Transfer record of £1 million? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer record of £1 million?

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
He's gone - 8mill. Thing us the destination clubs being kept secret. But the source is same guy who told me of the Chopper as it was happening and the Foster sacking. So pedigree.

Reactions: IvyG
Nov 18, 2011
Like Brentford when they sold on Watkins, we'll be getting some big transfer fees for some players and will need to reinvest that money in the squad and hopefully get our own Ivan Toney.

Reactions: HarlHM

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
He can’t sign. Transfer window is not open.

If he was in the last year of his contract he could sign for a club outside of England from Jan….but he wasn’t so he can’t.

£8 million will be a steal but injuries have taken him to the final year of his contract.

Didn’t Norwich pay £12 million for their keeper?

You can do anything you like outside of the transfer window except register new players. It's perfectly possible that a contract has been agreed and money's changed hands. It's just he won't be a contracted player of Team X until the transfer window has opened.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Interesting that someone up further up the thread are of the view that Morgs will be staying. Clearly none of us know, but I’ve internally banked that as a nigh on certainty.

I’d really hope that he gives the new manager a chance for him to lay out his vision.

Apr 2, 2024
You can do anything you like outside of the transfer window except register new players. It's perfectly possible that a contract has been agreed and money's changed hands. It's just he won't be a contracted player of Team X until the transfer window has opened.
Never happens. Teams don’t commit to someone who may get injured playing for someone else.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Unless we are keeping Whittaker and can buy Finn, then I’d hope we stick to a max of 2 million per signing.

Think we need a mix of young up and coming from lower leagues, and experienced like Forshaw.

Like to pick up some free transfers too.

Key is to have a deep bench with good options to draw on, and competition for places.

Mar 16, 2009
London
If Super Cooper's off, as well as Burton (confirmed yesterday) will we be looking for a new first choice keeper, or a back up to Hazard? Presume Baker stays as third choice.

Is Hazard good enough to be our first choice?

Jun 26, 2023
If Super Cooper's off, as well as Burton (confirmed yesterday) will we be looking for a new first choice keeper, or a back up to Hazard? Presume Baker stays as third choice.

Is Hazard good enough to be our first choice?
I don't think so. He did well to cover for Cooper and is a good 2nd choice Goalie at this level but we would need to replace Cooper IF we sell him.

Reactions: Justin