man and just get over it.

Aug 4, 2011
I was at the game. Your peers have not given you an accurate timeline - Argyle fans crossed into the ‘neutral zone’ way before Wigan scored the second.

I was very sympathetic to those who made the case for the zoo corner to be reopened. I suspect if this is repeated it won’t remain open for long. I assume you would not want that?
That’s actually nonsense. Scroll to 12m30s where Wigan scored. There are no argyle fans in the “neutral zone” - a few turnstile operators were sat there that’s it when Wigan score, and Wigan then proceed to move the net - move into the neutral zone, run on the pitch and let off flares. At least be factual if bashing Argyles involvement in this https://youtu.be/7GQg7hfnntU