Transfer record of £1 million? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer record of £1 million?

greenplumber

Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
I don't think that Morgan is going anywhere, maybe Coops will be off. I am sure that we will beat our transfer record next season. We need to more competitive in this division.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Can't see Celtic forking out the asking price for Cooper which is likely to be £12-£15 million, not when they could get the Swedish keeper from Rotherham for about £3.5 million, they would be crazy

According to a poster on a different thread, Cooper has signed for a team and the price was £8 million

Reactions: IvyG
Jan 6, 2004
I see wages as just as if not more important than transfer fees in getting in the right calibre of player. Pretty sure we will only be paying big transfer fees as investments in developing players

Reactions: subbuteo
Apr 2, 2024
He can’t sign. Transfer window is not open.

If he was in the last year of his contract he could sign for a club outside of England from Jan….but he wasn’t so he can’t.

£8 million will be a steal but injuries have taken him to the final year of his contract.

Didn’t Norwich pay £12 million for their keeper?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
To be honest I would not pay any more than £ 10 million for Cooper. Plus I would except a bid of £7.5 million for Morgan Whittaker, still a healthy profit for a player who only performed for 5.5 months of the season, and is far to ball greedy and lazy out of posession
In fairness to both Whittaker and Hardie for that matter, they had to play far more in the second half of the season than they did in the first half and it showed.
Being able to swap out Hardie and Morgan for Azaz and Cundle at times saved them from the burnout they suffered from January. Bundu helped out with a couple of goals but without our main two firing who was going get any goals.
Hardie in particular had a very hard time once Azaz and Cundle left but he didn’t put in any less effort.
As for next season, maybe a couple of £2m pound players depending on Whittaker and Cooper staying but if they leave I’d hope to have a nucleus of 5-6 £2m players all playing at a level we’ve not seen for a long while. 3-4 promising premier league loanees and we’ve got the makings of a good first eleven.

Reactions: saxman
Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I see wages as just as if not more important than transfer fees in getting in the right calibre of player. Pretty sure we will only be paying big transfer fees as investments in developing players
Yes - I listened to a football podcast where they discussed football finance throughout Europe following an academic study & some large scale number crunching. The somewhat surprising conclusion they came to was that money spent on transfer fees had a relatively small correlation with success ..... far more important was wages. It seems that big transfers more often than not are just not cost effective in terms of added value.

The implication is that it's much better to spend the money on wages to attract, develop and retain players ..... and presumably also selling on players at a profit to repeat the process. If our board is 'data driven' as they say then I'm sure they'll be well aware of this - and as you say can only imagine them spending large sums (for us) on players with genuine development potential.

Reactions: Mat
Oct 5, 2022
The Cooper to Celtic rumour? Makes sense with Joe Hart retiring.
Not heard this rumour but now seriously worried on a number of fronts. I had a dream on Friday night where the Celtic club badge kept featuring. I woke up convinced that Brendan Rogers had been appointed our new manager....

Last edited: